I Have Trouble Taking Anything Seriously in The Philippines

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

I Have Trouble Taking Anything Seriously in The Philippines

Post by Will N. Dowd »

I've learned that taking almost anything seriously in The Philippines is simply not worth it. Their is simply so much general nonsense, cheating, lying, scamming, etc, that I really don't know what to believe anymore, so I just assume most things are sketchy and probably too good to be true. This is especially the case with relationships with some Filipinas and all their typical nonsense. Isn't it funny that they almost always say on their online dating profiles how they hate liars, scammers, cheaters, and how they are only interested in serious relationships, and how anyone who is not interested in a serious relationship with them is a piece of shit! Then once you are in a so called serious relationship with them, the truth really comes out about their lying, general stupidity, troubled past, and the family's financial difficulties. I don't do serious relationships anywhere, with anyone anymore, but in the Philippines, it would be a death sentence for me. I much prefer fun relationships anyways, why do people always want serious ones? The last serious one I was in was with the hot Sri Lankan girl with huge brown boobs in 2008. Her boobs are still big and brown in 2016 I assume.

I've had girls give me their numbers and text and flirt with me and then later admit they are married or pregnant. Why don't they just tell me that before? I've made out and scored with girls that later admitted they had partners or were engaged. I had an engaged girl offer me a naked massage at home recently. Every trip here I have scored with underage girls, and only found out about it later. I'm sure many others here have experienced similar things. I've had girls tell me how they are different than others and won't ask me for money. But then after I left, they did ask me for money and when I refused it, they blocked or deleted me online lol. Just recently I skyped with almost 10 girls in 1 day from FC, only to find out every single one of them didn't live where their profile said they did and they had no funds to visit me there, hint, hint. I now have a policy of blocking any contacts that have profiles with different cities than where they really live. The only reason they do that is to try the travel money scam on foreigners, so I encourage others to block them as well. It might eventually make a difference and reduce that nonsense. Yes I know NAWALT, but most are and I'm not interested in trying out serious relationships to find the few percentage that are not.

Anyways, my stories of girl nonsense are too many to list, but I am very careful now and if their is any BS at all I ditch them right away, including many before even meeting them.

It's not only girls though. Just recently I sold something on OLX. It was only a small little cable, but the guy wanted it shipped to Cebu. I initially said no, but then agreed if he paid me in advance with paypal and paid LBC for the shipping before hand. He paid me with paypal, but then when I went to LBC to ship it, he said he had prepaid, but of course hadn't so if I had shipped it, I would have given the item away essentially after paying for shipping. So I cancelled the shipment, until he paid for shipping in advance, which he did finally so the deal worked out in the end, and I know how to do them from now on, but he did try to trick me and I caught it luckily. In the future, they must pay me the total of the item plus shipping via paypal before I ship, since I know know how much shipping costs.

So as my title says, I have major issues taking almost anything seriously here, since the general corruptness is so common. Relationships are at the top of this list.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: I Have Trouble Taking Anything Seriously in The Philippi

Post by Rock »

Will N. Dowd wrote:I've learned that taking almost anything seriously in The Philippines is simply not worth it. Their is simply so much general nonsense, cheating, lying, scamming, etc, that I really don't know what to believe anymore, so I just assume most things are sketchy and probably too good to be true. This is especially the case with relationships with some Filipinas and all their typical nonsense. Isn't it funny that they almost always say on their online dating profiles how they hate liars, scammers, cheaters, and how they are only interested in serious relationships, and how anyone who is not interested in a serious relationship with them is a piece of shit! Then once you are in a so called serious relationship with them, the truth really comes out about their lying, general stupidity, troubled past, and the family's financial difficulties. I don't do serious relationships anywhere, with anyone anymore, but in the Philippines, it would be a death sentence for me. I much prefer fun relationships anyways, why do people always want serious ones? The last serious one I was in was with the hot Sri Lankan girl with huge brown breasts in 2008. Her breasts are still big and brown in 2016 I assume.

I've had girls give me their numbers and text and flirt with me and then later admit they are married or pregnant. Why don't they just tell me that before? I've made out and scored with girls that later admitted they had partners or were engaged. I had an engaged girl offer me a naked massage at home recently. Every trip here I have scored with underage girls, and only found out about it later. I'm sure many others here have experienced similar things. I've had girls tell me how they are different than others and won't ask me for money. But then after I left, they did ask me for money and when I refused it, they blocked or deleted me online lol. Just recently I skyped with almost 10 girls in 1 day from FC, only to find out every single one of them didn't live where their profile said they did and they had no funds to visit me there, hint, hint. I now have a policy of blocking any contacts that have profiles with different cities than where they really live. The only reason they do that is to try the travel money scam on foreigners, so I encourage others to block them as well. It might eventually make a difference and reduce that nonsense. Yes I know NAWALT, but most are and I'm not interested in trying out serious relationships to find the few percentage that are not.

Anyways, my stories of girl nonsense are too many to list, but I am very careful now and if their is any BS at all I ditch them right away, including many before even meeting them.

It's not only girls though. Just recently I sold something on OLX. It was only a small little cable, but the guy wanted it shipped to Cebu. I initially said no, but then agreed if he paid me in advance with paypal and paid LBC for the shipping before hand. He paid me with paypal, but then when I went to LBC to ship it, he said he had prepaid, but of course hadn't so if I had shipped it, I would have given the item away essentially after paying for shipping. So I cancelled the shipment, until he paid for shipping in advance, which he did finally so the deal worked out in the end, and I know how to do them from now on, but he did try to trick me and I caught it luckily. In the future, they must pay me the total of the item plus shipping via paypal before I ship, since I know know how much shipping costs.

So as my title says, I have major issues taking almost anything seriously here, since the general corruptness is so common. Relationships are at the top of this list.
Why don't you at least check the girls postal and/or voter IDs unless they are clearly of age (say late 20s). Ignorance of age does not absolve you of legal consequences should you get caught. Moreover, you are lucky none of them set you up.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

A wise man would delete the third sentence of the second paragraph. Why cut your own throat?
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Will N. Dowd wrote:I've learned that taking almost anything seriously in The Philippines is simply not worth it. Their is simply so much general nonsense, cheating, lying, scamming, etc, that I really don't know what to believe anymore, so I just assume most things are sketchy and probably too good to be true. This is especially the case with relationships with some Filipinas and all their typical nonsense. Isn't it funny that they almost always say on their online dating profiles how they hate liars, scammers, cheaters, and how they are only interested in serious relationships, and how anyone who is not interested in a serious relationship with them is a piece of shit! Then once you are in a so called serious relationship with them, the truth really comes out about their lying, general stupidity, troubled past, and the family's financial difficulties. I don't do serious relationships anywhere, with anyone anymore, but in the Philippines, it would be a death sentence for me. I much prefer fun relationships anyways, why do people always want serious ones? The last serious one I was in was with the hot Sri Lankan girl with huge brown breasts in 2008. Her breasts are still big and brown in 2016 I assume.

I've had girls give me their numbers and text and flirt with me and then later admit they are married or pregnant. Why don't they just tell me that before? I've made out and scored with girls that later admitted they had partners or were engaged. I had an engaged girl offer me a naked massage at home recently. I'm sure many others here have experienced similar things. I've had girls tell me how they are different than others and won't ask me for money. But then after I left, they did ask me for money and when I refused it, they blocked or deleted me online lol. Just recently I skyped with almost 10 girls in 1 day from FC, only to find out every single one of them didn't live where their profile said they did and they had no funds to visit me there, hint, hint. I now have a policy of blocking any contacts that have profiles with different cities than where they really live. The only reason they do that is to try the travel money scam on foreigners, so I encourage others to block them as well. It might eventually make a difference and reduce that nonsense. Yes I know NAWALT, but most are and I'm not interested in trying out serious relationships to find the few percentage that are not.

Yup. Going to live in the other side of the world doesn't necessarily solve the woman problem. It seems that the women there have just as many problems as Canadian and American women, with the exception that at least there your market value is higher. That's about the only difference I can see. Now it seems the women there are not of a higher caliber.

I also think it depends on who the man is. Some men naturally gravitate toward the wrong type of women. Others at that type of man themselves, just they don't know it.

Also it depends on the lifestyle you're living. It isn't necessarily the whole race of people. For example, back when I used to chat with women online, I thought women as a whole were just very sociopathic individuals. Now I realize that it was that the sociopathic women tended to congregate in certain places online. Online they had much more power than in person to work their evil. In person probably few men would bother with them.

Likewise, if a man goes to clubs, he shouldn't complain that the women he meets are whores. If he didn't want a whore, he would not go to the whore-market. So consider the subculture in which you are shopping. This just may be the consequence of swimming in the wrong pool.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
cdnFA
Junior Poster

Post by cdnFA »

Adama wrote: Yup. Going to live in the other side of the world doesn't necessarily solve the woman problem. It seems that the women there have just as many problems as Canadian and American women, with the exception that at least there your market value is higher. That's about the only difference I can see. Now it seems the women there are not of a higher caliber.

Holy crap on a cracker, yet another thing Adama says that I agree with.
I've been noticing this myself a bit, it isn't that the girls are better, it is that our exotic whiteness and western money makes us the Chad Thundercock.
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

cdnFA wrote:
Adama wrote: Yup. Going to live in the other side of the world doesn't necessarily solve the woman problem. It seems that the women there have just as many problems as Canadian and American women, with the exception that at least there your market value is higher. That's about the only difference I can see. Now it seems the women there are not of a higher caliber.

Holy crap on a cracker, yet another thing Adama says that I agree with.
I've been noticing this myself a bit, it isn't that the girls are better, it is that our exotic whiteness and western money makes us the Chad Thundercock.
Lol. More like Chump Thunderwallet.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Another White Guy...Trying to FIX THINGS IN ASIA.... :lol:
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

I don't get it Will ..you must be stupid. You never wanted to look for love or anything serious but to bang chicks and that what you been doing. So what are you complaining about. You don't take any of these girls serious and I guess none of them take you serious. But you just wanted to monger.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on July 30th, 2019, 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cdnFA
Junior Poster

Post by cdnFA »

chanta76 wrote:I don't get it Will ..you must be stupid. You never wanted to look for love or anything serious but to bang chicks and that what you been doing. So what are you complaining about. You don't take any of these girls serious and I guess none of them take you serious. But you just wanted to monger.
At best it is humblebrag, but more likely it is humblelies.
I've seen it on other forums.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Will N. Dowd wrote: Their is simply so much general nonsense, cheating, lying, scamming, etc, that I really don't know what to believe anymore, so I just assume most things are sketchy and probably too good to be true. This is especially the case with relationships with some Filipinas and all their typical nonsense.
Filipinos never grow up no matter how old they get. They are forever teenagers. Being easily offended and unforgiving is just part of their emotional immaturity.

My wife was mad at me today and started crying. Being the good husband that I am I decided it was best to give her multiple orgasms. Generally speaking, 10 multiple orgasms will generally fix any relationship problems you might in the Philippines. My wife is fine now. Also, multiple orgasms are a good way to change your Filipinas religion from Catholic to Protestant.

If your a foreigner living here your not allowed to offend anyone. However, its OK if Filipinos offend you. Of all the places I've lived I've been offended more in the Philippines than any other country so now I don't care if I offend anyone anymore. They can stick it. I only have about 3 Filipino guy friends and I don't think that number will ever increase.

I've been in the Philippines 4 years now. Its the only place I've been where a church minister has lied to me and money was involved.

My wife's dad has 5 hectares of land which he does nothing with. He won't let any of his children build a house on the land or start a business with it but he lets homeless people live on it for free. He thinks that's a good idea.
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

taco,

Is there double standard treatment. I mean Philippines people will treat Philippine people one way but to foreigners another way? I notice that Thailand does this.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

chanta76 wrote:taco,

Is there double standard treatment. I mean Philippines people will treat Philippine people one way but to foreigners another way? I notice that Thailand does this.
Not really. Filipinos will cheat anyone, even each other. However, they are less likely to get away with it when they are trying to scam other Filipinos.
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
Mr Natural
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr Natural »

Adama wrote:the women there have just as many problems as Canadian and American women, with the exception that at least there your market value is higher. That's about the only difference I can see.
But that difference can be HUGE, because with that increased market value you have access to women that wouldn't give you the time of day in the west. How easy is it for a 50 or 60 year old middle class guy to shack up with a 20 year old hottie in the USA? Not saying it's impossible but good luck. In the Philippines it's easy as falling out of a tree, in fact you just about have to fight them off.
cdnFA wrote:it isn't that the girls are better, it is that our exotic whiteness and western money makes us the Chad Thundercock.
But they are better, much better than a given westerner can generally get for himself back home. The fact that they aren't actually perfect seems to surprise you guys. This reminds me of all the guys who go overseas, often to third world countries so they can take advantage of this "value", and then complain about all the deficiencies of the country. People tend to forget one of the most important lessons in life, you have to take the good with the bad. There is no perfect place just as there are no perfect people.
Everybody has a plan til they get punched in the mouth
Mike Tyson
Mr Natural
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr Natural »

Will N. Dowd wrote:Their is simply so much general nonsense, cheating, lying, scamming, etc, that I really don't know what to believe anymore
I noticed you list your location as Never Land, and it must be true because it sounds like you haven't spent much time in the rest of the real world. Having lived and worked all over the world for a long time, I will let you in on something - nonsense and cheating and lying and scamming goes on EVERYWHERE my friend. In very different ways perhaps, and some of those ways may irritate you more than others. But I can assure you that it's not just wherever you are.
Everybody has a plan til they get punched in the mouth
Mike Tyson