Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Spanish people / spanish speakers in the Philippines

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Spanish people / spanish speakers in the Philippines

Postby Johnny1975 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:24 pm

Where can they mostly be found?
***** Join my forum for entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs : *****

And while you're at it...

*** Buy my motherf***ing book NOW!!!!! *** ----->

Experienced Poster

Re: Spanish people / spanish speakers in the Philippines

Postby ChinaFan » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:54 am

Zamboanga in the South.

On one of my first trips to Manila, I had to go around getting pictures and forms for a visa teaching English in Korea.

I met a young lady from Zamboanga who offered to help me get my requirements. This was before I learned Filipino. Her English wasn't good but I could speak Spanish to her and she replied comfortably and we got along.

She was even so kind as to watch my bag while I went in a back room to take a passport picture.

After that final errand, I offered to buy her lunch for her troubles and she adamantly refused. She had to get going. Something to do.

Well, I got a taxi somewhere else, and then I realize she took my wallet out of my bag.

Good thing I hid 90% of my travel cash elsewhere.
Freshman Poster

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand