Spanish people/Spanish speakers in the Philippines

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Spanish people/Spanish speakers in the Philippines

Post by Johnny1975 »

Where can they mostly be found?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

ChinaFan
Freshman Poster

Re: Spanish people/Spanish speakers in the Philippines

Post by ChinaFan »

Zamboanga in the South.

On one of my first trips to Manila, I had to go around getting pictures and forms for a visa teaching English in Korea.

I met a young lady from Zamboanga who offered to help me get my requirements. This was before I learned Filipino. Her English wasn't good but I could speak Spanish to her and she replied comfortably and we got along.

She was even so kind as to watch my bag while I went in a back room to take a passport picture.

After that final errand, I offered to buy her lunch for her troubles and she adamantly refused. She had to get going. Something to do.

Well, I got a taxi somewhere else, and then I realize she took my wallet out of my bag.

Good thing I hid 90% of my travel cash elsewhere.