Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Falling in love with a girl far away

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Falling in love with a girl far away

Postby mentor » July 20th, 2016, 2:56 pm

We live in the age of internet and information technology.
Geography is a rather subjective term now regarding the communication of people, and we use the dating sites to find the proper girl(s) for partnership.
Distant long term relationship is a new thing to me, and it will be this way until I am sure for the other part, and take the decision to make all arrangements to be together. But I will give time, to see things and situation more clear, and I will not be in a rush.
We have been given a chance, to talk/see/find a girl from far abroad, but on the other hand, it is not like the real thing, ….or it is close enough and it worth it?
So, I want to read your experiences, from all of you that you started a relationship from distance, using internet, with the purpose to find your match and a lifetime partner from Asia/Philippines/etc.
How it was, how did it go, how easy/hard it was, the feelings, the obstacles, the whole process, the beginning and the (happy!) end, and the related topics.
Give your point of view please.
mentor
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 467
Joined: July 27th, 2015, 6:52 pm




Check out our Dating Sites and HA International Romance Tours!



Re: Fall in love with a girl far away

Postby MarcosZeitola » July 20th, 2016, 4:34 pm

I fell in love with a girl who lived far away. I knew I loved her, I knew I wanted her. But I had to meet her first, to remove any remaining doubts. So I flew to her. Any girl could be a scammer, could be fake. Even if you see her on webcam, there could still be some pimp standing by in the other room giving her instructions. Once you have met a girl, or multiple girls, that you have a genuine connection with, your next step is to buy a ticket and fly to her country. To see her in person. Know what she's like, face to face. Only then do you know for sure.

There are obstacles. There are hurdles. It's not easy, but it can definitely be done. You have been vague about what you really want though. You are evasive when I ask you, if you would actually fly to a girl. You have said before, that you prefer to buy a ticket for HER to come visit YOU. Please let go of that ridiculous notion; if you meet your dream girl, or at least a girl you believe could potentially be your dream girl? Go get off your lazy ass and fly to her. And if you want to be smart about it, have some back-up girl(s) too because tickets aren't cheap and it's not fun to go home completely empty-handed when you rely on this one single girl. Some here have done that, and it worked for them. Me, I took a gamble, went for one girl alone. I was lucky. She was the one, and I knew it.

Good luck. I hope you find what you are looking for. However, remember: as long as you have not met the girl in real life, away from your computer screen, your relationship is incomplete. It's still a relationship, but it is and always will be incomplete until you meet her.
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2026
Joined: May 31st, 2014, 8:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Re: Fall in love with a girl far away

Postby livefreeordie » July 21st, 2016, 4:08 am

divide cost of flying over/happiness earned by the amount of money/assets/emotional pain from being screwed over in a divorce with a western woman = BARGAIN
User avatar
livefreeordie
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 177
Joined: June 29th, 2016, 9:18 am

Re: Fall in love with a girl far away

Postby mentor » July 26th, 2016, 9:12 am

livefreeordie wrote:divide cost of flying over/happiness earned by the amount of money/assets/emotional pain from being screwed over in a divorce with a western woman = BARGAIN


This is a fact in my opinion.
mentor
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 467
Joined: July 27th, 2015, 6:52 pm

Re: Fall in love with a girl far away

Postby yick » July 26th, 2016, 11:16 am

Basically, you need money - even if you and the girl click on the first trip, you need to keep going back or you need to up sticks and camp out there.

I did this twice, the first woman was interested and I met her family who loved me - this was Russia, she was a nice, educated, middle class girl from Moscow
who spoke fluent English - I was a working class, semi-educated English guy with a poorly paid job so going out there to live (which would have worked but I didn't
have the means or the qualifications at the time to do this) wasn't going to happen. She wanted me to come back, I couldn't and a local guy came in and swept
her off her feet.

Second time was a woman in Uruguay, very similar to the lady in Russia, middle class, educated, had money or her family did - I met her family and I even met her
boyfriend who she forgot to tell me about - to her it was a game, I pulled up my big boy pants and moved on, you have to when that happens because it can happen
where you go out there and she is just f***ing you about.

You need to go out there to live and then find the woman - that would be the best thing - but if not, you need to go out there a fair few times after you have been there.
yick
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 780
Joined: October 23rd, 2015, 10:11 am

Re: Falling in love with a girl far away

Postby Zambales » July 26th, 2016, 7:49 pm

I've met two, both from the Philippines, but neither did I fall in love with.

The first one was very attractive and I was with her for several years. I visited her numerous times but I always had in the back of mind a piece of advice from a friend who had done something similar. Only bring her back home if you're 100% sure. I never was 100% and in the end it was good advice. She turned out to be a scammer but for the first couple of years she pretended to be genuine. My suspicions arose when suddenly she started asking for money regularly and making up bullshit stories so that was the end of her.

The second one I spent three weeks with in the Philippines. I saw about 50 photo's of her beforehand and she was attractive but not as much as the above. She did have a better personality though.
The only downside was that she lied on her dating profile about her height. It said 5"2 and she was more like 4"2. Too girly looking for me.
User avatar
Zambales
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 877
Joined: August 9th, 2015, 9:41 pm

Re: Falling in love with a girl far away

Postby mentor » July 26th, 2016, 8:23 pm

Zambales wrote:I've met two, both from the Philippines, but neither did I fall in love with.

The first one was very attractive and I was with her for several years. I visited her numerous times but I always had in the back of mind a piece of advice from a friend who had done something similar. Only bring her back home if you're 100% sure. I never was 100% and in the end it was good advice. She turned out to be a scammer but for the first couple of years she pretended to be genuine. My suspicions arose when suddenly she started asking for money regularly and making up bullshit stories so that was the end of her.

The second one I spent three weeks with in the Philippines. I saw about 50 photo's of her beforehand and she was attractive but not as much as the above. She did have a better personality though.
The only downside was that she lied on her dating profile about her height. It said 5"2 and she was more like 4"2. Too girly looking for me.


Pretending for years??? What a bad story. Thanks God the bad girls I knew online till now, they quit after some days...
And I guess that the one I will know for years, will be at least...genuine.
Of course, if any girl asks for money, this is the end.
But pretending for years without asking money, it is a rather very 'scientific' scamming...
mentor
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 467
Joined: July 27th, 2015, 6:52 pm

Re: Falling in love with a girl far away

Postby Zambales » July 26th, 2016, 10:27 pm

mentor wrote:
Zambales wrote:I've met two, both from the Philippines, but neither did I fall in love with.

The first one was very attractive and I was with her for several years. I visited her numerous times but I always had in the back of mind a piece of advice from a friend who had done something similar. Only bring her back home if you're 100% sure. I never was 100% and in the end it was good advice. She turned out to be a scammer but for the first couple of years she pretended to be genuine. My suspicions arose when suddenly she started asking for money regularly and making up bullshit stories so that was the end of her.

The second one I spent three weeks with in the Philippines. I saw about 50 photo's of her beforehand and she was attractive but not as much as the above. She did have a better personality though.
The only downside was that she lied on her dating profile about her height. It said 5"2 and she was more like 4"2. Too girly looking for me.


Pretending for years??? What a bad story. Thanks God the bad girls I knew online till now, they quit after some days...
And I guess that the one I will know for years, will be at least...genuine.
Of course, if any girl asks for money, this is the end.
But pretending for years without asking money, it is a rather very 'scientific' scamming...


She first asked for money after two years but in small amounts and only now and then. About a year later it snowballed & became ridiculous.

These types are not your typical scammer who are impatient and ask for money early on but instead they play the waiting game.
User avatar
Zambales
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 877
Joined: August 9th, 2015, 9:41 pm


Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests