Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Why I'd Vote for Duterte over Trump or Clinton

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Why I'd Vote for Duterte over Trump or Clinton

Postby davewe » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:57 pm

Check out my blog @
Experienced Poster

Re: Why I'd Vote for Duterte over Trump or Clinton

Postby Mr Natural » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:11 am

Have to agree Dave, although I wonder if it's just because I don't know enough about him. Seems like the more I learn about any given politician the less I like them, guess it's the nature of the beast.
Everybody has a plan til they get punched in the mouth
Mike Tyson
Mr Natural
Freshman Poster

Postby zboy1 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:58 am

Duterte is awesome! The Philippines will definitely improve under his leadership. Anyone that get attacked by the globalist media is someone that I trust.

My gf is Filipina, so if he does improve the country, I might consider retiring in that country.
Find teaching jobs in China at
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby MarcosZeitola » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:15 pm

Nice piece. I myself admire Duterte too. He is funny, he is experienced, and he is in many ways a breath of fresh air. What I dislike about him, is his treatment of several rebel groups such as the NPA, New People's Army. I understand his drive to make peace, but do not believe José Maria Sison, after having ordered the deaths of hundreds of Filipino soldiers, should be allowed to simply return home without standing trial.

I admire the decision Duterte made to bury President Ferdinand Marcos with full military honors, however - Marcos, for all his flaws as a leader, was a war hero who fought the Japanese. Aquino has been trying his best to erase his own family's shameful war-time history, with his grandfather being tried for treason after collaborating with the Japanese. Duterte does not f**k around, he is not afraid to do things that are controversial, when he knows it is the right thing to do. I will admire him even more when he goes after the biggest fish out there yet to fry; Mr. Aquino and Mr. Binay and their corrupt families and cronies. Binay is out on bail right now, but will see his day in court. Aquino, who has several cases lined up, likely will too. Mayors have been removed, generals have been removed, celebrities caught using or dealing drugs... Duterte makes me feel that in this Philippines, no matter how powerful or rich you are, he will get you. No matter what your last name is, he will go after you.

People are tired of the status quo. They want a new country, a country they can be proud of again. That requires the sort of leader that can make tough decisions, and sweep through the nation like a janitor with a broom. And do so with a smile on his face and a witty comeback to whatever criticism well-meaning but naive human rights lawyers will throw at him for doing so... Duterte is that man.
Experienced Poster

Postby pete98146 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:19 pm

Great work as always my friend. I know that Cathy is a big fan of Duterte's as well. Perhaps we can trade Trump and Hillary for Duterte? Seems fair to me!!!
Experienced Poster

Postby starchild5 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:30 am

He understands how Third World works...I myself have never sat through 90 minutes of speach of any leader from India. This was the first time I did and it went like a which he has lot to offer for common man..

People in poor countries really do not care for South China Sea, Hague Ruling, Diplomacy, ASEAN, Political drama. They care for Passport, Driving license, documentation stamped from government, MRT, LRT rush hours etc.

And he cleaned all issues facing a middle - lower class filipino with one shot...Passport increase 5 to 10 years, driving license 3 to 5...more frequency for LRT, MRT, increase in speed from 40 to 60kmh, corruption in customs - gone..tanim bala in airport...gone

No queuing in-front of government offices in rain and heat...3 DAYS.... :lol: :lol: hurrey... ...that was the best...I know the pain in waiting to get documents from government....when finally your number comes, they tell you, documents are not enough and go back and get more...Duterte has stopped this...All third world countries government does this. This is one of the biggest pains dealing with government department in third world countries.

From 2017...Philippines should not be called a third world country but a semi-developed one even with poverty, because Duterte has cleaned up many of the issues facing people in third world that really matters and annoys the sh*t out of a third world guy... :D :D
Experienced Poster

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand