What is Rodrigo Duterte doing to improve the Philippines?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Gadfly
Freshman Poster

Re: What is Rodrigo Duterte doing to improve the Philippines

Post by Gadfly »

Duterte just got a reality check.

He found out the other day that he better not offend a certain group of people. Otherwise, it's curtains for him and his campaign to clean up his country.

http://www.haaretz.com/world-news/asia- ... a/1.745609
Vendri
Freshman Poster

Post by Vendri »

After hearing and being told by various Filipinos/Filipinas how much the country's drug situation has been improving under Duterte, and the massive bleeding heart reaction from Western Progressives about his "slaughtering", I have changed a previously hostile stance to him, to a very supportive stance. He's even making it perfectly clear to the U.S and Obama to not interfere in his plans, and that he is not a puppet of the U.S government, even getting comfortable with China. He is wise to do this, and to distance himself and the country from the imperialist goals of the corrupt U.S and their globalist puppetmasters.

I have spent a whole day arguing with Progressives about Duterte and Drug Crime (Even Marijuana) on a Progressive youtube video calling Duterte the "Hitler of the Philippines", and they of course act like typical Leftists: Accuse me of not caring about humanity and being inhuman, and a Troglodyte, and such emotionally-charged Ad Homs. I did not get One coherent response in that day, and it was amusing. One person even did the "IF YOUR FAMILY WAS ACCUSED OF DRUG ADDICTION AND KILLED WOULD YOU SUPPORT IT?!", on a Filipina girl in the comments no less.

I shut one guy up in particular by showing him the Colorado Bureau of Investigation statistics about the Skyrocketing crime rates in the state since legalization in 2012, after he claimed Marijuana reduced crime rates, and he has, a day and a half later, never responded. Progressives slither away like snakes or dismiss you when you show them facts...it contradicts their toxic agendas you see.

Duterte has a 91% approval rating, 8% are not sure what to think, and 1% disapprove. Hmm...could it be that this 1% are the Drug Addicts/peddlers he is going after? Maybe.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

I don't think he's a bad man. I think his heart is in the right place and he's totally genuine. But there's a right way and a wrong way to do things. You shouldn't let your hatred for bad things make you bad and make you do bad things yourself. His intentions are good, but his actions are wrong. His actions work very effectively, but they're still wrong.

The chief of police recently told drug addicts to burn down the houses of drug dealers. How stupid.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Vendri wrote:One person even did the "IF YOUR FAMILY WAS ACCUSED OF DRUG ADDICTION AND KILLED WOULD YOU SUPPORT IT?!", on a Filipina girl in the comments no less.
Well, what did you say to that? It's a good point.
Gadfly
Freshman Poster

Post by Gadfly »

Now he's telling O where to go. According to the last paragraph, he might end up like his predecessor Ferdinand Marcos.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/719a579d ... -they-last