Does Anyone Pay a Filipina to Be Their Girlfriend?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Does Anyone Pay a Filipina to Be Their Girlfriend?

Post by Will N. Dowd »

I read online stories about foreigners paying Filipinas or other poor girls an allowance to be their girlfriend. I'm not talking about paying for her meals, transport, load, etc when you are dating her, I'm talking about paying for all that, and actually paying her an "allowance" just to be with you, so she doesn't have to work.

The explanation I read was that when the foreign guy met the girl, she was working 6 days a week at one of the usual minimum wage jobs making 300 pesos a day or about 8000 a month. They liked each other but the guy was lonely while she was working, and he could only meet her a few times a week after her work. So he started meeting other girls, but didn't like them as much as her. Since she couldn't afford to not work, he convinced her to quit the job, move in with him, and he would pay her the salary or more, and would pay for all her food, movies, transport etc.

I assume in most circumstances this would be the only way to be with the girl 24/7, since she couldn't afford to not work. I would have major issues with this and hope I never have to do this, since it reeks of prostitution. I have no issue paying for Pinays restaurant food, fare, taxis, movies, or whatever else we are doing together, since most have almost no spare money, but doing that and paying them a girlfriend salary would bother me tremendously. I suppose you could only pay her the salary, and then tell her she has to pay for herself when you go out, but I really doubt that happens.

I'll also assume doing this in Manila would cost a lot more since the cost of living and wages there are higher.

Is anyone doing this or has done it?

I'm curious if this could work out in the long term, and at what point would you stop paying them, besides if you split up obviously.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Does Anyone Pay a Filipina to Be Their Girlfriend?

Post by publicduende »

I haven't personally met anyone who had this kind of arrangement proposed, or imposed, to the girl.

However consider that for those poor girls whose best chance at a job is shop assistant in a mall or promo girl (if they're cute), even those 8,000 pesos a month are pretty elusive. Those jobs are never stable, they might only be seasonal (Xmas etc.) and they might disappear at the whim of a bitchy manager or at the first field mistake on their side.

If the girl is one of the rare ones with pride, they will hold on to their job and limit their social/love life to the time when they're free. If the girl is in that vast majority we know about, she will be the first to find the first excuse to ditch the job and start trading her time for full support by the foreigner. That's when they are themselves asking for an allowance, or cash for their parents. Usually not much, just a few thousands a month. That I would say qualifies as an allowance.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

What if you want to date other girls? Then you're paying this girl to be with you all the time. You'd be shooting yourself in the foot.

Sounds like some kind of clever pro concocted this idea.

Do you still get to say "You're fired!" ?
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

I can understand why a guy would do that. I know how frustrating it is to date a Filipina with a full-time job. But I wonder what her parents would say about an arrangement like that.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

I'm not interested in southeast Asia, for various reasons, but if I were to live there, I would definitely put the GF on an allowance, same as I've done with singe American women and what I tried to do in Ukraine. Main problem is finding a woman I'm truly interested in.

The American women were big compromises in personality (they were fine in the looks department), so the longest lasted a month, the others less than a month, before being handed their walking papers. Something wrong with women in America I decided.

So then I decided to try Ukraine. Women there were better quality in personality, but I'm making no compromises whatsoever anymore, so merely better is not sufficient. Thats why none of the Ukrainian women made it past the interview stage. Because of this, exact terms of employment were not discussed, though I had previously given an indication of the ballpark amount I was offering (about $100/day for up to 90/days per year) for a mistress situation. No one tried to scam me in Ukraine. One woman showed up in a taxi, then paid $2 for the taxi herself when we got to the restaurant she had picked, even though I tried to pay. The restaurant cost $8 for the two of us for lunch, and I paid for that. Quite different from all these tales of taxi/restaurant scams. But there was no real chemistry, so we didn't bother proceeding, by mutual agreement. Similar story with the other women I interviewed.

A lot of scammers contacted me by email, but quietly skulked away when I replied, in Russian, how I planned to proceed and then asked some probing questions.

Eventually, I got tired of all this dating. But I'll try again next year. I now have a plan for meeting the type of women I'm pretty sure will work out for me. Sorry, I'm not revealing my method since I don't want competition. But it involves women aged 35 to 55, so probably most of you aren't interested anyway.

[Update: based on the fact that I was a money obsessed cheapskate during my youth, which is how I managed to retire young, there is some question as to whether I will carry through with that $100/day deal in the long run. In the short run, not a problem. I was true to my promise with those American women for the same figure. But knowing myself, I'll probably find an excuse to chisel the allowance down in the long run the next time I get a girlfriend. I've tried to be less of a cheapskate in my old age, but those sorts of habits die hard. My love of money is way stronger than my love of partner sex, given that masturbation is a viable alternative. I'm pretty sure I used women as an excuse to get me to Ukraine, where living and medical care is cheap, rather than vice-versa, for example. Then again, it is true I have more money than I know what to do with, especially since much of the year I live in a tent like a homeless person, by preference, so why not spend the money on the one thing I do want, however feeble that desire is?]
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Unethical and unhealthy. Being around someone 24/7 could lead to you becoming fed up with her once the honeymoon period is over. Then what? You'd probably be wanting to pay her NOT to be your girlfriend. :mrgreen:
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

How much would you expect to pay for a temporary wife?
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Zambales wrote:Unethical and unhealthy. Being around someone 24/7 could lead to you becoming fed up with her once the honeymoon period is over. Then what? You'd probably be wanting to pay her NOT to be your girlfriend. :mrgreen:
Probably. Rather than paying her not to be your gf, you should "fire" her but give her a generous severance package.
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

WHY THE f**k NOT?

Sugar daddies are the relationship of the future.

Give her money and the second she acts like a bitch kick her out and do not give her another peso.

Women are whores anyways. Some women are a little more honest than others.

Trad-con (Trad-cuc) fucktards complain that they have no control or power in a modern relationship. Being a sugar daddy gives you lots of power. And Pinays are affordable.