Will N. Dowd Models at Philippines Fashion Show

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Re: Will N. Dowd Models at Philippines Fashion Show

Post by chanta76 »

adventurer,

a white guy or black guy doing manga ? If it's good manga I don't think people care what race it is. Since you know manga the stereotype is that only the Japanese can do manga but there is growing movement in South korea to do manga and I think in China. It's comic books really. With manga I think if it's good it's good. Hip hop or singing is different because you have to sell the face and sometimes the race of the artist.

Hip hop is associated with black culture. There was an Asian guy name Jin who was CHinese who tried to break into the hip hop world in USA years ago but I heard he went to Asia instead . I hear stories of Asian kids who are talented in singing and dancing but they have hard time making it in the west and head to Asia. Many of the k-pop bands are filled with kyopos. I'm not denying that Koreans or Asians will have stereotypes of western(black or white) . They do!! but some of these stereotypes are actually good stereotypes.

Again when I was in Korea I was studying Korean at a language institute. There were number of black guys there. Some form USA and some from Africa. There were also many Japanese students. I have no idea why but many of the Japanese guys would go up to the black guys and say "you look strong", and admire them. I hear stereotypes of black male BBC stereotype and they kill Japanese girls and this is what the Jaapnese guys will tell me. Who knows? but they look at black guys as some thing to admire. I don't know. This happens less so in Korea but this is way back in 2004 period. Not sure if this attitude still around.

I guess what I'm saying is that you have to look at the history and what came first. After Japan lost the war. USA pretty much had a huge influence onJapan. This would also applied to South Korea after the Korean war. Many US movies and TV shows would go there. The association is if your white you got money etc...kind of like what is still happening in the Philippines.

As Japan and South korea rose they do have their own nationalism . China is bit different since they never became colonize but saying that I think if your foreigner learn the language and culture it's still allot more accepting in Asia compared to the west.

Either that or the white people countries are just allot more racist.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

chanta76 wrote:Yick,

It's called sexism in Asia . I think if there are more western expat bringing their western way of romance it does change the land scape but also may potential spoil the girl. I'm not saying I'm advocating misogyny but a big part of the reason why Asians women act traditional is because of the asian culture set up and how asian men treat them. None of this putting them on pedestal stuff but it's changing now drastically in Asia.

I think some of it is due to western TV shows ..and I seen this in South Korea. Korean girls want a guy to be more romantic. This is how it happened. Western shows influences some of the Korean media and you have what we have today. Its like Korea took it to whole new level.

There was a time in South Korea where a Korean guy just needed a decent job and that's it . Again I'm not defending being sexist but starting in the 80's - 90's you had more and more exposure of western media and music in South Korea. You had some Korean girls that prefer white guys (this also happened in Japan back in 90's) where if you were just a white guy and showed up it's not hard to get a decent Korean girl. Allot of it was base upon the western media exposure at that TIME but starting in 2000 it started to change in countries like Japan and South Korea. Why? Korean and Japanese girls would run to a white guy believing in that Hollywood stuff but it doesn't always pan out.

You mentioned about your company telling you to dress in Santa Claus outfit and it' seems stereotypical. It is but as you mentioned I think your in tier 3 (correct me) city we very few foreigners. It's like an Asian guy going to a country with less than 1% Asian and the locals call him Jet Li or Bruce Lee. Is it racist? yes but to the local they don't see it. They go by what they see in the media. My argument is that western media is world MEDIA. So that's white guys have that freedom to go where ever and the association good or bad is there.

As foreigners grow in population and if I was a betting man it be easier for westerns to integrate or even become a upper class in Asia. I think this is something you guys are missing. The association of a white person is that your from either Europe or North America and the assumption is that your from a wealthy country.
You really seem thick sometimes.

How in the hell is a westerner going to integrate or become upper class in Asia if he wasn't already upper class back home? Seriously, the only places in East Asia where a significant percentage of white westerners even have high paying professional jobs are Hong Kong and Singapore. And those 2 cities/city states are built on a very multi-cultural business foundation and account for a tiny sliver (less than 0.1%) of total east Asian population. Most white guys in East Asia are English teachers or at best mid level guys in companies. A few are small to medium size business owners but most are not making real coin out here. And even if they are, they are still generally not part of the true upper class.

Think of 2G and 3G or more E. Asians in the USA. You sometimes see them as judges, high level government officials, mayors, doctors, lawyers, etc. They tend to be professionally employed with higher salaries and net worth. Many speak English but not the language of their ancestors. How many white guys in Asia fit anything close to those characteristics if you strip out HK and SP?

Seriously, it's pretty much a no brainer. Guys like you assume all the struggles you had in the USA were the result of your ethnicity and had nothing to do with you as an individual. Try to dig deeper and see the bigger picture.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Rock,

You misunderstand. Lets use Yohan. He lives in Japan. His not ESL teacher. He has a regular job. His married with family and been living in Japan for year.s Let say there 100's of yohan vs l00's of Will n_dodd(again no offense to Will N-dodd) what's the difference? The problem is your looking at the back pack expat travelers that show up for 1 or 2 years and leave. In Asia there is no sizable white people population vs a sizable Asian population in USA. Mabye except in Hong Kong there is a British expats population that are 2nd generation and from all reports are the upper class.

The Asian Americans just like the black American had to go through civil rights movement to get to where they are now. In Asia if the white people population grow and know the language and culture..would have much easier time .

let's use you for example. From what i understand you speak some Chinese. You worked in Singapore but now ..have real estate through out Asia and probably allot more well off than some ESL teacher and probably Asian american families back in the states. The stereotype that all Asians make it in the USA is stereotype. I know many Asian American who are not profession but work for their family business.

How many white guys in Asia are profession educated and speak the language fluently and know the culture? That's lies the problem not enough of them. So your not making a fair comparison. Its like me saying look at the FOBBY chinese guy who can't speak English or know the culture. People would assume he is Chinese food delivery guy.
Rock wrote:

Seriously, it's pretty much a no brainer. Guys like you assume all the struggles you had in the USA were the result of your ethnicity and had nothing to do with you as an individual. Try to dig deeper and see the bigger picture.
I still live USA and still work here. I still deal with the occasion racism. I work in real estate in NYC. As you know sometimes it's about connection and I do see a big boy network and it's full of white boys in that network. Here in NYC many of the jews have influences so race does play but I still get up go to work because I family to take care of. Yes money out weights everything else..but lets use an industry where Asian supposedly dominate. That would be IT industry . I had a friend who got a job at Silicon valley and many of the programmers are Asians but many of the managers are white. Guess who are the bosses?

When you mentioned about struggles I'm surprise you would say that? There are posters who think it's feminism fault or the American way of life fault. Let's use Winston he complains allot about certain countries not having a good jive that clicks with him. Is it him or the country? I'm surprise you would say that. Whose to say that maybe as an Asian man I might be right? Instead you dismiss my concern .
If Asia is so racist to you..Why do you live in Asia? Come back to America?
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

You got a lot of details wrong but never mind that. Guys like Yohan are rare. And anyway, he's certainly no government official or high class guy in Japan. He just was able to secure a well paying job in Japan and pick-up the language.

How many white judges are there in Japan, S. Korea, Taiwan, China, Thailand, and the rest of E. Asia? How many lawyers are there? How many elected officials? How many are citizens of their respective countries of residence? Let me tell you. These are unicorns. There is an institutionalized and codified glass ceiling in Asia which makes it extremely difficult to impossible for whites and other foreigners gain citizenship or integrate into the upper levels of local society. Westerners really fill niche roles where their skills are somehow in shortage. Even then, they generally are not encouraged or allowed to fully integrate into local Asian societies.

In the USA, different races and ethnicities may sometimes be vocal in their bias against each other. But the USA will allow Asian Americans to become true Americans meaning they can vote, hold any job, seek public office, and over time integrate. That by and large just is not true in E. Asia. Ask lifer white expats to Asia like myself, Ladislav, Yohan, and others. We are looked at as pure outsiders. Even one of my white American colleagues before who was born and raised in Taiwan was still looked at and considered a foreigner.

Just look at the facts and never mind that you were not able to get dates with white American girls or got slurred sometimes. You don't think E. Asians in their respective countries ever slur westerners? They may be a lot more passive aggressive about it. But at the end of the day, foreigners in Asia whether they be white or anything else are largely shut out from many critical areas of localizing. They are at best niche players in the system. They are certainly much more restricted by law and attitude than E. Asians are in the USA.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

chanta76 wrote:adventurer,

a white guy or black guy doing manga ? If it's good manga I don't think people care what race it is. Since you know manga the stereotype is that only the Japanese can do manga but there is growing movement in South korea to do manga and I think in China. It's comic books really. With manga I think if it's good it's good. Hip hop or singing is different because you have to sell the face and sometimes the race of the artist.
I am a black manga artist. I know other black and white manga artists. I read their blogs and follow the industry. I can tell you it matters. They won't even look at your shit and just say, "It's not Japanese. It sucks." Korean and Chinese manga, or manhua, on the other hand, is accepted, and gets published and distributed in the west, albeit on a smaller scale than Japanese stuff.

The rest of what you wrote goes back to what I posted earlier. You're talking about Asians kids not being accepted doing black things, versus black guys being accepted doing their own thing. It's not a fair comparison. That's why I said a fair comparison would be to look at Asians doing their thing. Take a look at Korean manga artist Kim Jung Gi. He is treated like a celebrity at conventions.

Your example of Asian kids being called Bruce Lee or Jet Li illustrates my point. I have, in my travels in Asia, been called Akon, T Pain and who knows what other hip hop artist. This is precisely why some random black dude can be treated like a hero for playing hip hop music in Asia, and why an Asian guy, if he really does do good martial arts, will never be out of work in Hollywood.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

I remember an incident in Thailand ..where a white young college age guy was working in Bangkok..giving out flyers to people for a pizza place ..may be he was trying to make few bucks but after some weeks....He was all over Thai news for exploiting local jobs and such and was promptly deported. This was like five years ago but i still remember it because it was so wrong and odd...

White People cannot be in large number's because of the invisible ceiling that white man cannot take up crucial jobs in Asia...If any white guy becomes a lawyer or senator in Asia..then I would agree with you..

There are 1000s of Indian lawyers, 100s of doctors and even few senators in America but a white guy does not even get a first step to do things right in Asia. Asian's started gaining good position when they were in small numbers like 100 years ago and then slowly established themselves all over the place. There were only 100 Indians or so at the start...but the word got around that white people do allow other races to feel like part of society and not ATM machines..so more Indians went to America.

China town started with few Chinese and then grown in large numbers..

Its a question of acceptance...I would really like Rock to run for Mayor of Makati...and Winston for Mayor of Angeles City...Even before they file their papers there is more chance of them being ambushed than reaching the office for nomination...ITS THAT BAD FOR WHITE GUYS IN ASIA.

As soon as he steps into the Critical Zone...All hell breaks loose...Its pretty much guaranteed that no white guy can ever dream of becoming a senator, congressman in Asia but being an Asian..I can dream thatin a white country or my children can..How shameful of me :mrgreen:
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

More or less what Starchild is saying. You had Chinese who immigrated to USA over 100 years ago. But during that time there was the Chinese exclusion act ..it took YEARS for Asians to get a foot hold in USA. Perhaps the last generation ( my generation) had a easier time but there still is racism . It's like me saying we have Obama who is our first black President.

As if that means we don't have black and white racism anymore. In Asia Hong Kong maybe the better example. There are British expats that lived in Hong Kong for generations and from all accounts they are the upper class. Asian countries that were former colony of western countries will look up towards white people. Philippines is good example.

I think we are trying to compare apple to oranges here. In USA there has been history of immigrants where as most Asian countries do not. Because of that there isn't a fair size western (besides Hong Kong which do have white judges and white lawyer ) people population in Asia. My argument is that if the white people population grew in Asia (which it may happen ) they will have a easier time breaking into all industry. There are already international companies which hires western men and women that do work in Asia already but most of the expats are transient.

I mean if Asia was so racist why are many of the posters here living in Asia? By all accounts many of them want to be lifers there. If it's only for women it's pretty empty reason. Here is one thing. There are loads of white guys that got Thai girl and Philippines girls pregnant. Some of these white guys take responsibility and help the kids. From what I understand the kids come out OK and do well..some become actors and singers in those countries.

My argument is it's better to be a white guy in Asia than an asian guy in the western country. If Asia is so racist for the white guys or black guys (black guys will experience more racism ) would it be better to become an Asian guy in Asia? I bet my left nut none of you would want that.
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Post by Will N. Dowd »

Last year I had a chance encounter with a couple of the Girl models at the Mall in Davao. They were both decent looking, but underage I think, maybe 15 or 16. We chatted for a while and they told me the agency owner had allegedly tried to scam his employees and some of the models and so they quit and some had started another agency. I had already heard part of the story from a Girl I was dating that wasn't a model there but was friends with one of the gay agency trainers. I'm used to hearing about scams directed at foreigners, but this was one of the first ones only involving locals lol.

I messaged one of the few over 18 models and she agreed to meet me at the mall for pizza. I had already taken this attractive girl out once in 2016 for lunch on a break from the one of the fashion show practices. I waited almost 2 hours for her before she finally texted me and claimed that she was actually too shy to meet me in public, even though we had done that the year before. I told her she should have told me that 2 hours ago instead of making me wait only to have her flake. A 19 year old fashion show model is apparently lacking self confidence to meet a foreigner at the mall, even if free lunch is included. Unfriend!
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Post by Will N. Dowd »

I'm proud to say I did eventually bang one of the fashion show models. She was under 18 when I met her at the show but I kept in touch with her after wards and met up with her once she was legal over a year later. She was slim and pretty with great skin, teeth, and even beautiful eyebrows. I notice those 3 things are often ugly there. Anyways we met up for food and then went back to my place where I made a subtle move on her and she didn't turn me down and soon after I was licking her nipples and she became very aroused and said she hadn't shaved and was this ok for me? I said of course, I love the hair down there and so soon the jeans and panties came off and we achieve penetration. I went back to Canada soon after but we still chatted for a few years after wards. So the fashion show was worth it because I scored with an 18 year old model even though it was only once lol. She is still in my friends list although she is engaged to some Filipino guy of course. Her fun is over and it's time to get the corrupt government and corrupt catholic church involved in their relationship.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Will N. Dowd wrote:
June 1st, 2023, 8:44 pm
I'm proud to say I did eventually bang one of the fashion show models. She was under 18 when I met her at the show but I kept in touch with her after wards and met up with her once she was legal over a year later. She was slim and pretty with great skin, teeth, and even beautiful eyebrows. I notice those 3 things are often ugly there. Anyways we met up for food and then went back to my place where I made a subtle move on her and she didn't turn me down and soon after I was licking her nipples and she became very aroused and said she hadn't shaved and was this ok for me? I said of course, I love the hair down there and so soon the jeans and panties came off and we achieve penetration. I went back to Canada soon after but we still chatted for a few years after wards. So the fashion show was worth it because I scored with an 18 year old model even though it was only once lol. She is still in my friends list although she is engaged to some Filipino guy of course. Her fun is over and it's time to get the corrupt government and corrupt catholic church involved in their relationship.
Good job! You said her teeth, skin and eyebrows were nice. How about her nose? ;)
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144