Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

36 Freedoms/Benefits in China That America Doesn't Have!

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Winston
Site Admin

Re: 36 Freedoms/Benefits in China That America Doesn't Have!

Post by Winston » November 15th, 2017, 11:13 pm

I just put up our podcast on social freedoms in China up on YouTube. Nice cover image huh? lol

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » December 22nd, 2017, 1:11 am

Check this out. In Ghost's blog post about whether China is freer than America, some commentators below explain why they felt China was freer than America. See below.

http://blog.happierabroad.com/2015/09/i ... 1152352725
Stephen McGreevy
January 4, 2016 at 5:29 PM

I spent 3 weeks in China back in November 2013 - and found the people so much more friendly in many ways than Americans - in some cases, by far.

Even the POLICE cars in Beijing looked far less intimidating that the commandoized-looking militaristic-looking police vehicles in the USA.

Everywhere I went in China I saw signs of booming economy and a resultant buoyancy of the people who think things are becoming better and better there. Upbeat! Certainly not a perfect place, but the total upbeat attitude of Chinese people - especially the YOUTH vastly differs from the truly depressing, soul-less, gang-ridden cynical American social-climate and declining economy (especially rural) in the USA.

Lovely architecture of modern buildings in Beijing, Xian, etc. was so much more "eye candy" than the depressing looking sprawl/crappy architecture and infrastructure of the USA.

California has crumbling jammed freeways - China has gorgeous, new freeways (actually toll-motorways) also jammed, but not crumbling.

The FAR BETTER feeling social-climate in China (while not perfect) made me feel almost uplifted, and actually freer - I felt a lot less uptight in China than in the mean-ole USA.

Chinese people are enjoying much more freedoms now comparatively, as Americans are experiencing a great contraction of their own freedoms due to massive amounts of laws and regulations and a growing fascist police-state rising in the USA along with a generalized "fiscal-slavery" to the Almighty American Dollar.

Things will change as China adopts the same kind of "rat-race-consumerism" so prevelant in the USA (but you don't see the obnoxious gun-heads and red-neck pick-up trucks one sees in the USA and also in copy-cat-Canada.

Truly, I get far worse culture-shock returning back to the USA than when I travel abroad (been to 18 nations since 1996).

God I hope to leave USA in 10 years - I BET China will continue to be even more welcoming to immigrants and entrepenuers while the USA continues its crazy downward-spiral. (Pray America does not take out the entire Planet with its Evil Pentagon WMDs).

In this manner, China rocks and I found the nation incredible, actually!

I really need 10 pages to be specific, but i felt better in china than ever in the USA and I am a native Californian who badly wants out of that state... and nation... God I hope I can say "goodbye and good-riddance" to such a huge American population of sicko-gun-heads and be in a freer and happier nation. I hold great hopes for China! Could China save America from itself? My fears are that (inevitably) that the Massively Evil USA Pentagon-WMD-Fascist center will bomb China someday (as Donald Trump would like...)

Sorry to have to say this, really... God I hope the USA can turn around, but NO hopes there, really! FAB SITE HERE! Thanks Winston!

Steve McGreevy Keeler, Kalifornia, Amerika (and I bet the Chinese military does not town-attack via jet-fighter planes/pilots as is being done here in California desert.
Joe S
July 30, 2016 at 10:31 PM

You make many points which I think are correct. In America many things are over-regulated and the whole police ticket thing is a disgusting scam in my opinion.
Mark Patchell
October 29, 2016 at 2:38 PM

I lived in China for ten years and came back 1st of 2015. I tell everyone I felt more free in communist China than I do in the USA. I came back because of medical issues and I'm miserable. I would be back in China and die there if possible. I was talking to a couple of my friends there last night and told them to never leave China, you'll forever be unhappy. I could tell you everything about China but you did a pretty good job. But it does take a certain kind of person to stay over a year there.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » January 1st, 2018, 10:05 am

Did you guys know that in China, one does not have to replace their identity with their job like you do in the US? And one does not need to view work like a religion or God either. Instead one is allowed to be real about work and live in reality. See our WeChat discussion below.

Ghost:

"Americans especially seem to equate job with identity. Since consumerism replaced community, job also replaced identity. In a consumerist culture your job and money define your identity and worth."

Ethan_sg replied with these profound observations:

"Over here in China many people seem to see their job as a means to an end rather and determinant of their identity - it's a subtle but important difference.

Equating job with identity and replacing community with consumerism is very evident in Singapore too, sadly so.

In China for instance you can see that even the policemen are all pretty laid-back approachable, and come across as just another average everyday kinda guy on the street. In America the cops are bastards, self important, violent, cold and take themselves far too seriously. They are almost inhuman.

Winston and I were at a night club the other day which had a lot of female dancers and pole dancing and we saw that even the security guard and another man on uniform were having a good time smoking and chatting with the girls and taking it easy lol despite technically supposed to being the bouncers of the club. In America bouncers are kinda like cops - self important self - righteous, unapproachable, violent, with a tendency to be "white knights" - discriminate against men and protect women. The atmosphere is so much more tense. Over here even the security guy feels friendly and like someone you could have a drink with at the club. lol

The lack of self importance in the attitudes of the people in China is an indication of how people see themselves as fellow human beings first and foremost, and their jobs merely as a secondary role they have to fulfill in order to make a living. In westernized and modernized countries, people morph into self important automatons behaving as if the only purpose and meaning in their lives is fulfilling their occupational requirements, their "KPIs" ( key performance indicators ) as they like to put it - it's detestable.

Really hate the term KPI, makes me feel like a robot with functions I've been programmed to fulfill."

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » January 4th, 2018, 3:33 pm

My response to a video on YouTube by a white chick criticizing China and its marriage culture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBzu1nGz74o

cbr9927 1 year ago
chinese culture so screwed.

olivia wong 1 year ago
My family are chinese and I can't agree more.

HappierAbroad 1 second ago
what do you mean? chinese culture is still good and strong. they respect traditional family values. and people still respect their parents like in the old days. it's western culture that is screwed, with feminism, teen rebellion, gay rights, tattoos, etc. none of that is good for a strong healthy society and is degenerate. you got everything backwards man. you must be satanic to think that good is evil and evil is good. god help you. listen to our podcast about why china has a lot more freedoms and social freedoms than america in many areas of life. see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyArIFS8WfI

More comments I posted there:

how come in china I see more women than men, yet the western media claims there are too many men and not enough women? very strange. is the US media lying again? check out my photo albums from china. I have thousands of photos taken outside and if you look at them, it seems there are more women than men, at least in the cities. http://happierabroad.shutterfly.com

I hate how Westerners always say "The Chinese eat dogs" as though it were something common in China to eat dogs. That's not true at all. I was in China for a year and never saw anyone eating dogs or any place selling dog meat. I'm sure it exists. But much less than one percent of people in China have eaten dog meat. So it's not like pizzas and burgers are in America. Sheesh. The statement insinuates that most Chinese have eaten dog meat or that it is common in China to eat dog meat. That's a LIE, just like everything in the West and Taiwan is a LIE. Seriously. It's like saying "Americans eat burgers and pizza" which implies that most Americans have eaten burgers and pizza, just like most Chinese have eaten dog meat, which is totally FALSE. Stupid lying western media. To learn the truth visit www.happierabroad.com