Expat advice from an Asian American: Asians are racist!

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Expat advice from an Asian American: Asians are racist!

Post by zboy1 »

Asia can be a wonderful place for traveling and for the woman, but the one thing I rarely see advice given on is about the strident racism in Asia.

First of all, if you're not Asian looking, Asia including India, are extremely homogeneous and racist countries. All I hear from expats in Asia is about how racist Asians are, but of course, they're not wrong. My only retort is that what they did expect? All homogeneous countries tend to lean towards racism and xenophobia, although in Asia, it's less the violent kind of racism, but the more subtle kind of racism, such as being denied entry into clubs, rude stares, back-talking, and Asian woman refusing to date you because you're a foreigner or not Asian looking.

It's the one piece of info I don't see covered that often regarding Asia, although I suspect that has to do with political correctness and not warning to offend anyone, especially Westernized libtard Asians (who love to state how racist White countries are, but won't touch the question about the racism in Asian countries....).

Anyway, I also suggest Blacks/African Americans don't come to Asia unless they have strong appetites in dealing with racism, and have a lot of confidence in themselves, regardless of racism. I think, honestly, many Asians feel inferior to Whites, but love to 'look down' on Black people, which is totally pathetic in my book. It's because of Black people that Asians have the kind of freedoms they do in Western countries, so I'm very embarrassed by the attitudes of some of my brethren towards Blacks in Asia.

That said, not all foreigners will agree with my assessment, which I'm guessing will be people like Yohan (who is very happy in Japan), and maybe even Winston, himself.

All in all, though, I don't think this should discourage people from coming to Asia, although I think some non-Asians will be surprised by the level of racism here. Asians are racist even towards other Asians, and even racist towards 'Westernized' Asians in some ways, such as commenting on how poor some American Born Chinese speak Chinese, therefore aren't 'real' Chinese, or how Koreans get upset if an overseas Korean doesn't act 'Korean,' which is total nonsense in my book, but happens sometimes.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Re: Expat advice from an Asian American: Asians are racist!

Post by Kradmelder »

You cannot blame asians for behaving this way when it is done to them in other countries. It is not even tit for tat as it is a natural reaction to strange things. Even babies scream when held by a face not of their race. It is as natural for asians to react like this as any other race.

I agree PC prevents it being discussed, as only white racism is PC to discuss.

Asians have good reason to be racist today. Whites now are not the whites of a generation or 2 ago. They bring this libtard PC degeneracy that asians should rightly reject. Why would they welcome cancer? They have taken American junk food and suffered the obesity of this cancer. Why let in more?

I don't agree with you regarding blacks. Blacks and jews are 2 groups asians should keep out. For different reasons they are worst of the West. Jews for the degeneracy and blacks for the crime and lowering of standards. I can fully understand asians not wanting blacks. Who wants these savages?

Asian racism is not surprising. One Chinese friend I had in post grad studies had no intention of staying in the west and wanted to go back home and get a Chinese wife. I recall he said a woman from soon chow or something like that. It is fine for asians to think this but for a white it is 'racist'.

Racism by any race is fine for me. Understandable and natural. No racism by any race has ever stopped me relating to them, to the shock and horror of liberals who think we would want to kill each other for no reason but colour. No. It has nothing to do with colour. More culture clash and behaviour. Racism is a natural reaction to the fact that we are different, keeping our distances regarding some things like breeding, showing respect and civility when due, and shooting the bastards when they break in to my place and steal my stuff :lol:

If asians are racist, good for them. They have every right to be to protect their way of life. I don't care if they see me as lower than them. What I think of myself is what matters. As long as they bow or nod in greeting and grant me my place in the sun, the same as I greet a lowly black person until he behaves like a kaffir, then I cannot see Asian racism will ever be a problem.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

When I was in South Korea, I think I may have heard an expat English teacher say, "Koreans are racists."

The irony is that such a statement stereotypes a whole nation of people as racists. 'Asians are racists' stereotypes a whole continent of people as racists. Isn't that racist?

Does it matter? There is a lot of racism and 'in-group mentality' in many Asian cultures. I found that Koreans seemed homogenous, like their culture was pretty narrow and not that varied and they had difficulty understanding foreigner's ways of thinking and doing things. Since I left, some of the rural areas have accepted huge numbers of Vietnamese and Filippina brides into their ethnic mix, so this might filter through society and Korea may become a bit looser culture, as oppose to a tight one, where a bit more heterogeneity of cultural practice and belief are experienced and tolerated.

I did not find Indonesia to be the same way. Indonesia is made up of many people-groups with their own food and language. They don't seem to require the same degree of conformity, and seem to have a laid back attitude about people thinking and doing things a bit differently. There may be some 'reverse racism' towards whites and even other Asians, thinking they are high status or rich. I lot of women find it desirable to marry a foreigner, particularly a white man with a 'pointy nose' and white skin. I spent a lot of time in the Jakarta area, which has a lot of intermarriage among the various people-groups of Indonesia. A lot of the Chinese try to stay pure Chinese, but there is a lot of ethnic intermixing and for the most part, that seems to be okay with people there.

I do think Blacks from Africa can face a bit of discrimination, or did back when Nigerian drug and con artist rings were in the news a lot. I had an African friend who had difficulty getting taxis, and I know of another guy who was put to death on what I believed were trumped up drug charges because the police were looking for Nigerians to crack down on when the crimes were in the news. A white expat friend of mine was looking into the case and I sat in on a meeting. Another Nigerian who was sick and about to die even confessed to setting him up. But I know of other Africans who do business in Jakarta and seem to be doing okay.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Kradmelder wrote:You cannot blame asians for behaving this way when it is done to them in other countries. It is not even tit for tat as it is a natural reaction to strange things. Even babies scream when held by a face not of their race. It is as natural for asians to react like this as any other race.

Asians have good reason to be racist today. Whites now are not the whites of a generation or 2 ago. They bring this libtard PC degeneracy that asians should rightly reject. Why would they welcome cancer? They have taken American junk food and suffered the obesity of this cancer. Why let in more?

I don't agree with you regarding blacks. Blacks and jews are 2 groups asians should keep out. For different reasons they are worst of the West. Jews for the degeneracy and blacks for the crime and lowering of standards. I can fully understand asians not wanting blacks. Who wants these savages?

Asian racism is not surprising. One Chinese friend I had in post grad studies had no intention of staying in the west and wanted to go back home and get a Chinese wife. I recall he said a woman from soon chow or something like that. It is fine for asians to think this but for a white it is 'racist'.

Racism by any race is fine for me. Understandable and natural. No racism by any race has ever stopped me relating to them, to the shock and horror of liberals who think we would want to kill each other for no reason but colour. No. It has nothing to do with colour. More culture clash and behaviour. Racism is a natural reaction to the fact that we are different, keeping our distances regarding some things like breeding, showing respect and civility when due, and shooting the bastards when they break in to my place and steal my stuff :lol:

If asians are racist, good for them. They have every right to be to protect their way of life. I don't care if they see me as lower than them. What I think of myself is what matters. As long as they bow or nod in greeting and grant me my place in the sun, the same as I greet a lowly black person until he behaves like a kaffir, then I cannot see Asian racism will ever be a problem.
Totally nailed it..Wow...

...I think Kradmelder is one of the best posters here....This guy is super intelligent and well traveled...I think Winston should interview him in the podcast...
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

I think East Asians living in their countries are in fact much more deeply racist than most of us can imagine, because they think of people in terms of how they fit into their society. If you don’t fit into their society, it follows that you are not a person. No, really, that is how they think. You may not notice this when times are good, just like a stray dog in a happy and prosperous neighborhood might be treated very well. However, when times are bad, you are screwed if you are poor.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Kradmelder wrote:You cannot blame asians for behaving this way when it is done to them in other countries. It is not even tit for tat as it is a natural reaction to strange things. Even babies scream when held by a face not of their race. It is as natural for asians to react like this as any other race.

Nigerians trashing their own embassy in Bangkok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htSDaImsU68

Black Africans confrontation with police in Guangzhou

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_YBLrY4B4I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEdGEt68paY

Nigerian nationals and police in China stand-off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUdLcrqoJB4
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

Nigerians are the worst trash in Africa; only the xhosa come close for being a total write off in terms of any value to humanity.

The only thing that comes close to the arrogance and scamming of a Nigerian is a jew, as people utterly devoid of any morality or decency.

Even the other darkies all over africa despise them. Tell a darkie Nigerians are around and he will erupt in a racist diatribe. 99 pct of them seem to be utter thieves, corrupt, scammers drug dealers etc. Tell him a xhosa is around he will lock up his stuff and start carrying on about this vermin.

Unfortunately for you yanks most of your niggers are of Nigerian origin, hence how absolutely vile they are. I guess the other African darkies wanted to sell this humanoid garbage to the slave dealers to get rid of them. Even African darkies going to America can't stand your niggers. I'm sure even decent American blacks can't stand niggers. Bill Crosby Springs to mind.

Same here. decent blacks despise kaffirs as much as the most racist white man
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Kradmelder wrote:Nigerians are the worst trash in Africa; only the xhosa come close for being a total write off in terms of any value to humanity.

The only thing that comes close to the arrogance and scamming of a Nigerian is a jew, as people utterly devoid of any morality or decency.

Even the other darkies all over africa despise them. Tell a darkie Nigerians are around and he will erupt in a racist diatribe. 99 pct of them seem to be utter thieves, corrupt, scammers drug dealers etc. Tell him a xhosa is around he will lock up his stuff and start carrying on about this vermin.

Unfortunately for you yanks most of your niggers are of Nigerian origin, hence how absolutely vile they are. I guess the other African darkies wanted to sell this humanoid garbage to the slave dealers to get rid of them. Even African darkies going to America can't stand your niggers. I'm sure even decent American blacks can't stand niggers. Bill Crosby Springs to mind.

Same here. decent blacks despise kaffirs as much as the most racist white man
Are the Zulus a lot better as a group and generally better as individuals in your opinion than Xhosa people? Are you able to understand and speak Zulu?

BTW, I believe the overwhelming majority of African Americans have ancestry which can be traced back to West and Central Africa but not necessarily Nigeria - could also be major tribes from Ghana, Senegal, Cameroon, Angola etc.

What do you think of people from the main tribes in Ghana and Ivory Coast?
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

The zulu are certainly a cut above the thieving xhosa. The zulu always wiped out the xhosa and most factional fighting was zulu against more numerous xhosa. Mandela was xhosa trash. But now Zuma is corrupt and zulu. The zulu have a warrior culture. The xhosa were cattle thieves and are now just thieves.

Ja the slave trade to usa was west African based and based on those tribal groups.the coast from Gambia down to Cameroon. Angolan being Portuguese most likely went to Brazil.

I worked in ghana and they are not criminalistic like Nigerians. They look fit but are actually weak. Like they would tire and I would say walk or I will leave you here and they are terrified of being left in the bush. Or tell them to pick up something that is no problem for a white man, but they can't. At first I thought they are lazy farkers and I would curse them and tell them my grandmother can do this. But they really can't. It is the diet. Lack of protein I think.they look muscular but no strength behind it. A middle age white man easily outlasts them.

I m from an area mostly xhosa. Didn't need to learn it. My kids speak sotho as they get it in school now. Back then we didn't mix. You just spoke to blacks in english or afrikaans.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Kradmelder wrote:The zulu are certainly a cut above the thieving xhosa. The zulu always wiped out the xhosa and most factional fighting was zulu against more numerous xhosa. Mandela was xhosa trash. But now Zuma is corrupt and zulu. The zulu have a warrior culture. The xhosa were cattle thieves and are now just thieves.

Ja the slave trade to usa was west African based and based on those tribal groups.the coast from Gambia down to Cameroon. Angolan being Portuguese most likely went to Brazil.

I worked in ghana and they are not criminalistic like Nigerians. They look fit but are actually weak. Like they would tire and I would say walk or I will leave you here and they are terrified of being left in the bush. Or tell them to pick up something that is no problem for a white man, but they can't. At first I thought they are lazy farkers and I would curse them and tell them my grandmother can do this. But they really can't. It is the diet. Lack of protein I think.they look muscular but no strength behind it. A middle age white man easily outlasts them.

I m from an area mostly xhosa. Didn't need to learn it. My kids speak sotho as they get it in school now. Back then we didn't mix. You just spoke to blacks in english or afrikaans.
Man you got me so curious about Africa now. I just got my Yellow Fever vaccination (last was over 10 years ago) and will apply Ghana visa tomorrow. If all goes as planned, I intend to be in Accra by end of January 2017 and spend a month there. I may do a side trip to Ivory Coast by land.

May I do a podcast with you sometime in near future over Skype or phone? Africa has almost no coverage on the forum and I'd like to change that because it's a fascinating continent IMO. If you wanna hear some of the ones I've done before, you can listen to the one Winston and I did in Bangkok. Since I am a lot more interested than Winston is in Africa, I'd probably be more suitable to do the podcast with you than he is.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

I don't do Skype. I posted lots of pics of Ghana. I can upload more.get out of Accra. It is a shit hole. I worked in ghana over large areas and explored. Old churches and burial sites of ship wrecked sailors etc.it is the only part of West Africa I worked in.

Africa you either hate due to the darkies and their filth, laziness and thievery, or you love it and it is in your blood. I could never live in a western country. I am too African. I will live like a free white man and die free with the African sun on my face and be buried in its blood red soil. I won't die in some flat in a cold grey place full of rules and regs.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

One more question about Nigerians. I noticed the same thing you mentioned when I visited Kenya and Cameroon - the locals warned that the Nigerians were in general bad news and the source of many criminal problems. But, when Nigerians are discussed in Africa, which of the 3 main tribes (2 Christian and 1 Muslim) are the ones doing most of the dirty work in other countries? Or is it a combo of all three?

I must admit that from the photos I've seen, Nigeria probably has a higher number of super hot black women than most if not all the other sub-saharan African countries. Would you agree with this?
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

Rock wrote:One more question about Nigerians. I noticed the same thing you mentioned when I visited Kenya and Cameroon - the locals warned that the Nigerians were in general bad news and the source of many criminal problems. But, when Nigerians are discussed in Africa, which of the 3 main tribes (2 Christian and 1 Muslim) are the ones doing most of the dirty work in other countries? Or is it a combo of all three?

I must admit that from the photos I've seen, Nigeria probably has a higher number of super hot black women than most if not all the other sub-saharan African countries. Would you agree with this?
I think they are all bad, but probably the muslims are less thieving. But then you get the Boko Haram terror crowd in northern muslim nigeria.

There is no such thing as a hot black woman to me. I may just as well pomp a baboon. I would prefer to use my hand. At least it is white.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Rock wrote:Man you got me so curious about Africa now. I just got my Yellow Fever vaccination (last was over 10 years ago) and will apply Ghana visa tomorrow. If all goes as planned, I intend to be in Accra by end of January 2017 and spend a month there. I may do a side trip to Ivory Coast by land.
I suggest you go the opposite direction and try Togo instead of Ivory Coast. I have heard very good things about Togo. Both are Francophone former French colonies, so knowing basic French would be very useful. Whereas Ghana is Anglophone (plus the native languages, of course, in all cases).

All the problems with Ebola, civil war, etc, seem to occur west of Ghana or else Nigeria and further east into central Africa. Never hear about problems in Togo or Benin, but Togo is the better of the two since Benin separates it from Nigeria.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Rock wrote:One more question about Nigerians. I noticed the same thing you mentioned when I visited Kenya and Cameroon - the locals warned that the Nigerians were in general bad news and the source of many criminal problems. But, when Nigerians are discussed in Africa, which of the 3 main tribes (2 Christian and 1 Muslim) are the ones doing most of the dirty work in other countries? Or is it a combo of all three?
The only reason why you might get this impression is maybe because Nigeria has a huge population, therefore also a high percentage of Africans you meet are from Nigeria. But otherwise?

About 'super hot black women' from Africa? I never met them. A few - I say it again - only a very few when still very young - were looking a 'little bit nice', but I am not really into black women. Their behavior and educational level is often questionable. Cleanliness is another serious issue. Many black African people are living in the garbage and look like that. Regarding black women, maybe some countries in Latin America have more to offer? Not sure, I don't know.

While I was still active with Africans and Arabs (only former French colonies) - long time ago, but I remember well - don't ask me what all these black and Arab people, but also white people from France and Belgium told me about Nigeria.

Never, not even one time, anybody told me anything nice about this large country and its people.

I heard fairly good comments from others and had a good impression of nice people I met personally from Africa who were from the following countries:
French speaking: Senegal, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Cote d'Ivoire, Madagascar
English speaking: Ghana, Tanzania, Kenya, Ethiopia

All of them told me only the worst about Nigeria and also about Algeria.
All agreed that small crime with a few gang-members is everywhere in Africa, but in Nigeria this is running on a large scale, with international organized crime syndicates, and absolutely no consideration for millions of people living in slums.

The most impoverished and dirtiest place of all Africa, but not dangerous: Equatorial Guinea
Rip-off, arrogance, but little population, too much into alcohol and very lazy people, but not dangerous: Gabon

No African person I ever had any personal contact had any experience with Southern African countries, including myself, so I cannot comment about South Africa, Botswana, Namibia etc.

Kradmelder - please correct me if I said anything wrong in this comment.