Millions of Chinese men will stay single?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Millions of Chinese men will stay single?

Post by chanta76 »

http://www.bbc.com/capital/story/201702 ... ing-single

Took a look at this article.I also read somewhere that for Asian American men about 20% will never married. For those in China is it that bad or the media just jacking it u?
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Millions of CHinese men will stay single?

Post by MrMan »

chanta76 wrote:http://www.bbc.com/capital/story/201702 ... ing-single

Took a look at this article.I also read somewhere that for Asian American men about 20% will never married. For those in China is it that bad or the media just jacking it u?

In China, a single man could hang out in the park where the potential mother-in-laws read the ads and try to peddle himself that way.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

China isn't as bad as the Western media likes to portray. Yes, rural men will have great difficulty finding a wife, but if you're a normal, decent looking Chinese man, it's not hard to find a girlfriend. I should know, since I'm in China and have seen some of the ugliest men you've ever seen with pretty attractive girlfriend's or wives.

Ask Winston. He's taken many pictures of homely, short men with pretty girls, so I'm not sure the dating situation is as dire as the media likes to paint it.

The problem arises in the richest cities in China, such as Beijing or Shanghai, where gold diggers are plentiful, and manginas abound. In the wealthiest Chinese cities, Chinese females get a too high inflated view of themselves, thus resulting in men being excluded in the dating scene. Go outside the big cities to find a good Chinese gf.
D_Athlete
Freshman Poster

Post by D_Athlete »

zboy1 wrote:China isn't as bad as the Western media likes to portray. Yes, rural men will have great difficulty finding a wife, but if you're a normal, decent looking Chinese man, it's not hard to find a girlfriend. I should know, since I'm in China and have seen some of the ugliest men you've ever seen with pretty attractive girlfriend's or wives.

Ask Winston. He's taken many pictures of homely, short men with pretty girls, so I'm not sure the dating situation is as dire as the media likes to paint it.

The problem arises in the richest cities in China, such as Beijing or Shanghai, where gold diggers are plentiful, and manginas abound. In the wealthiest Chinese cities, Chinese females get a too high inflated view of themselves, thus resulting in men being excluded in the dating scene. Go outside the big cities to find a good Chinese gf.
Those ugly and homely guys with the hot young model Fan Bingbing type Chinese girls are the new noveau riche Chinese who obtained their money via nefarious ways. They give the girls anywhere between $5000-$10,000 usd or more a month to be their 'girlfriends'. The poor rural farmers will never have this kind of lifestyle, but as the middle class rises you're going to see more Chinese girls preferring Chinese guys, and more average Chinese guys with cute girlfriends, who even 5 years ago would never be able to get a girlfriend.

I remember your thread about Shenzhen and white guys everywhere with Chinese girls a few years ago. I bet you hardly see whites with Chinese girls these days, huh? Whenever you see a white guy in China now, they are usually alone or with pretty ugly or subpar girls.
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

The Western media likes to make China look as bad as they possibly can portray it. They exaggerate things or lie outright. Now I'm not saying China doesn't have its issues as it is increasing being torn down by consumerism and globalism, but as a whole it's still standard deviations above the West and its developed Asian counterparts.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!