I would have never thought...

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Re: I would have never thought...

Post by Kradmelder »

gsjackson wrote:Keep plugging away. You're on the right path. As Ralph Waldo Emerson put it: "Put God in your debt." Or Dame Fortuna. Or whomever you think keeps the books.
As long as he doesn't keep plugging away at morenas, or anything else that just crawled out of a rice paddy or go go bar. It may be a cheap quickie but has a long term cost :lol:

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: I would have never thought...

Post by publicduende »

davewe wrote:
publicduende wrote:
2. I am NOT looking for elite girls, Dave. I am NOT even looking for middle class girls. I am looking for ANY girl who I am at least reasonably attracted to AND (emphasis on the conjunction) believes her life goes beyond hooking up to a foreign man and sucking up his life support. The latter requirement "kind of" implies that she needs to have 1) a decent degree and 2) some awareness of what to do about it. Possibly, as a wild dream bonus, she will have started a job, even just to prove herself and her family that her financial independence is within reach.
My apologies if I have misinterpreted but you seemed to tell me in one of your other threads that based on your Filipino friends who discouraged you from dating Malay girls that you were looking for someone from their strata - middle class or better.

If what you are in fact seeking is an ordinary but educated girl with a decent job bordering on financial independence - well that is certainly a reasonable and attainable goal.
No need to apologise...I just wanted to straighten up a misunderstanding.

So yes, my (upper class) friends advised me not to pick my dates from the rock bottom of Filipino society, which is something they themselves would never do. What they ignored (and probably still ignore) is that, for an adult foreigner like me, to access even modestly middle class families is very, very difficult. It's like me advising them to find a job in London, knowing that even the wealthiest of them would have trouble getting as much as a tourist visa to the UK.