Get Permanent Visa Phillipines W/O Marriage 2017 ??

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
TimmyTommy
Freshman Poster

Get Permanent Visa Phillipines W/O Marriage 2017 ??

Post by TimmyTommy »

Hi all ! :) 8)

Is it possible to get a permanent resident visa in the phillipines if you are under 35? Without Marriage. I would like to buy an apartment there.

I read some that you can put some money in the bank and then pay an agent like 5.000 usd to get permanent visa ?
I am 30, is it possible to invest money and then get it ?

thankful for any help

ps: i live in Sweden.
*You have seen my downfall; Now watch my rising*
davewe
Experienced Poster

Re: Get Permanent Visa Phillipines W/O Marriage 2017 ??

Post by davewe »

TimmyTommy wrote:Hi all ! :) 8)

Is it possible to get a permanent resident visa in the phillipines if you are under 35? Without Marriage. I would like to buy an apartment there.

I read some that you can put some money in the bank and then pay an agent like 5.000 usd to get permanent visa ?

thankful for any help

The Visa you are referring to is the SRRV but I believe that the minimum age to qualify is 35.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

The Philippines also grants immigrant (quota) visas ( 50 per nationality per year). Some guys have gotten it. You will need a lawyer for that. Last time I checked, it cost $3-9K. Yes, such a wide range. Now, with Duterte, dunno what the deal is.

As far as investment goes, I think you will need more money if under a certain age. Maybe 50-75K put into the bank?

But now, there is a six month tourist visa for some $300 or so. Then you can keep renewing and theoretically you can stay up to three years on tourist visas provided you renew. But things get complicated. Some immigration officers are not happy about you staying on just extensions. Also, after two months you need to get an Alien card, and if you stay beyond 6 months, you need to get a clearance ( basically, an exit visa) to leave. I hate the idea of an exit visa.

I found that with tourist visas, it is better to leave every six months and go to Hong Kong for a day or two and come back.

I suggest you join some Philippine FB groups such as Foreigners in Cebu, Expats on a Budget and ask there about permanent visas. Things change all the time.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
TimmyTommy
Freshman Poster

Post by TimmyTommy »

Thx for answering guys.

I know about SRRV visa but i am under 35.

i guess there is nothing to do.

I ve been to the phillipines some and i can agree the immigration officers do not like foreigners and will f**k you over at any chance they get.

thx.
TimmyTommy
Freshman Poster

Post by TimmyTommy »

davewe wrote:
TimmyTommy wrote:Hi all ! :) 8)

thankful for any help

The Visa you are referring to is the SRRV but I believe that the minimum age to qualify is 35.
Yeah, that is my problem i know about that, but im not 35.
TimmyTommy
Freshman Poster

Post by TimmyTommy »

ladislav wrote:The Philippines also grants immigrant (quota) visas ( 50 per nationality per year). Some guys have gotten it. You will need a lawyer for that. Last time I checked, it cost $3-9K. Yes, such a wide range. Now, with Duterte, dunno what the deal is.

As far as investment goes, I think you will need more money if under a certain age. Maybe 50-75K put into the bank?

But now, there is a six month tourist visa for some $300 or so. Then you can keep renewing and theoretically you can stay up to three years on tourist visas provided you renew. But things get complicated. Some immigration officers are not happy about you staying on just extensions. Also, after two months you need to get an Alien card, and if you stay beyond 6 months, you need to get a clearance ( basically, an exit visa) to leave. I hate the idea of an exit visa.

I found that with tourist visas, it is better to leave every six months and go to Hong Kong for a day or two and come back.

I suggest you join some Philippine FB groups such as Foreigners in Cebu, Expats on a Budget and ask there about permanent visas. Things change all the time.
Too bad i dont use facebook i rather drink bleach :D. I have dealt some with the immigration officers in the phillipines and most are neutral to outright hostile to foreigners.

I will keep looking i wished i could just buy an apartment for a couple of million pesos and then get permanent visa stay. They really dont like foreigners there even though they need money and investment.

rip all my dreams...

tom.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

There is SVEG visa for employment but you need to employ 10 filipinos.

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/visa-requ ... generation

or you can invest 75 k USD in Philippines and get a permanent visa

http://philippinevisalawyer.com/?q=spec ... -visa-sirv

or you can try Thailand..

There is a company called iglu

https://iglu.net/

These guys are from Scandinavia

If you can show 2000 USD /month income and get a 1 year contract...They will grant you a work visa for you..You will be on their payroll ..they will pay your taxes, health insurance etc...The cost is 30% of your invoice or 600 USD.

This is kinda fastest and easiest hassle proof way to get residency in Thailand...its expensive but you don't have to deal with BS in South East Asia...You can live for ever in Thailand showing as working for iglu
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

ladislav wrote:The Philippines also grants immigrant (quota) visas ( 50 per nationality per year). Some guys have gotten it. You will need a lawyer for that. Last time I checked, it cost $3-9K. Yes, such a wide range. Now, with Duterte, dunno what the deal is.
For quota visa ..you need to show 50,000 USD income or deposit

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/images/FO ... 1.1pdf.pdf

Bank certification of inward remittance amounting to at least US $50,000.00 or equivalent in other foreign currency;
Documents evidencing ownership / purchase of a condominium [condominium unit(s)
filing the Quota Immigrant Visa may be considered] with a corresponding proof that the amount he/she invested came or was
inwardly remitted from foreign sources;
Documents showing ownership of or investment in an existing corporation, enterprise or business concern
other equivalent proof of ownership in a corporation or business concern acquired within four (4) years prior of fi
may be considered] with a corresponding proof that the amount he/she invested came or was inwardly remitted
tamp issued by the Bureau of Quarantine appearing in applicant’s passport or travel document,
government health institution that the applicant is physically and mentally fit;
Valid National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance, if application is filed six (6) months or more from the date of first arrival in the
TimmyTommy
Freshman Poster

Post by TimmyTommy »

Thank you StarChild5 i will investigate. I prefer just buying an condo or invest 50-75k which i have.

ty
Tony
Freshman Poster

Post by Tony »

I have come to the conclusion that the SRRV is a con job.
i purchased a condo unit many months ago and then decided to apply for the SRRV - only to be told that I STILL needed to dep the 20KUSD.
Proving that you are already investing in the country by purchasing a condo, having a local bank acc and basically living here with all its accompanied expenses is not good enough to prove you want to invest in the country. I was under the impression ( from the web site and from what I was told by the people at PRA) I could use my existing condo purchase as part of the 20K deposit, apparently i was very very wrong.
The real story ( which you wont find on their web site anywhere) is, EVERYONE has to deposit 20K or 50K ( the exact amount depends on yr circumstances) .
Once the money has been deposited it ceases to be your money.
If you want to use the money you deposited ( YOUR money) to help pay for a condo you have to apply to them for permission to use YOUR money and basically you are borrowing YOUR OWN money. Once you've been given permission to make the purchase using the deposit, the PRA keep the title of ownership and add a clause saying you cannot sell it unless you have their permission.
Basically YOUR condo which you purchased with YOUR money is controlled by the PRA- and remains this way until either you drop dead or you give up the visa. And having already purchased a condo and invested here means nothing unless you give them control over 20KUSD of YOUR money as well - which is why its a con job.
They aren't interested in having good people retire and invest here ( otherwise they would be able to accept the fact that Im already doing that and have been for some time) all they want is a rich foreigners to give them large amounts of money which they will put into a consolidated fund somewhere to make use of it when and when they want and where rich foreign suckers lose control over large sums of money that they have deposited.
So my conclusion is that its a con simply because its not about encouraging people to retire here and invest in the country , its about a money grab pure and simple.