Has anyone considered North Korea?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Has anyone considered North Korea?

Post by MrMan »

MatureDJ wrote:It seems that the women there are well-behaved and probably would look upon a white man as something very special. Of course, dealing with the hassles of life there could be monumental.
Well-behaved? They are taught to worship the emperor. I hear if they go in the military, the pretty ones are inclined to have been raped. It sounds like a truly messed up culture. It would be hard enough to deal with a woman from free South Korean culture because of how different the culture is. There is no telling how hard it would be to deal with a North Korean woman. There probably aren't many non-North Korean men out there who have experience who could tell you.

For US citizens, you'd have to jump through some legal hoops to get there legally. I don't know if they'd let foreigners marry their women and live there, either.

Apparently, North Koreans and South Koreans yell at each over the DMZ through microphones. When I was in Korea, one of the Korean men who had been in the military (like most of them) said he was stationed up near the DMZ and the North Koreans said, "Come over here and join us brothers. We ate meat today." The South Koreans yelled back, "We eat meat every day."

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Winston wrote:Yohan,
Do you have any idea why so many Koreans are in the Philippines?
You could ask the same about the Japanese, quite similar situation.

It depends about what Koreans are doing in Philippines - some are coming to Philippines for vacation to resort hotels, others for business, others looking for a foreign wife (South Korea is foreign bride importer no.1 in all Asia), some are sex-tourists, some others are criminals, mostly related to prostitution, guns and drugs.

Why are they so many? Of course both, South Korea and Japan are very rich countries compared to Philippines and Philippines is not far away from both of them with daily cheap flight connection, easy entry without visa...the ideal destination.

Another reason which plays a major role is the cold winter in South Korea, Japan is a bit better off.

For South Koreans who have little vacation, Philippine is a quick jump over to tropical climate, only 3 hours or so away...
For sure any vacation in South Korea or Japan are more expensive than in Philippines even if you add the costs for the airticket.

South Koreans are over 50 million people now, Japan around 127 million - it is easy to fill up an airplane - Cebu-Pacific and Philippine Airlines have good bookings, there are also Filipino contract workers, flying to the opposite direction all the time.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

MrMan wrote: Well-behaved? They are taught to worship the emporer. I hear if they go in the military, the pretty ones are inclined to have been raped. It sounds like a truly messed up culture. It would be hard enough to deal with a woman from free South Korean culture because of how different the culture is. There is no telling how hard it would be to deal with a North Korean woman. There probably aren't many non-North Koran men out there who have experience who could tell you.

For US citizens, you'd have to jump through some legal hoops to get there legally. I don't know if they'd let foreigners marry their women and live there, either.
There is no way to date and marry a North Korean woman in North Korea. This can be done only outside of North Korea.

There are North Korean people living in Japan or Germany, fairly large communities.
There are many North Korean overseas workers in Russia and other countries, doing anything from construction to restaurant services.

There is also the border city of Dandong to meet North Koreans - but now economy is not nice there. The Chinese government wants all of them to be gone. Dandong is known for many North Korean living and trading there.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-nort ... SKCN1C70PC

-----

Further, there are also North Koreans in South Korea who made it over the border.
However even South Koreans have a lot of problems to deal with these people who have no idea about the world outside of NK.
They know nothing, even not how to pay for a bus ticket or how to use an ATM. Others are known not even to be grateful, expecting the South Korean government will give them a job, housing, food, medical care and so on all for free, they are not accustomed to apply for jobs and to work for a salary.
Language education is also a big problem, they do not understand about 30 to 40 percent of the language now spoken in South Korea.

Re-education in South Korea takes at least 3 to 6 months to be sure, the newcomer is not a spy and is willing to integrate.
South Korea is basically a foreign country for these North Korean people, they have to learn everything from the very beginning on.
Some do it, and they will change to another name and 'disappear' within the Koreans. However others are unwilling, even ending up in criminality.

Many South Koreans are totally against any unification, it might almost bankrupt South Korea in case of open borders. There are more than 25 million North Koreans vs. 50 million South Koreans, about 1:2. Opening to North Korean if ever can be only done in a one-way. Foreigners into North Korea but not in the opposite direction.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

MrMan wrote:
Do you have any idea why so many Koreans are in the Philippines? When i ask them they either feign ignorance or dont know. Wtf? How can Koreans there not know why Koreans are there? Seems odd. Doesn't make sense. Are they all hiding some secret they'd rather not talk about? Were they kicked out of Korea? Are they fleeing persecution? Any idea?
Maybe the Koreans don't all know all the other Koreans and don't know why other people showed up. You could ask, "Why did you come to the Filippines'?

If you are hanging out with sex tourists, they might not tell you the real reason.
If i ask them, they will give me some BS like they came to study English cheaply. Etc. Makes no sense. You wouldn't go to Philippines just to study English.

I'm not talking about sex tourists. There are many korean communities in the Philippines, and that includes women of all ages, even young ones. Why would young NE asian girls want to be there? It has nothing to offer them and females especially dislike low quality countries.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Yohan wrote:
Do you have any idea why so many Koreans are in the Philippines?
You could ask the same about the Japanese, quite similar situation.

It depends about what Koreans are doing in Philippines - some are coming to Philippines for vacation to resort hotels, others for business, others looking for a foreign wife (South Korea is foreign bride importer no.1 in all Asia), some are sex-tourists, some others are criminals, mostly related to prostitution, guns and drugs.

Why are they so many? Of course both, South Korea and Japan are very rich countries compared to Philippines and Philippines is not far away from both of them with daily cheap flight connection, easy entry without visa...the ideal destination.

Another reason which plays a major role is the cold winter in South Korea, Japan is a bit better off.

For South Koreans who have little vacation, Philippine is a quick jump over to tropical climate, only 3 hours or so away...
For sure any vacation in South Korea or Japan are more expensive than in Philippines even if you add the costs for the airticket.

South Koreans are over 50 million people now, Japan around 127 million - it is easy to fill up an airplane - Cebu-Pacific and Philippine Airlines have good bookings, there are also Filipino contract workers, flying to the opposite direction all the time.
Thats not true. There are only a few Japanese in the Philippines. They are mostly sex tourists or business men. There are not huge Japanese communities there. I guess you havent been to Philippines. Otherwise you wouldnt say that. In contrast there are large korean communities there and you see koreans everywhere.

If its because of low cost only then why dont you see people from Taiwan or Hong Kong in the Philippines? You do occasionally but not often. Taiwanese look down on Philippines and if they go there, its to a beach destination like Boracay. And they go in groups and couples. They don't go there as sex tourists.

You see what I mean?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Winston wrote: If i ask them, they will give me some BS like they came to study English cheaply. Etc. Makes no sense. You wouldn't go to Philippines just to study English.
I'm not talking about sex tourists. There are many korean communities in the Philippines, and that includes women of all ages, even young ones. Why would young NE asian girls want to be there? It has nothing to offer them and females especially dislike low quality countries.
This is not really true. Not all in Philippines is 'low quality'.
Young women and men from Japan and South Korea are often working in foreign bank offices, construction offices, airlines and shipping companies etc in Manila.

Construction is often under the control of South Koreans in the Philippines with the help of South Korean banking for investment.
Huge money so far was provided by South Korea for the Philippines.
For example:
http://opinion.inquirer.net/46785/lim-f ... -in-manila
There is an offer from a Korean consortium to build a $4-billion financial center in Manila’s Port Area, with a 63-story tower, the tallest in the Philippines. While still under construction, which is expected to take four to five years, it will need thousands of construction workers, thus easing the unemployment crisis. When finished, it will need 150,000 more employees in its various offices.
-----
....that the Korean consortium is offering to construct with its own money. No loans from Philippine banks. The consortium is even offering to deposit in advance the $4-billion investment in Philippine banks because the interest rates being paid by banks in Korea are very low.
About to study English: To study in South Korea for any higher education is horribly expensive, same as here in Japan.

On the other side, there are many Filipinos who like the idea to learn Korean or Japanese, there are various language schools managed by Koreans. There are also young Koreans who don't care if the English teacher is a Filipino. - Both, Koreans and Japanese are not good in foreign languages, however Koreans are doing much better about pronunciation of foreign languages than Japanese students.

Also Philippines has a lot of Korean restaurants, about Korean families there are Int'l schools for Korean children, not only in Manila, also in Cebu.

Further not to forget to mention, religion plays also a certain role. Philippines is no. 1 for Christianity in Asia, especially for Catholics. South Korea is the no.2 Asian country for Catholicism, half of the South Koreans are Christians.
Mercury
Junior Poster

Post by Mercury »

Are you kidding me!!!?? North Korea is a supermax prison country! If you think the USA feels like a prison, North Korea is a REAL prison! North Korea is one of the few countries on Earth that are less free than the USA. For example, simply saying that Kim Il-Sung, Kim Jong-Il, and Kim Jong-Un have done a poor job with North Korea's economy and/or have done many wrong things will get you publicly executed along with 3 generations of extended family. And they don't do trials in North Korea either; they just arrest you, gather a group of people, sentence you to death, and then they fire on you, all in a matter of hours, sometimes even minutes. Also, people in North Korea are generally forbidden to own cars, bicycles, skateboards; anything with wheels on it. They are forbidden to have knowledge of the outside world. They are forbidden to worship Jesus or anyone/thing other than Kim Il-Sung and Kim Jong-Il who are heavily idolized with god-like status. Leaving North Korea, in their code of law, is practically even as serious a crime as blowing up Kim Il-Sung's palace, burning the bodies of Kim Il-Sung and Kim Jong-Il, and also shooting up/RPG-ing the giant copper statues of Kim Il-Sung and Kim Jong-Il put together!