The truth about being a white guy in Asia

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Boxman
Freshman Poster

Post by Boxman »

Interesting perspective here, with a long-time white guy expat in Asia dispelling the myth that white guys score better in Asia. The basic premise being that white guys are limited to bottom-tier Asian girls due to cultural shaming, language barriers, and other factors. The author maintains that Asian guys get the desirable girls while white guys get the unwanted leftovers. I have to say most of what this guy says has a strong ring of truth to it; it sounds quite logical and reasonable and I just admit, I never see white dudes with hot Asian girls in China or wherever. At least on the internet I pretty much only see these guys with ugly or very, very plain Asian ladies. In many cases the guy is better looking than the girl!

Anyone have a different experience? What's you guys' take on this?

https://nextshark.com/the-truth-about-b ... y-in-asia/

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

chanta76
Experienced Poster

Re: The truth about being a white guy in Asia

Post by chanta76 »

Put an Asian guy in Russia vs a white guy. A white guy would do better in Russia because most white girls prefer white guys. Yes this also applies to black men or arab men etc. Most people still want to be with some one of the same race. This also applies to Asian women. So yes Asian men would do good in asia.

Saying that David Bond did OK in Asia. He dated and slept with girls in Asia. So is he totally loser. No. Did he get the hottest girl ? I guess not. But heck he did OK but I guess his argument was that being does not mean you become an instant God in Asia.

If your white guy this is what you can do . Learn the language. Dress nice and be in shape. It's better to be younger but if your older have some sort of accomplishment. Know the culture that your going into. Have game. And you would do OK in Asia.

In comparison to USA. Asia is still better than USA. But to recap..it's not a gimme if your a white guy. You still have to work for it.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

chanta76 wrote:Put an Asian guy in Russia vs a white guy. A white guy would do better in Russia because most white girls prefer white guys.....
This also applies to Asian women. So yes Asian men would do good in asia.
A wide part of Russia is also located in Asia, however all Russia despite being a huge area, has only about 145 million people.
Distances between cities, especially in the Asian region are considerably far, cities are not so large, winter is freezing cold...

However China alone has more than 1370 million citizens, very dense population in the cities - so I think the chance for a white man in China is not that bad, compared to an Asian man in Russia.

In Asia, depending on the country, there are indeed women willing 'to move on with a white guy from abroad', I am not talking about 'bargirls' - for example to be an orphan in many parts in Asia means not to be a good wife-material for marriage, a single mother is often not welcome, a woman who cannot bear children due to a medical problems will be often rejected by Asian parents and their son - it depends on the individual situation of the girl.
Not all Asian girls have nice parents... some are violent, drugs, alcoholics and so on...
In comparison to USA. Asia is still better than USA.
Also better than Europe, but as you said, many white guys prefer a white woman. This means they are often not interested in international marriage.
Last edited by Yohan on August 15th, 2017, 7:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Boxman wrote:...a long-time white guy expat in Asia dispelling the myth that white guys score better in Asia. The basic premise being that white guys are limited to bottom-tier Asian girls due to cultural shaming, language barriers, and other factors. The author maintains that Asian guys get the desirable girls while white guys get the unwanted leftovers.

Just a few thoughts, I am a white man living in Asia since over 40 years.

it is not possible to give a clear answer about 'a white guy in Asia'.

First of all, there is information missing about the intention of this 'white guy'.
For example, is he looking for a woman to bring her back to his country, or does he want to live in her country?
Is it possible for him to find employment in her country, I am not talking about 'English teacher' but about a regular job with a stable income.
What is his qualification for a possible job somewhere in Asia?

It is also important to clarify about which Asian country are we talking.
Impoverished Bangladesh or financially fairly good off Japan?
Overpopulated South Korea or underpopulated Laos... and so on. Too many open questions.
Asian countries are very different from each other. Religion also plays a significant role.
About which region should we talk?

A white man with an unwanted leftover Asian girl?
Might happen indeed, almost in every Asian country, as the preference for the white man from Europe or Northern America is different from a local Asian man. Some Asian woman who have their own personal problems might see a foreign husband as the ideal escape chance to get away from their families, to get away from their hard but low income job in a rural area, simply said to improve their life and why not?
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Yohan,

The belief that if your just a white guy no matter what type of white guy. You get super easy p***y in asia from the lowest girls to the hottest girls. Saying that watch this link of a chinese guy beating up a chinese girl supposedly because of rejection or something He knocked her unconscious to coma actually but what is the kicker. NOBODY step in to HELP. I don't know if China is really like this but this is wrong. If Chinese guys are like this. I can completely understand why Chinese women would want a foreign men.

http://www.crazyshit.com/cnt/medias/561 ... ing-a-date
Mike42Night
Freshman Poster

Post by Mike42Night »

Most women especially the more traditional types ( not tainted by western consumerism.) generally prefer their own men and culture over foreigners who barely speak their language or know little of the local culture.
I always thought this was common sense especially to someone from the USA a place most foreign men find dating difficult also It still surprises me the options men in Brazil have compared to the USA.
Age probably plays a factor as well and in many countries younger foreign men looking for serious relationships are at a disadvantage because younger women while viewing the foreign male as a novelity often grow tired of the language barrier and cultural differences knowing the local option is just a swipe away.
In fact many attractive men (8+ looks )and financially well off might actually have to work harder finding the same quality he can date in the USA.
Older women 35+ who are tired of local men probably the most willing deal with the above issues and date longterm or marry a foreign men. While the article refer to these women as undesirable in their own countries often they still a much better option then most US women because they appreciate their foreign husband even more. Unlike US Women whom feel they were forced to settle. Even many of career foreign women tend to be more feminine then their USA counterparts and being from the West you probably have more things in common them anyway with a traditional village girl who doesn't speak a word of English.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Boxman wrote:Interesting perspective here, with a long-time white guy expat in Asia dispelling the myth that white guys score better in Asia. The basic premise being that white guys are limited to bottom-tier Asian girls due to cultural shaming, language barriers, and other factors. The author maintains that Asian guys get the desirable girls while white guys get the unwanted leftovers. I have to say most of what this guy says has a strong ring of truth to it; it sounds quite logical and reasonable and I just admit, I never see white dudes with hot Asian girls in China or wherever. At least on the internet I pretty much only see these guys with ugly or very, very plain Asian ladies. In many cases the guy is better looking than the girl!

That article is idiotic, the guy says how 'not-easy' it is, then proceeds to show off with hotties and how he got hundreds of contacts and slept around so much in every country. He just wrote it for his ego.

Some asian guys with a chip on their shoulder get off on the intended concept, but the truth is that there is something for everyone and there is a LOT of variation as to all the characters and outcomes. I've seen all kinds of combinations.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

droid wrote:
Boxman wrote:Interesting perspective here, with a long-time white guy expat in Asia dispelling the myth that white guys score better in Asia. The basic premise being that white guys are limited to bottom-tier Asian girls due to cultural shaming, language barriers, and other factors. The author maintains that Asian guys get the desirable girls while white guys get the unwanted leftovers. I have to say most of what this guy says has a strong ring of truth to it; it sounds quite logical and reasonable and I just admit, I never see white dudes with hot Asian girls in China or wherever. At least on the internet I pretty much only see these guys with ugly or very, very plain Asian ladies. In many cases the guy is better looking than the girl!

That article is idiotic, the guy says how 'not-easy' it is, then proceeds to show off with hotties and how he got hundreds of contacts and slept around so much in every country. He just wrote it for his ego.
Yeah, the article was contradictory and full of hot air - as any guy who's been to one of the poorer Asian countries would no doubt agree.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

The author maintains that Asian guys get the desirable girls while white guys get the unwanted leftovers.

This has always been a confusing topic for me. What does unwanted leftovers really mean? Leftovers by general populace (bottom 10% in looks)? or Leftovers not chosen by top guys?

Lets be honest theirs a plethora of ugly to average Asian girls getting banged and married everyday that most of us wouldn't touch. Why because most guys and girls are average looking with average social status and average wealth. I just passed in the elevator an Filipino couple that the girl was quite plain that I wouldn't glance twice at on the street. Yet I'm getting the leftovers? bullshit! My girlfriend is decent looking with good job but will never be hit on by Top Level Filipino guys and I'm fine with that. But walking down the street she takes glances from average locals all the time and gets hit on occasionally when I'm not around. She's far from being leftovers or bottom 10%.

The reality is pretty simple:

Top Asian guys get Top Asian girls
Average Asian Guys get Average Asian Girls
Ugly Asian Guys get Ugly Asian Girls*

And this goes for anywhere in the world

*Of course without taking high wealth and high social status into account.

What the author truly means is that he's not getting the Top Elite level girls in terms of looks and social status. Well no duh! He's not a top elite level guy anywhere he goes. But judging from his pictures he's sure not getting leftovers. What's probably happened is that he's tired of railing the good looking but not stunning girls he'd previously would have killed for and makes excuses because he's failed trying to get Japanese car show looking chicks.

I would hope none of us only expect to get elite girls because in reality we are most likely gonna be disappointed. That doesn't mean white guys can't get good looking women in Asia and we are doomed to leftovers.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

^Exactly, spot on the money hammanta. It's refreshing to see some intellectual honesty once in a while.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

chanta76 wrote:Yohan,
The belief that if your just a white guy no matter what type of white guy. You get super easy p***y in asia from the lowest girls to the hottest girls. Saying that watch this link of a chinese guy beating up a chinese girl supposedly because of rejection or something He knocked her unconscious to coma actually but what is the kicker. NOBODY step in to HELP. I don't know if China is really like this but this is wrong. If Chinese guys are like this. I can completely understand why Chinese women would want a foreign men.

http://www.crazyshit.com/cnt/medias/561 ... ing-a-date
The entire story is missing, is there any report about - in Chinese OK too - where, when and under which circumstances this video was taken?

If you think, white men are better, you will change your opinion quickly if you read any Western media, something like Dailymail.
UK has only 65 million people, and EVERY DAY you can read such stories in the news. China has about 1360 million people and of course you have also violent men (but also women) among its population.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... riend.html

Thug behavior is also well-known in USA and nobody says a word about it.

It is well-known that every bad boy has his girls, even waiting for them in front of the prison on release day.
Maybe some women should choose their boyfriends more carefully?

About helping, this is also a questionable thing to do in Western countries, not only in China.
If you play the 'white knight' it happens sometimes that both, the boy and the girl are beating together up that guy who came for her protection as they feel being disturbed. Victims are not always known to be thankful.

BTW, women are often violent too, violent as men. There are not so few women who find it even funny if women are beating up men.
Generally violence is everywhere, not only in China, not only in UK and USA, what about the Islamic world? Just one example...
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

hammanta,

I think the belief that some white guys have is that they have access to all the girls in Asia. And just being white means they should be able to get any one of them. We know that's just not true. Can a white guy or any guy get girls in Asia? Yes of course. But I think for some white guys they have this false belief that its gimme for them. Just show up anywhere in Asia and you will have 40 virgin line up just for you.

At the same time his article he wrote can be contradictory of him with picture of number of Asian girls but this reminds me of an Indian guy I used to know. He would go to clubs take pictures with random attractive white women post on his facebook and brag to his Indian friends but in reality it's just pictures . Kind of like Winston pictures in Russia with lots of Russian girls. Did he sleep or have romantic relationship with them all? No maybe some but who knows really. But I do agree..the article is misleading.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

This topic has been bandied around quite a bit. As a guy who went to Asia to find my current bride, I'll chip in with my two cents. IMHO, maybe 5% of females in Asia are open to dating a guy from the West. That said, some countries like Philippines, Cambodia, Vietnam will be higher while Asian countries up north like Japan and Korea will be lower. Thailand will also be lower side due to any Thai ladies walking hand in hand with a non Thai will be viewed as a working girl until proven otherwise.

Using this as framework, there is a lot of LUCK involved in finding a nice Asian lady. They are out there but you'll have to do some prospecting to find her. What many guys don't realize is said girl will not just jump into your lap upon exiting the airplane.

Guys that succeed are networking! I met my wife online and before we first chatted, I went thru 100s of profiles before I stumbled upon her. So this entire process is HARD WORK. If it isn't hard work, then these guys are settling for the low hanging fruit which never appealed to me. I figured that if I was going to go thru the journey, I wouldn't stop until I was able to meet one of Asia's finest. Hope this puts the topic into perspective a bit...
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

pete98146 wrote:This topic has been bandied around quite a bit. As a guy who went to Asia to find my current bride, I'll chip in with my two cents. IMHO, maybe 5% of females in Asia are open to dating a guy from the West. That said, some countries like Philippines, Cambodia, Vietnam will be higher while Asian countries up north like Japan and Korea will be lower. Thailand will also be lower side due to any Thai ladies walking hand in hand with a non Thai will be viewed as a working girl until proven otherwise.

Using this as framework, there is a lot of LUCK involved in finding a nice Asian lady. They are out there but you'll have to do some prospecting to find her. What many guys don't realize is said girl will not just jump into your lap upon exiting the airplane.

Guys that succeed are networking! I met my wife online and before we first chatted, I went thru 100s of profiles before I stumbled upon her. So this entire process is HARD WORK. If it isn't hard work, then these guys are settling for the low hanging fruit which never appealed to me. I figured that if I was going to go thru the journey, I wouldn't stop until I was able to meet one of Asia's finest. Hope this puts the topic into perspective a bit...
Good post as always, Pete. The one thing to add is that you knew you were looking for a wife - a lifetime partner. Your goal (mine too) was clear and your methodology reflected your goal. Most people on HA and elsewhere (including many foreigners living in the Philippines) don't have that goal.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

pete98146 wrote:

I remember my first time going overseas and dating internationally. There were guys coming to Ukraine who were engaged to their potential wives after one meeting. I remember thinking these guys would spend more time buying a used car than did to find a wife they planned on spending their lives with. No wonder so many of these guys failed. Many of these marriage agencies promote the myth that foreign women are desperate and want to marry Western men. Yes, any woman who is desperate enough to marry you after one meeting would make a horrible wife. In fact I know two Pinays in the USA who divorced their husbands after two years. I asked them why they married their husbands. The answer was the same, "he was the first man who came over and was serious about marriage."