As if it wasn't clear enough (from FilpinoCupid)

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: As if it wasn't clear enough (from FilpinoCupid)

Post by publicduende »

Zambales wrote:
publicduende wrote: To echo your Reader's Digest psychology, doesn't it look like you need somebody whose personality and demeanor won't get in the way of your sense of superiority and self-validation?
What sense of superiority :?? If anyone's guilty of having a superiority complex it's YOU with your constant jibing towards Filipina's who are poor and in your eyes, uneducated.
So we got to the point where telling the truth, that the vast majority of Filipinas, surely the vast majority of those who will be happy to date an adult foreigner, are dumb and with an agenda, means having a sense of superiority? I am just telling things as they are: I was talking to a foreign guy who is helping me with the business. American, he has been in Davao for some 18 years, married to a Filipina. He agreed with me that poverty and lack of education and common sense are a toxic mix that generates the weirdest, often dangerous, actions. He had a long shopping list of horror stories of things that happened within the extended family he married into.

I have never blamed anyone for being poor. I tend to have less (and less) respect for women who have no respect for other people, local and foreign alike, lie and and do stuff without thinking of the consequences.

It is a fact, that the best way to live happy in this country, is to stick to the better educated people, who are usually (and I emphasize "usually") the more graceful and less likely to befriend you for an agenda (the agenda being money).
Zambales wrote:
publicduende wrote: All the more reason why I want to be with a woman of intellectual quality. Real intelligence and grace usually come in a pair: a girl who is smart and graceful knows how to respect her fellow human being, being them a family member of a boyfriend.
So only intellects are capable of respect huh? Before you arrived in the Philippines, where did you reside? In a basement? :lol:
Not only intellectual people are capable of respect, of course. But most girls who swarm around foreigners certainly don't hook up to them out of respect and love. If grown up men like us can't realise it, we really are all modern Peter Pans.
MatureDJ
Junior Poster

Post by MatureDJ »

publicduende wrote:Basically, 2 years on, I have to routinely stop and wonder...business, OK, but apart from that, WTF am I doing here in the Philippines?
I recommend P2P.
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Post by Will N. Dowd »

publicduende wrote: He agreed with me that poverty and lack of education and common sense are a toxic mix that generates the weirdest, often dangerous, actions.
Don't forget the usually bad Filipino diet too.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

MatureDJ wrote:
publicduende wrote:Basically, 2 years on, I have to routinely stop and wonder...business, OK, but apart from that, WTF am I doing here in the Philippines?
I recommend P2P.
Quality P2P in the Philippines is extremely expensive compared to other countries. Getting casual sex from mediocre women is so easy that any girl who is not mediocre and she knows it will try to extract maximum financial benefit. You look at the relevant section on Manila Craiglist, you do find the occasional hot girl who, you think, might be worth the money. You get the pics, who they swear are all genuine, then when you get to the price you realise that the minimum they ask for is 5,000 pesos, when not 10,000 or even more.

The fundamental problem of P2P is that the girl will try her best to show you that she is not interested in you but for a quick cash transaction. Only the hopelessly horny and deluded can convince himself to go with a prosti and be fully satisfied. 10,000 pesos cash (net) is a decent monthly salary over here.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Publicduende,

The problem with p2p in the Philippines and maybe in Thailand the word got out that these countries are easy lay. So all the perverts and gross men are heading there. Now I'm not knocking all expats that are there but a good number over there do abuse the system. It's supply and demand thing. That's probably why the prices and quality is going down me thinks.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

chanta76 wrote:Publicduende,

The problem with p2p in the Philippines and maybe in Thailand the word got out that these countries are easy lay. So all the perverts and gross men are heading there. Now I'm not knocking all expats that are there but a good number over there do abuse the system. It's supply and demand thing. That's probably why the prices and quality is going down me thinks.
Maybe that's the reason. I don't have a clue about Thailand but, as far as the Philippines are concerned, pretty girls of the Instagram generation surely know their worth and, if they do decide to sell their sexual favour in exchange for money, they will want to do it on their terms.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

publicduende wrote:
MatureDJ wrote: I recommend P2P.
Quality P2P in the Philippines is extremely expensive compared to other countries. Getting casual sex from mediocre women is so easy that any girl who is not mediocre and she knows it will try to extract maximum financial benefit. You look at the relevant section on Manila Craiglist, you do find the occasional hot girl who, you think, might be worth the money. You get the pics, who they swear are all genuine, then when you get to the price you realise that the minimum they ask for is 5,000 pesos, when not 10,000 or even more.

The fundamental problem of P2P is that the girl will try her best to show you that she is not interested in you but for a quick cash transaction. Only the hopelessly horny and deluded can convince himself to go with a prosti and be fully satisfied. 10,000 pesos cash (net) is a decent monthly salary over here.
You can thank the Korean and Japanese chumps for this.

I was in Cambodia a couple weeks ago and those women were busted, yet from what I read they still want $50 dollars. Ridiculous.
I'm all for P4P but I won't do it if the women aren't 9 or above, or perhaps even 8 and the price is reasonable compared to local wages. Local men really get screwed by foreigners in this sense.

Here in Saigon the only 'district' for this is in the Japanese quarters, and lo and behold, thanks to koreans, japanese and western chumps, the girls want 100 bucks, which is a monthly salary also. Screw that.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

I heard about that. Why do the other Asians over pay?
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Publicduende, my offer still stands. If you're interested I can get you in touch with the girl that I told you about. She's willing to travel.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Johnny1975 wrote:Publicduende, my offer still stands. If you're interested I can get you in touch with the girl that I told you about. She's willing to travel.
Gracias Johnny, I'll pass on this one. There are some interesting developments with C, the first girl on that infamous post.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

publicduende wrote:
Johnny1975 wrote:Publicduende, my offer still stands. If you're interested I can get you in touch with the girl that I told you about. She's willing to travel.
Gracias Johnny, I'll pass on this one. There are some interesting developments with C, the first girl on that infamous post.
I told you she's just waiting for some man to tell her what to do with her life, not selecting judiciously from a platoon of young Phillippino studs (if that's not an oxymoron). And I think I said it wasn't over. Anyway, keep us posted.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

gsjackson wrote:
publicduende wrote:
I told you she's just waiting for some man to tell her what to do with her life, not selecting judiciously from a platoon of young Phillippino studs (if that's not an oxymoron). And I think I said it wasn't over. Anyway, keep us posted.
I guess fat lady hasn't sung yet. I chose to swallow my pride and give her a chance. She is still shy to hold my hand in public (without a few glasses of red wine) and she's practically a virgin but - put simply - she's the best young woman I have ever met in my life. As we say in Italian, "if it's roses, they will blossom".