Laos: some info?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Laos: some info?

Post by MrMan »

Jonny Law wrote: Relationship with Lao citizens: Lao law prohibits sexual contact between foreign citizens and Lao nationals except when the two parties have been married in accordance with Lao Family Law. Any foreigner who enters into a sexual relationship with a Lao national risks being interrogated, detained, arrested, or fined. Lao police have confiscated passports and imposed fines of up to $5,000 on foreigners who enter into unapproved sexual relationships. The Lao party to the relationship may be jailed without trial. Foreigners are not permitted to invite Lao nationals of the opposite sex to their hotel rooms; police may raid hotel rooms without notice or consent.

http://singlemansparadise.com/vientiane ... on-review/
When I was in high school, I took a law class. The teacher focused a lot on sex crimes. At that time, it was illegal in that state to fornicate to give or receive masturbation for hire, and oral and anal sexual activity were outlawed under the sodomy law in that state. I suspect several states in the US may still have laws like this on the books, with 20 years in prison for fornication or adultery. In some states, the laws may just not be enforced, and in others the state supreme court may have knocked the law down.

I thought it was strange that a late night TV show host announced o TV he'd had an affair. He was married and legally the penalty was 20 years. But the state did not go after him. It went after the guy who was trying to blackmail him, his motivation for going public.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

MrMan wrote:
Jonny Law wrote: Relationship with Lao citizens: Lao law prohibits sexual contact between foreign citizens and Lao nationals except when the two parties have been married in accordance with Lao Family Law. Any foreigner who enters into a sexual relationship with a Lao national risks being interrogated, detained, arrested, or fined. Lao police have confiscated passports and imposed fines of up to $5,000 on foreigners who enter into unapproved sexual relationships. The Lao party to the relationship may be jailed without trial. Foreigners are not permitted to invite Lao nationals of the opposite sex to their hotel rooms; police may raid hotel rooms without notice or consent.

http://singlemansparadise.com/vientiane ... on-review/
When I was in high school, I took a law class. The teacher focused a lot on sex crimes. At that time, it was illegal in that state to fornicate to give or receive masturbation for hire, and oral and anal sexual activity were outlawed under the sodomy law in that state. I suspect several states in the US may still have laws like this on the books, with 20 years in prison for fornication or adultery. In some states, the laws may just not be enforced, and in others the state supreme court may have knocked the law down.

I thought it was strange that a late night TV show host announced o TV he'd had an affair. He was married and legally the penalty was 20 years. But the state did not go after him. It went after the guy who was trying to blackmail him, his motivation for going public.
NEWSFLASH!
YES! The goverment of Laos enforces sex laws! :twisted: Some laws are worth breaking.

You are not a world famous TV star. In Laos you are a target. If you think that the Lao police will protect you from a Lao woman and her family who blackmail you, Good Luck With That :evil:.
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

I've never been there but my adoptive father traveled there for a couple of days back in October. He only stayed in Vientiane. He quite enjoyed it for its peacefulness and slow pace of life. Like Thailand, Buddhism is really influential, but I suspect that the Laotians practice a 'purer' form of Buddhism than the Thais, by which I mean having an actual understanding of Buddhist teachings and integrating them into their lives.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

Bao3niang wrote:I've never been there but my adoptive father traveled there for a couple of days back in October. He only stayed in Vientiane. He quite enjoyed it for its peacefulness and slow pace of life. Like Thailand, Buddhism is really influential, but I suspect that the Laotians practice a 'purer' form of Buddhism than the Thais, by which I mean having an actual understanding of Buddhist teachings and integrating them into their lives.
Laos is cool
:D The women in Laos are nice and approachable. :twisted: But banging them is against Lao Laws.

Meanwhile in Thailand
Buddhism in Thailand- I call BULLSHITISM of Thailand
In Thailand according to their Buddhism being a prostitute is Holy! And having premarital sex is Horrible (unless it is Gay or Lesbian Sex that is cool).
* So a chick will be engaged to a Simp and be a prostitute.
* The man will not have sex with his fiancee and pay $ for all of her bullshit.
* When she is married she will hardly ever have sex with her husband and continue being a whore (both paid or unpaid)