Another Thai love story ending in tears...

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
CannedHam
Freshman Poster

Re: Another Thai love story ending in tears...

Post by CannedHam »

Yohan wrote:
April 4th, 2018, 2:54 am
chanta76 wrote:
April 3rd, 2018, 10:41 pm
Do other asian women scam foreign men too ? I'm curious too know.
I think, different men will answer differently to this question.

My opinion about some Asian countries I know best:

First of all, question back to you:
Why do you say 'foreign man'? - Is there any difference between Western foreign men and local Asian men regarding scamming by some girls?
I think not really, not so much...

It depends more on the upbringing of the girl and her parents.

The only difference I see for a foreign man is about if the foreigner is financially able and wants to live in her country or if he brings the girl back into his Western country.

My experiences and observation so far:

1 -
Japanese women are not known to me to cheat and scam men, regardless if foreigner or local.
Do not expect them to work regularly after marriage however. They often behave stubborn and childish. They prefer to continue to live in Japan.

2 -
Thai women often get the stupid mentality, 'the general way of life in Thailand', that the foreigner should pay for all and everything and also are strongly misusing the missing ability of the foreigner to understand their local language. No money anymore and they go easily away with somebody else. You have to be with her all the time and insist on strict rules regarding her 'pocket money'.

However I know some good Thai women who had a very bad experience with relatives of their own family and are happy to be away from them and prefer to live with a foreign man - but only if the foreign man wants to live in Thailand. If you are retired, you can find such a woman who is often much younger than you are.

I found Thai women to be very clean, taking a lot of showers, and cheap laundries are everywhere.

3 -
In Malaysia, Chinese women expect the man to pay for everything, are complaining all the time, but in general stay with him. Chinese women in Malaysia are often willing to work and to save up money, they are not into wasting money for useless things. Parents are often very controlling over their daughters even after their marriage.

This behavior is changing however drastically, if the Chinese woman sees a chance to live overseas, away from her controlling parents.
Expect the opposite, a shopping spree...

4 -
Ordinary average Philippine women have a stronger character than Thai women, are much easier for English communication, are more willing to move abroad, are willing to do some job, are also willing to meet a foreign man for marriage while working overseas.

However you will also find a lot of trash girls made in Philippines, who are dirty with their body and also dirty-minded.

5 -
Cambodia women are quite different from Thai women. Not the same. They are often looking nice, sometimes good in foreign languages - however expect to invest quite a lot of money if you want to live comfortably in that country, and it is getting boring there, in general this is a poor place, foreign ownership restricted, the government is also not very welcoming to foreign men who consider marriage with a local woman. Nothing known to me however about scamming foreign men in such a large scale as in Thailand.
I agree with most of this (I'm married to a mainland Chinese woman fwiw). I never understood why so many American are so damn crazy for Thai women. You don't get the loyalty of a Japanese woman, the economic hustle of a Chinese woman, the ease of communication/cultural compatibility with a Filipina etc. all of the downsides, little upside
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

canned ham,

I think it's cause Thailand has such a large red light district and in a way accessibility for expat men to live there compared to other countries.

Japan is expensive to live and Japanese women aren't as desperate to find a foreign men . Same can be said with any of the other wealthy Asian countries like Singapore or maybe South Korea.

China is mixed bag where there are pockets where it's not hard for an expat men to live there. Not sure how desperate the average CHinese women are to finding a foreign men.
CannedHam
Freshman Poster

Post by CannedHam »

chanta76 wrote:
April 7th, 2018, 8:34 pm
canned ham,

I think it's cause Thailand has such a large red light district and in a way accessibility for expat men to live there compared to other countries.

Japan is expensive to live and Japanese women aren't as desperate to find a foreign men . Same can be said with any of the other wealthy Asian countries like Singapore or maybe South Korea.

China is mixed bag where there are pockets where it's not hard for an expat men to live there. Not sure how desperate the average CHinese women are to finding a foreign men.
Mainland China is kind of an oddball, but in general, "quality" women are not that desperate to find a foreign man. Sure, older women, single moms, etc. are more open minded (ie desperate), but that's largely true in most countries.

The Chinese economy has really picked up in the last 20 years, so the economic benefits of finding a foreign man have diminished to some extent. There are also a fair amount of cultural differences, and the language issue as well. Many parents (NOT the women themselves) will not condone marriage to a foreigner, which makes it impossible to marry.

I talked to my wife about this issue, and she told me most of her <30 y/o friends/ex-coworkers have no interest in foreign men.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

CannedHam wrote:
April 7th, 2018, 7:17 pm
I agree with most of this (I'm married to a mainland Chinese woman fwiw). I never understood why so many American are so damn crazy for Thai women. You don't get the loyalty of a Japanese woman, the economic hustle of a Chinese woman, the ease of communication/cultural compatibility with a Filipina etc. all of the downsides, little upside
Exactly my thoughts. I have been living in the Philippines for almost 3 years now and never felt the need to visit Thailand. I'm sure I will spend a couple of weeks between Bangkok and Chiang Mai (Pattaya?) at some point (this year?) but

1) it will be with my lovely Filipina gf, in some nice settings so we can maximise the bonding & fun time together, and
2) even if I didn't have a gf, I wouldn't even begin to imagine to flirt with the local girls since, as you say, they have all the downsides of Asian women without any of the benefits.