Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


Another Thai love story ending in tears...

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

User avatar
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3391
Joined: November 30th, 2011, 6:20 pm

Another Thai love story ending in tears...

Post by publicduende » January 29th, 2018, 11:46 am

Another Italian old (61) man chopped up and set on fire by his Thai wife and her younger lover. This is how stable relationships are between older men and Thai ladies.

Image

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/crime/1 ... of-italian

We hear these stories a lot less, in fact almost at all, in the Philippines. Just reinforces my idea that, apart from small time money scams, Filipinas are generally far more benign than their Thai counterparts.

User avatar
xiongmao
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2760
Joined: March 9th, 2011, 6:09 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Another Thai love story ending in tears...

Post by xiongmao » February 1st, 2018, 10:59 am

Oh that's a strange way to go. Farangs usually fall off balconys.
I quit my boring cubicle slave job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Want to teach English overseas? Check out my experiences teaching at a Uni in China.
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then join my free Asian dating site.

OutWest
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2392
Joined: March 19th, 2011, 8:09 am
Location: Asia/USA

Re: Another Thai love story ending in tears...

Post by OutWest » February 1st, 2018, 6:46 pm

publicduende wrote:
January 29th, 2018, 11:46 am
Another Italian old (61) man chopped up and set on fire by his Thai wife and her younger lover. This is how stable relationships are between older men and Thai ladies.

Image

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/crime/1 ... of-italian

We hear these stories a lot less, in fact almost at all, in the Philippines. Just reinforces my idea that, apart from small time money scams, Filipinas are generally far more benign than their Thai counterparts.
You are quite right. When it comes to scamming, Thai women are the champs. I cannot even count how many men I have heard tell tales of horrific life crushing or even deadly scams by Thai women. Filipinas are far less dangerous than Thais.

Jonny Law
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1086
Joined: May 13th, 2014, 9:14 pm

Re: Another Thai love story ending in tears...

Post by Jonny Law » February 1st, 2018, 7:01 pm

ALL THAI WOMEN ARE LIKE THAT!
IN ASIA/ THAILAND CONFORMITY IS KING!

Thai women do not love you!
Thai women only love your money!

MEANWHILE IN THALAND
Thai women love divorce
"In the year 2011 alone there were more than 310,000 marriage registrations and correspondingly, 110,000 applications for divorce.
This statistic represents a 35 percent divorce rate for new marriages and is an increase of about 27 percent over the previous nine year period."

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/divorc ... amily-day/
http://www.divorcethailand.com/relation ... iland.html
Thai women #1 in cheating
http://www.thailandforfarang.com/blog/jealousy/

User avatar
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3391
Joined: November 30th, 2011, 6:20 pm

Re: Another Thai love story ending in tears...

Post by publicduende » February 3rd, 2018, 2:40 pm

If this was yet another money scam, it wouldn't be so tragic. Poor b*stard got killed and cut in pieces. I have never, ever heard anything like this in the Philippines.
Jonny Law wrote:
February 1st, 2018, 7:01 pm
ALL THAI WOMEN ARE LIKE THAT!
IN ASIA/ THAILAND CONFORMITY IS KING!

Thai women do not love you!
Thai women only love your money!

MEANWHILE IN THALAND
Thai women love divorce
"In the year 2011 alone there were more than 310,000 marriage registrations and correspondingly, 110,000 applications for divorce.
This statistic represents a 35 percent divorce rate for new marriages and is an increase of about 27 percent over the previous nine year period."

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/divorc ... amily-day/
http://www.divorcethailand.com/relation ... iland.html
Thai women #1 in cheating
http://www.thailandforfarang.com/blog/jealousy/

User avatar
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3079
Joined: April 3rd, 2014, 6:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN
Contact:

Re: Another Thai love story ending in tears...

Post by Yohan » February 3rd, 2018, 7:31 pm

This story does not make any sense, what this foreigner and this Thai woman did is crazy.

However now living in Thailand with my Japanese wife I can only confirm that many international/interracial marriages between a foreign man and a Thai woman plainly fail.

I know personally the stories of about 25 men, all now retired with good allowances who were badly cheated by their Thai ex-wives.

In some cases the woman just disappeared together with her Thai boyfriend and took as much out of their homes as they could, in a few cases however these greedy Thai ex-wives were even following with the help of lawyers the ex-husband up to Australia and Canada and tried to press out alimony.

To find a trustworthy Thai woman as a foreign man for a long-term relationship is not easy. For some it works, but for many it does not.

Thailand might be nice for vacation and a second home, but I am highly sceptical about any personal relationship with Thai women.

I also agree, for a long-term relationship with a wife, I would look around in Philippines, much better than Thailand.

Thailand is not bad for living, better than Philippines, but stay away from Thai women.

User avatar
kairosan117
Freshman Poster
Posts: 46
Joined: October 24th, 2017, 5:10 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Another Thai love story ending in tears...

Post by kairosan117 » April 4th, 2018, 12:35 am

I'm staying far away from marrying a Thai girl now. They sound exetremely vile..not all of them but if you do marry..do so with discrection.
:?: And here are 4 things Filipina do better than your SWJ Ex http://bit.ly/pinayfunfacts

chanta76
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1846
Joined: February 11th, 2008, 4:56 pm

Re: Another Thai love story ending in tears...

Post by chanta76 » April 4th, 2018, 6:41 am

Do other asian women scam foreign men too ? I'm curious too know.

User avatar
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3079
Joined: April 3rd, 2014, 6:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN
Contact:

Re: Another Thai love story ending in tears...

Post by Yohan » April 4th, 2018, 10:54 am

chanta76 wrote:
April 4th, 2018, 6:41 am
Do other asian women scam foreign men too ? I'm curious too know.
I think, different men will answer differently to this question.

My opinion about some Asian countries I know best:

First of all, question back to you:
Why do you say 'foreign man'? - Is there any difference between Western foreign men and local Asian men regarding scamming by some girls?
I think not really, not so much...

It depends more on the upbringing of the girl and her parents.

The only difference I see for a foreign man is about if the foreigner is financially able and wants to live in her country or if he brings the girl back into his Western country.

My experiences and observation so far:

1 -
Japanese women are not known to me to cheat and scam men, regardless if foreigner or local.
Do not expect them to work regularly after marriage however. They often behave stubborn and childish. They prefer to continue to live in Japan.

2 -
Thai women often get the stupid mentality, 'the general way of life in Thailand', that the foreigner should pay for all and everything and also are strongly misusing the missing ability of the foreigner to understand their local language. No money anymore and they go easily away with somebody else. You have to be with her all the time and insist on strict rules regarding her 'pocket money'.

However I know some good Thai women who had a very bad experience with relatives of their own family and are happy to be away from them and prefer to live with a foreign man - but only if the foreign man wants to live in Thailand. If you are retired, you can find such a woman who is often much younger than you are.

I found Thai women to be very clean, taking a lot of showers, and cheap laundries are everywhere.

3 -
In Malaysia, Chinese women expect the man to pay for everything, are complaining all the time, but in general stay with him. Chinese women in Malaysia are often willing to work and to save up money, they are not into wasting money for useless things. Parents are often very controlling over their daughters even after their marriage.

This behavior is changing however drastically, if the Chinese woman sees a chance to live overseas, away from her controlling parents.
Expect the opposite, a shopping spree...

4 -
Ordinary average Philippine women have a stronger character than Thai women, are much easier for English communication, are more willing to move abroad, are willing to do some job, are also willing to meet a foreign man for marriage while working overseas.

However you will also find a lot of trash girls made in Philippines, who are dirty with their body and also dirty-minded.

5 -
Cambodia women are quite different from Thai women. Not the same. They are often looking nice, sometimes good in foreign languages - however expect to invest quite a lot of money if you want to live comfortably in that country, and it is getting boring there, in general this is a poor place, foreign ownership restricted, the government is also not very welcoming to foreign men who consider marriage with a local woman. Nothing known to me however about scamming foreign men in such a large scale as in Thailand.

User avatar
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3391
Joined: November 30th, 2011, 6:20 pm

Re: Another Thai love story ending in tears...

Post by publicduende » April 6th, 2018, 2:31 am

Very good insight.

Would you agree with me with saying that (SE) Asian women of higher socio-economic status - except maybe the Japanese - would be the least likely to scam a foreign man, yet at the same time they are the most reluctant to hook up with them?

I popped this question to my gf Clara's female friends, all in their mid 20s, all from upper-middle to upper class families, educated at Ateneo de Manila or equivalent top institution, all with great jobs in multinationals...would you choose a foreigner, maybe one 10+ years older than you, for a long term relationship, possibly marriage?

I had 6 no's, and only 1 "maybe". Of the 7 girls I asked only 2 had a bf, obviously Filipino of the same age or a couple of years older.

Looks like I am the only HA member who cares about the motives that lead a SE Asian woman to be with a foreign man. Yet, the idea of being scammed or having "love" from a young woman just as long as I can provide her (and her family) a life sheltered from poverty and pain...nah, doesn't entice me at all.
Yohan wrote:
April 4th, 2018, 10:54 am
My opinion about some Asian countries I know best:

First of all, question back to you:
Why do you say 'foreign man'? - Is there any difference between Western foreign men and local Asian men regarding scamming by some girls?
I think not really, not so much...

It depends more on the upbringing of the girl and her parents.

The only difference I see for a foreign man is about if the foreigner is financially able and wants to live in her country or if he brings the girl back into his Western country.

My experiences and observation so far:

1 -
Japanese women are not known to me to cheat and scam men, regardless if foreigner or local.
Do not expect them to work regularly after marriage however. They often behave stubborn and childish. They prefer to continue to live in Japan.

2 -
Thai women often get the stupid mentality, 'the general way of life in Thailand', that the foreigner should pay for all and everything and also are strongly misusing the missing ability of the foreigner to understand their local language. No money anymore and they go easily away with somebody else. You have to be with her all the time and insist on strict rules regarding her 'pocket money'.

However I know some good Thai women who had a very bad experience with relatives of their own family and are happy to be away from them and prefer to live with a foreign man - but only if the foreign man wants to live in Thailand. If you are retired, you can find such a woman who is often much younger than you are.

I found Thai women to be very clean, taking a lot of showers, and cheap laundries are everywhere.

3 -
In Malaysia, Chinese women expect the man to pay for everything, are complaining all the time, but in general stay with him. Chinese women in Malaysia are often willing to work and to save up money, they are not into wasting money for useless things. Parents are often very controlling over their daughters even after their marriage.

This behavior is changing however drastically, if the Chinese woman sees a chance to live overseas, away from her controlling parents.
Expect the opposite, a shopping spree...

4 -
Ordinary average Philippine women have a stronger character than Thai women, are much easier for English communication, are more willing to move abroad, are willing to do some job, are also willing to meet a foreign man for marriage while working overseas.

However you will also find a lot of trash girls made in Philippines, who are dirty with their body and also dirty-minded.

5 -
Cambodia women are quite different from Thai women. Not the same. They are often looking nice, sometimes good in foreign languages - however expect to invest quite a lot of money if you want to live comfortably in that country, and it is getting boring there, in general this is a poor place, foreign ownership restricted, the government is also not very welcoming to foreign men who consider marriage with a local woman. Nothing known to me however about scamming foreign men in such a large scale as in Thailand.

User avatar
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3079
Joined: April 3rd, 2014, 6:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN
Contact:

Re: Another Thai love story ending in tears...

Post by Yohan » April 6th, 2018, 9:51 am

publicduende wrote:
April 6th, 2018, 2:31 am
Would you agree with me with saying that (SE) Asian women of higher socio-economic status - except maybe the Japanese - would be the least likely to scam a foreign man, yet at the same time they are the most reluctant to hook up with them?
This is correct, including Japanese women.
If there is no serious problem with parents and other relatives around her and if there is enough money available, there is no reason for an Asian woman to look around for Western men and also not for Asian men outside their country. She can find easily local men offering a good living standard, and if not she can wait it out for some years, as she is not in a hurry.
Looks like I am the only HA member who cares about the motives that lead a SE Asian woman to be with a foreign man. Yet, the idea of being scammed or having "love" from a young woman just as long as I can provide her (and her family) a life sheltered from poverty and pain...nah, doesn't entice me at all.
About motives,

I met a few Thai women personally, who really stay with their foreign (Western) husband since many years and in all these cases the woman was - out of various reasons - badly treated by her parents or she had a very bad experience with a local Thai man. These Western men are significantly older than these Thai women and have a regular income/retirement allowance.

About here in Japan, there are only a few Western men I know, who are married with a Japanese woman, in all these cases, me included, the Western man stays permanently in Japan and has a rather outspoken repudiative opinion about Western culture, justice and life-style, including Western women.

However Japanese men with foreign wife (mostly Asian) outnumber foreign men with Japanese wife more than 2:1.
Japan is not a good place looking for a wife as a foreign man.

Johnny1975
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1522
Joined: September 23rd, 2012, 12:07 am

Re: Another Thai love story ending in tears...

Post by Johnny1975 » April 6th, 2018, 11:30 am

Do filipinas often go with older filipinos?
Location Independent Expat Relocate​

If you want to move abroad, but you can't decide where, I can help you.

http://lierelocate.weebly.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwS_hq ... qZA/videos

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... hVcm9GFFb9

https://twitter.com/LocIndExpRel

User avatar
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3079
Joined: April 3rd, 2014, 6:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN
Contact:

Re: Another Thai love story ending in tears...

Post by Yohan » April 6th, 2018, 12:15 pm

Johnny1975 wrote:
April 6th, 2018, 11:30 am
Do filipinas often go with older filipinos?
Good question, I cannot confirm or deny that. However I can imagine that a successful overseas male worker, who is still single coming back and has more money than the local filipinos might find young women who want to go with him...

There are also local Filipino men, who have a good business while not far away are girls living in slum condition.

But most Filipino men even when working overseas have a family already, in Philippines the dating scene is not broken like it is in Western countries.
Men and women talk to each other much easier.

User avatar
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3391
Joined: November 30th, 2011, 6:20 pm

Re: Another Thai love story ending in tears...

Post by publicduende » April 6th, 2018, 5:15 pm

Johnny1975 wrote:
April 6th, 2018, 11:30 am
Do filipinas often go with older filipinos?
They do, actually, and for the same reasons why they go look for foreigners. To make it super-simple, there is a pecking order that goes like this.

Same age/young Filipinos
REALLY handsome Asians, e.g. Korean
(Maybe REALLY handsome or wealthy young Westerners)
Older Filipinos
Same age/young Asians (e.g. Korean or rich Chinese)
Older Asians (e.g. Korean or rich Chinese)
Same age/young Westerners
Older Westerners

From what I have seen, it's almost algorithmic. Failed one step they look at the next one, obviously taking the available man pool into consideration.

It took me 2 years to find my current gf and she told me, quite clearly, that she has a predilection for mature men who don't look Filipino/Asian. Without that bias, she would have behaved like any of her friends, hooking up with a Filipino of similar age and equivalent or higher socio-economic status.

chanta76
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1846
Joined: February 11th, 2008, 4:56 pm

Re: Another Thai love story ending in tears...

Post by chanta76 » April 6th, 2018, 9:12 pm

publicduende,

But I always thought that the Philippine was p***y paradise .

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand”