I plan to visit my GF in the Philippines in June - Rainy season time?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Horahngee
Freshman Poster

I plan to visit my GF in the Philippines in June - Rainy season time?

Post by Horahngee »

I am planning on visiting my GF towards the end of June, as her birthday is around that time, and I will also be quitting my current job, and have two weeks before I start working at a new company that I recently got a tentative job offer for.

I also plan on getting engaged to her in June when I visit her.

My girlfriend Grace told me to bring an umbrella as it is rainy season in the Philippines from June to September.

She lives in the Illocos Sur area of the Philippines....so that is the northern side of the Philippines.

This is different from many of you guys who tend to travel and reside in Cebu, Mindanao/davao or Puerta Princessa area's

So the question here is, will it rain a lot during that time period? I have been to the PI, up in the Illocos area during my visit in January, and it was sunny and hot. Let me know!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Zambales
Experienced Poster

Re: I plan to visit my GF in the Philippines in June - Rainy season time?

Post by Zambales »

I've been to Boracay in June which also has it's fair share of rain. Wasn't too bad. Heavy showers some prolonged but plenty of sunshine too.
Your gf would have answered this question anyway.

Second trip over to see her and you're already getting engaged, am I right?
Horahngee
Freshman Poster

Post by Horahngee »

Zambales wrote:
March 24th, 2018, 5:18 am
I've been to Boracay in June which also has it's fair share of rain. Wasn't too bad. Heavy showers some prolonged but plenty of sunshine too.
Cool, thanks for your information. I just wanted to hear from some of you guys here at HA who have traveled or lived in the Philippines during the summer time to see how bad the rainy season can get.
Yes, why not? Something wrong with getting engaged on the second visit?

Despite me visiting her, I encouraged my GF to get a US tourist visa to also have her visit me.

BTW zambales, this is a girl introduced to me by my mom's client back in Hawaii. I know GF's aunty in Hawaii and some of her extended family members there.

It's not like I've met this Filipina off of Facebook or some kind of international dating website.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Last June 2017 in Cebu there was sunshine with occasional showers but it rained everyday in July, mosquitos were getting bad...
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Horahngee wrote:
March 24th, 2018, 11:30 am
Zambales wrote:
March 24th, 2018, 5:18 am
Cool, thanks for your information. I just wanted to hear from some of you guys here at HA who have traveled or lived in the Philippines during the summer time to see how bad the rainy season can get.
Yes, why not? Something wrong with getting engaged on the second visit?

Despite me visiting her, I encouraged my GF to get a US tourist visa to also have her visit me.

BTW zambales, this is a girl introduced to me by my mom's client back in Hawaii. I know GF's aunty in Hawaii and some of her extended family members there.

It's not like I've met this Filipina off of Facebook or some kind of international dating website.
Advantageous perhaps but still a bit early IMO. Your call though.