Where can I find tall girls in Asia?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
yesmanye
Freshman Poster

Where can I find tall girls in Asia?

Post by yesmanye »

I know Asia isn't exactly known for tall girls but what place has the tallest girls in Asia?
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Where can I find tall girls Asia?

Post by Yohan »

I don't think, there is any clear advice for that.

Asian girls of course are in general rather short compared to Western women, but many Asian children are now significantly taller than their parents.

My Filipina fosterdaughter is 22 y/o and is 5 ft 8 in - rather tall, but superslim. I have seen also other women from Mindanao, who are rather tall.

I know a Chinese woman in Malaysia who is 5 ft 11 in... but of course tall females are not the majority. You will see many Japanese, Chinese, Filipina, Thai etc. women who are in their 20s and 30s and who are barely 5 ft 2 in....
Guhji
Freshman Poster

Post by Guhji »

Korea. But you'd better be tall and good-looking yourself.
rabbithabit
Freshman Poster

Post by rabbithabit »

if you search can find tall girls anywhere, in asia is exceptional but not impossible if you mean over 6 foot tall. Korea and Taiwan probably your best place for tall girls.
Cute Rabbit
Carnio
Freshman Poster

Post by Carnio »

Last edited by Carnio on October 27th, 2019, 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

When I was in Korea in the 1990's, 5'10" was considered just a little tall for a man. Maybe 5'7" or 5'"8 was average. I remember one female student of mine, college student aged, who was probably a little over 6 feet. She had a taller brother. Koreans have gotten a bit taller. There are some regions of China where people are tall. Thais seemed tall to me when I went there, but that was after being in Indonesia for quite a while. There were some rather tall Thais, but on average they may have been a bit shorter than Americans.

You can look up average heights online.
CannedHam
Freshman Poster

Post by CannedHam »

Northern China
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Mr.man

I just finish my trip in south korea. The younger korean folks are tall both men and women. I mean you still see short or medium koreans but lots of tall folks here. I remember I walked around gangnam and lost count in seeing so many 6 foot tall korean dudes.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Guhji,
It depends. Yes being tall and good looking like those Korean male actors help but I seen guys my size with girl friends or wives. I'm 5'7 . It's like half half. Half the guys I seen are 6 feet and the other half about my size.

I did notice tall guys with girls but I also saw shorter guys with girls.
Guhji
Freshman Poster

Post by Guhji »

chanta76 wrote:
October 6th, 2018, 6:06 pm
Guhji,
It depends. Yes being tall and good looking like those Korean male actors help but I seen guys my size with girl friends or wives. I'm 5'7 . It's like half half. Half the guys I seen are 6 feet and the other half about my size.

I did notice tall guys with girls but I also saw shorter guys with girls.
My college age cousins are 6'1-6'3, and they tell me that they're pretty average. Winston keeps saying that Asian guys are STILL mostly short and ugly. That's simply not true. Young Asians are generally quite tall and attractive, men and women both. They look markedly different from those of my generation (I'm 43). ESPECIALLY Koreans are very fashionable and fit as well. Nowadays, everybody works out.

I'm sure you saw a lot of extremely attractive people in Apkujeong. I hope you had a good time there. Still, I don't think Seoul can hold a candle to Tokyo. Japan is really the class of Asia. Did you visit Japan as well?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Guhji wrote:
May 30th, 2018, 11:53 am
I don't know about that. Many of my female students found me attractive and although I was in good shape at the time I'm no oil painting. Maybe they would have grown out of it, but much like Western and Asian men Asian females and Western sluts do seem to have different standards.
Guhji
Freshman Poster

Post by Guhji »

Cornfed wrote:
October 6th, 2018, 11:37 pm
Guhji wrote:
May 30th, 2018, 11:53 am
I don't know about that. Many of my female students found me attractive and although I was in good shape at the time I'm no oil painting. Maybe they would have grown out of it, but much like Western and Asian men Asian females and Western sluts do seem to have different standards.
Perhaps they were just being polite? Are you a tall guy? Koreans tend be very height-centric. Yes, I know everybody focuses on height, but I think Koreans take it to another level.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

My new class of Chinese girls.

Jeez, there are so few foreigners here. This is true frontier territory.

Plus they love beta sissy type beta dudes lol.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Guhji,

Yes the young Korean generation are taller but there still some medium and even short Koreans among the young folks . It's not like as if Koreans became like northern European tall. Saying that they are more height centric out of Asia. I met my wife who is Korean 2009. She was 26 at that time I was in my mid 30's and I didn't have no trouble attracting her. I also dated other Korean girls way back in 2004 when I lived there for 4 months. My height was a non issue.

Nowadays I don't know if height is all they care about but I did walk around hongdae on my last trip. I saw many Korean couples and I took look at the Korean guys. Some were about my size . So I guess it depends.

Regard comparing to Japan. I think Japan is more open than Koreans regarding height. I think on the average Koreans are taller and bigger built. There was poster here who had a hard time dating in Korea cause of his height and went to Japan and it was a non issue in Japan.

Cornfed,

What year did you work in South Korea? I think it depends as Guhji might agree with me . South KOrea trend is going towards westernization. In other words if you taught way back in 2000 they might of genuine found you attractive or being polite. Nowadays from what I understand you got to look like much more better to get a Korean girl attention.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

chanta76 wrote:
October 6th, 2018, 6:04 pm
Mr.man

I just finish my trip in south korea. The younger korean folks are tall both men and women. I mean you still see short or medium koreans but lots of tall folks here. I remember I walked around gangnam and lost count in seeing so many 6 foot tall korean dudes.
That's unfortunately if they still don't care if they bump into you or not at the Kangnam subway stop.

Koreans like to get really close. I used to go visit a friend of mine in Kangnam on the weekend about once a month. I'd carry a suitcase and an umbrella. I got an umbrella with a metal point on it. I'd stick it under my arm and aim it so that if approaching foot traffic got to close to me, they might get poked with the umbrella. This gave me an extra inch or two of space, less personal space than I needed to feel comfortable, but it kept people from bumping their shoulders against mine.

I remember there were plenty of reasonably attractive Korean girls in those parts back then.