More Korean (and Chinese men) seeking Wives from Vietnam

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
DarthXedonias
Freshman Poster

More Korean (and Chinese men) seeking Wives from Vietnam

Post by DarthXedonias »

I saw this a few months back before I came back to the forum and thought this would be interesting. Seems like with the Korean women they might still be good in manners, etc but many have that entitlement attitude that they should get like the top 20-30% of South Korean men. This is causing it would seem for many men in Korea to look to other countries, especially Vietnam, for marriage partners. I find it funny though that once this starts getting big you have all these feminist organizations (or even the tradcons like the South Korean MRA in this video) trying to regulate it all of a sudden. I don't get it myself seeing as the women in these countries have made it known to the men doing this that they don't want them, supposedly. But as soon as these men that aren't wanted, because they don't fit the women's unrealistic expectations, start getting married to women from another country in big numbers they lose their minds, start shaming the men and start wanting big daddy government to regulate it (or in other words make it increasingly not an option for these men). I'm starting to think its because these women want the guys who are in the top percentile but just in case they want some beta male to be on standby in case things don't work out.

I also don't buy the feminist reasons for interventions in this area. (1) because I don't trust feminist when they quote numbers. I think we are all aware of how they inflate domestic abuse, rape, sexual assault , etc numbers to support their ideology. (2) I've seen the independent states done where for example in the west western males who get married to foreign women have only around an 20% divorce rate. Which means the amount of these marriages that fail is low and how much you want to bet of that number the amount that end due to some kind of abuse are even lower? On a funny note, the same study did a comparison with western females who get married to foreign males. The divorce rate actually went up if I remember to 80%. Comparing the findings of the study it should become even more apparent who seems to be the main problem when it comes to marriage in the west. Not saying there aren't bad guys in the west but "bad" guys don't seem to be the major issue here. Do tell me you guys your thoughts on this as well.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: More Korean (and Chinese men) seeking Wives from Vietnam

Post by Winston »

How exactly do you get a bride in Vietnam? Do you do it online or only through an agency? Wouldn't you have to go to Vietnam to meet her first? I was told this kind of thing is wearing off as Vietnam's economy is growing and women are becoming less desperate there.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
DarthXedonias
Freshman Poster

Post by DarthXedonias »

Winston wrote:
July 3rd, 2018, 11:11 am
How exactly do you get a bride in Vietnam? Do you do it online or only through an agency? Wouldn't you have to go to Vietnam to meet her first? I was told this kind of thing is wearing off as Vietnam's economy is growing and women are becoming less desperate there.
From what I've gathered is that generally instead of going online (like most of us in western countries) in Asian countries like South Korea they literally have walk in offices in major cities like you see in the video. Then they also have books with the women's profiles and pictures of them. Generally, yeah they go on trips first to see the women and see if they actually like them. As for it slowing down, I doubt it. At this rate marrying a Vietnamese woman is still better than marrying a Korean woman at the moment it would seem. I remember hearing a story from one female old high-school friend about how when she was in college and a Vietnamese guy she knew went back home to visit his family. He came back and said he now had a fiancee and was going to get married in a few months lol. Seems like there still isn't that many games to play when trying to get married there. Only thing I heard though is that you never want to get married to a Vietnamese woman and bring her back to the states. From what I heard they are good at making their own small businesses in the state but that is usually due to them really taking to the materialistic mentality in the US. As you can guess, that also leads to them divorcing their American husbands a lot as well. Its seems Vietnamese women seem to absorb the worst parts of American culture very easily.

Also @Winston to answer your question from that other thread, yeah that Chinese woman who told you that lame excuse was full of shit. I know a couple of guys , white guys with typical blond hair and blue eyes, who have no problem getting laid too much in China even with the language difficulty. If they say that they are either some country bumpkin from out in the middle of no where or (the most likely case for the fact that she had wechat, and other social apps) she is telling you that BS because she wasn't interested. I've also known way too many stories told from guys there of Chinese woman who will willingly have sex with a guy even though she knows hes married.
CannedHam
Freshman Poster

Post by CannedHam »

Winston wrote:
I know someone who married a Vietnamese woman and brought her to the US - lovely lady, they've been married for over 5 years now. They met online on a dating site (not sure which one). I remember I signed up on DateInAsia for the hell of it a while back, seemed like there were tons of Vietnamese women aged 20-30 on there.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

DarthXedonias wrote:
July 3rd, 2018, 12:12 pm
Winston wrote:
From what I've gathered is that generally instead of going online (like most of us in western countries) in Asian countries like South Korea they literally have walk in offices in major cities like you see in the video. Then they also have books with the women's profiles and pictures of them. Generally, yeah they go on trips first to see the women and see if they actually like them. As for it slowing down, I doubt it. At this rate marrying a Vietnamese woman is still better than marrying a Korean woman at the moment it would seem. I remember hearing a story from one female old high-school friend about how when she was in college and a Vietnamese guy she knew went back home to visit his family. He came back and said he now had a fiancee and was going to get married in a few months lol. Seems like there still isn't that many games to play when trying to get married there. Only thing I heard though is that you never want to get married to a Vietnamese woman and bring her back to the states. From what I heard they are good at making their own small businesses in the state but that is usually due to them really taking to the materialistic mentality in the US. As you can guess, that also leads to them divorcing their American husbands a lot as well. Its seems Vietnamese women seem to absorb the worst parts of American culture very easily.

Also @Winston to answer your question from that other thread, yeah that Chinese woman who told you that lame excuse was full of shit. I know a couple of guys , white guys with typical blond hair and blue eyes, who have no problem getting laid too much in China even with the language difficulty. If they say that they are either some country bumpkin from out in the middle of no where or (the most likely case for the fact that she had wechat, and other social apps) she is telling you that BS because she wasn't interested. I've also known way too many stories told from guys there of Chinese woman who will willingly have sex with a guy even though she knows hes married.
Yeah but @DarthXedonias you gotta understand that women aren't all the same. Not all Chinese women are wild, love to cheat, love to have affairs, passionate, liberal and open minded. lol. Some really do think the way that young girl described. Some are very closed minded and conservative and do not believe in male-female friendships. In college a Chinese female friend also told me that she didn't believe that men and women can ever have true friendships, that they can only be lovers or enemies. And many women, especially Chinese, do not like going out with strangers, especially if they just met them and especially if they are older than them. A lot of women, especially Asian, are closed mined and narrow and not open about stuff at all. So it's very possible she could have been honest about her beliefs.

Also almost all Chinese girls have wechat nowadays. They all copy each other and seek to be the same. It doesn't mean she's open minded. Many girls only talk to the few people they know on wechat. It doesn't mean they are looking to meet new people. Most people, especially Asian, are not open minded in general.

Also just because you know a few wild Chinese women or heard of them, doesn't mean that most of them are like that. Being wild is not part of Chinese genes or Chinese nature. They are super prim and proper. A few exceptions does not change what the mainstream is.

Also, most guys I know lie about getting laid left and right and when checked out, their stories turn out to be empty and full of hot air most of the time. I've seen it many times. If you have enough experience and are a good BS detector, you will too. More than half the guys I've met lie and BS about this. I don't know why, but they do. They also add several zeros to the amount of money they really make and spend and even claim to lose. I don't know why. But men even like to exaggerate about the amount of money they lose too, by adding several zeros at the end of the actual amount. I don't know why they would get off on that. It's weird and seems to be a guy thing. But they do it a lot. It's very illogical and I see no reason why one would want to inflate the amount of money you've lost, spent or earned. The logical characters on Star Trek would never do that. lol. So why do men in real life do? lol

Also, most seduction attempts fail. They do not succeed. Yet men act like almost all their seduction attempts succeed. But that's not what I see in reality. Women are not easy to seduce at all, not even if you are real smooth like Lando Calrissian, unless of course they WANT to be seduced by you, in which case it's easy.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
DarthXedonias
Freshman Poster

Post by DarthXedonias »

@Winston I think you might have took that post the wrong way. I know not all Chinese woman are the same which is why I said if shes from a more smaller town or moved from a smaller town she might still have very traditional values and such. Though I did mention for the most part these type of women seem to be rare if we are talking about the big cities (Shenzen, etc) from multiple guys I've heard report over there. Also on those guys I never did say they were bedding women right and left. They are actually quiet honest about if they score or if they fail which is why I trust their reporting so far. They don't seem to do what you indicated of over blowing or sensationalizing their romantic goings.

Heck, I think a poster on this form who is married to a Chinese woman recently said that over the last 5 years Chinese women have definitely gotten worst. So its funny that the Chinese government did recently do something to combat the divorce issue in China which kind of puts the US to shame. I'm not sure if you heard @Winston but I think it was like a year and half ago that the equivalent of the US supreme court in China ruled that in divorce basically whatever belongs to the man belongs to the man and vice versa for the woman. Essentially, it made it so that Chinese woman don't automatically get the house, etc when they choose to divorce their husband because the court realized this was being abused. One common thing that was happening was instead of getting a new house, due to housing prices being ridiculous in main land cities, the groom would move his wife into his parents house. Problem was when the women would divorce the man she would get the marital home which in this case was often the Father and mother's home. He court realized this was stupid and made it just in general that you keep what you brought into the relationship. I find it funny that the Chinese communist government can realize the problem with bad divorce laws and rewarding women for bad behavior with cash and prizes but the US, the so called land of the free, etc, can't even or won't even contemplate changing the laws to be more fair.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Taiwanese, South Korean and Japanese men were always into bringing in foreign women. Nothing new with that. However most of these women are from countries nearby - like China, Vietnam or Philippines. To bring in women from other regions often fail, ending in divorce - some Japanese men tried with Russian women from Siberia, non-Asian Brazil women as in Brazil and also Peru are living over 3 million former Japanese who left and settled down in Latin America long time ago - however it seems it does not work out easily.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

DarthXedonias wrote:
July 5th, 2018, 12:01 am
supreme court in China ruled that in divorce basically whatever belongs to the man belongs to the man and vice versa for the woman. Essentially, it made it so that Chinese woman don't automatically get the house, etc when they choose to divorce their husband because the court realized this was being abused.
The Chinese new property law is actually gender neutral. It means, the person who bought, paid and registered the house before marriage is the owner after divorce.

This is similar to other Asian countries, for example here in Thailand.

In all Asian countries I know, as a man you are better protected against women and their unreasonable demands compared to Western countries.
DarthXedonias
Freshman Poster

Post by DarthXedonias »

Yohan wrote:
July 6th, 2018, 3:31 am
Taiwanese, South Korean and Japanese men were always into bringing in foreign women. Nothing new with that. However most of these women are from countries nearby - like China, Vietnam or Philippines. To bring in women from other regions often fail, ending in divorce - some Japanese men tried with Russian women from Siberia, non-Asian Brazil women as in Brazil and also Peru are living over 3 million former Japanese who left and settled down in Latin America long time ago - however it seems it does not work out easily.
Yeah, you would be right there. I noticed even in that report I mentioned that even though divorce with a foreign woman was lower it did fluctuate based on what culture the woman was from. The western country they did this report in was Switzerland. So it does prove that if you want a less likely chance of divorce you should make sure the woman is from a culture that is similar or compatible to your own.
The Chinese new property law is actually gender neutral. It means, the person who bought, paid and registered the house before marriage is the owner after divorce.

This is similar to other Asian countries, for example here in Thailand.

In all Asian countries I know, as a man you are better protected against women and their unreasonable demands compared to Western countries.
Yeah, thanks for the correction I didn't mean to make it sound like it wasn't. Though it will be usually men who benefit from this simply for the fact that it's expected over there that its the man who will buy the family home. I do think with this law you will probably see the new of divorces go down because women who would have benefited from it will rethink divorcing now since they won't get a free house that they didn't even pay for.

Also, thanks for the info on Thailand. I didn't know Thailand had similar laws, and this was in general throughout Asia. Just gives even more reason to move to Asia given the protections you are afforded over there concerning property.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

DarthXedonias wrote:
July 5th, 2018, 12:01 am
@Winston I think you might have took that post the wrong way. I know not all Chinese woman are the same which is why I said if shes from a more smaller town or moved from a smaller town she might still have very traditional values and such. Though I did mention for the most part these type of women seem to be rare if we are talking about the big cities (Shenzen, etc) from multiple guys I've heard report over there. Also on those guys I never did say they were bedding women right and left. They are actually quiet honest about if they score or if they fail which is why I trust their reporting so far. They don't seem to do what you indicated of over blowing or sensationalizing their romantic goings.
But @DarthXedonias you forget something. The thing is: Yes some western white men do well in China. But many do not too. On this forum, there are trip reports of both types. Some western men claim that they never got any attention from Chinese women in China, and said they were treated badly there as an outsider and ignored by everyone. So I've both types of trip reports. It seems to be almost 50/50. There is a mix of positive and negative trip reports about China.

The thing is, China is not a wonderland where everyone feels accepted and liked. I wouldn't say China is a very inclusive country because Chinese people and culture are rigid and homogenous and have tunnel vision. @Ghost made a good point to me once when we met in China. He said that in China, you always feel like an outsider, no matter what, even if you speak fluent Chinese. But in the Philippines, the vibe feels warm and inclusive and you NEVER feel like an outsider, so the Philippines is unique in that regard. You gotta go there to understand what we mean. I totally agree with that.

So I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people feel alienated in China. After all, Chinese are homogenous, rigid, inflexible, narrow minded, and only interested in being ants and bees and working, and seem to have a hive mind like the Borg collective. lol. Even in the US, Chinese immigrants are inflexible and refuse to adopt to American culture and try to preserve their own Chinese culture in their own communities. So they aren't exactly easy to get along with or open minded or easygoing.

So the point is, China is not an easy country to fit into at all. So I'm not surprised many foreigners do not do well there. You know what I mean?

Also, most Chinese women are not open minded or liberal. They are prim and proper and homogenous and are not looking to date outside their race. Sure there are always a subset of women in China or anywhere in Asia, that like white guys, but those women are not the majority or mainstream. So if the majority is not open to dating you, it's not gonna be easy unless you are lucky and happen to meet a great girl that likes you. Not all guys are lucky though. Some are but some aren't. It's like the US. Some average guys get a great girlfriend and find a great gem for a wife there, but some don't and are always frustrated and have no results in the dating scene.

So you gotta look at the big picture here. Right?

Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

DarthXedonias wrote:
July 3rd, 2018, 2:44 am

But as soon as these men that aren't wanted, because they don't fit the women's unrealistic expectations, start getting married to women from another country in big numbers they lose their minds, start shaming the men and start wanting big daddy government to regulate it (or in other words make it increasingly not an option for these men). I'm starting to think its because these women want the guys who are in the top percentile but just in case they want some beta male to be on standby in case things don't work out.
The guys in the top percentile will trade these chicks in for a newer model once their glamour days are coming to an end and that's when Plan B for the over 35's comes into fruition. The trouble is, the male pool to choose from is reducing constantly hence all the squawking. It might get that low they'll have to look for men overseas and the only ones interested will be from the poorer countries looking for a better life. :mrgreen:
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

I kind of feel bad for Vietnamese men. They lose out to all these foreign men coming in taking women. It's all hyper gamy at play here. Women always want something better . Korean women are doing it now and want the top 20% of men in their own country. It's like the CHads can pick and choose but what about the rest of the 80% of men. It's getting to be like America.

I remember visiting South KOrea way back in the 90's...it was easy dating than. You can actually pick up girls in the streets bar or whatever. It started to change after 2002 and more so after 2010. Nowadays I don't what's going on in South Korea.I heard it's the same in Japan.

It's like as if the country develops..Women rights develops and women choices develops. In a way I don't see anything wrong with this BUT what happens is that women want to eat thier cake. Women want equality but also all the benefit that a women get not TRUE equality. Which is happening in the west. Women just become picker...and men have to raise their game more.

Guys start hitting the gym. Wearing fashionable clothes. Have to learn game. Or work harder to get more status. Some men do this for themselves but in reality I think guys do this to attract women. It becomes competitive than.

The losers will look overseas or mgtow. I think Korea is having this now. Even the white guys are struggling in Korea which wasn't the case 15 years ago. You got to be a chad in order to score.

I miss the old days .
Horahngee
Freshman Poster

Post by Horahngee »

Winston wrote:
I want to clarify to you guys, that it is mainly the countryside, farmer Korean guys in S. Korea who tend to have to resort to finding an international wife, usually in SE Asian countries such as Cambodia, Vietnam, Philippines or in rare instances, in Thailand.

A lot of the females in the countryside in Korea leave the countryside for Seoul, and work in Seoul, or attend college or run a business in Seoul. It is this "large city has great resource" mentality. Hence, that leads to a shortage of women in the countryside areas for the men to date or marry.

Now to Winston, Korean men find their international wife through marriage brokers or dating companies. These marriage brokers are located in one of the larger cities in S. Korea. The guy or his parents, usually pay the dating company or brokers a large fee to find the Korean guy a Vietnamese wife.
If the Korean guy likes the girl, then he buys a plane ticket and books a trip to Vietnam to visit the female. He either meets her there by herself, or with her family members.

I have also heard of some disgusting instances where the international wife has to parade herself naked in front of the male candidate looking for an international wife. Sickening!

Note too that although Vietnam's economy is rising, there are stil a lot of poor families living in the countryside of Vietnam.

Kind of like the Philippines, the Vietnamese family are using their daughters to marry off to some male from a more wealthy nation, so that he can provide income to the family.
Horahngee
Freshman Poster

Post by Horahngee »

DarthXedonias wrote:
July 3rd, 2018, 12:12 pm

From what I've gathered is that generally instead of going online (like most of us in western countries) in Asian countries like South Korea they literally have walk in offices in major cities like you see in the video.
yes, those offices are international marriage brokers or dating companies. Many of their offices are in the Seoul area.
Then they also have books with the women's profiles and pictures of them. Generally, yeah they go on trips first to see the women and see if they actually like them.

Spot on, darthxedonias. The dating company usually have the profile and photos of the female international wife candidate in a booklet, or in their computer system, depending on how tech-savvy the dating company is.

At this rate marrying a Vietnamese woman is still better than marrying a Korean woman at the moment it would seem. I remember hearing a story from one female old high-school friend about how when she was in college and a Vietnamese guy she knew went back home to visit his family. He came back and said he now had a fiancee and was going to get married in a few months lol.
Um, no. I disagree. There is still a higher preference for Korean men to marry a Korean woman. Take it from me. It is because there are cultural differences between Korean and Vietnamese or other SE Asian ethnic groups.

This leads to divorces or run-aways in many instances. I have heard of stories where the Korean husband was abusive towards his Vietnamese wife. So since she has little resources to turn to in a foreign country, she either runs away (assuming she's living in the countryside of S. Korea), and ends up in Seoul, works illegally in restaurant or a bar. Or ends up leaving Korea for good. If not the husband, the mother-in-law or one of the Korean husband's siblings does not treat the Vietnamese wife nicely. That also leads to separation between the Korean husband and his Vietnamese wife (or other non-Korean ethnic group wife).

Seems like there still isn't that many games to play when trying to get married there. Only thing I heard though is that you never want to get married to a Vietnamese woman and bring her back to the states. From what I heard they are good at making their own small businesses in the state but that is usually due to them really taking to the materialistic mentality in the US. As you can guess, that also leads to them divorcing their American husbands a lot as well.
Oh my! I never heard of that for the Vietnamese women.

I did hear of instances though, that certain Filipina's tend to do this when they get to the US. This is why I am also a little skeptical of bringing Grace over to the US. :shock:
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

I doubt the OP has ever been to China in his life and is hearing second hand accounts from his buddies how they're getting laid left, right and centre - it might be true depending if they're in

Beijing, Shanghai or Shenzhen - outside of there and the nightclub scene - no chance
Single and hot and young - no chance of that either
Little to no Chinese - hahaha - no chance!

Sure, anyone can go to the nightclub scene of the top three tier one cities and do a round robin of the (average looking/divorced) skanks every other cunt has been through but it won't happen outside there. Anyone who knows China and knows Chinese women knows this.

However, some dickhead lying through their teeth about their sexual exploits in a foreign land - very common - didn't we have some joker on here bragging he was having 'one night stands' in China left, right and centre. :roll: