Why Is Dating In Thailand Easier?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Traveler
Freshman Poster

Why Is Dating In Thailand Easier?

Post by Traveler »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJVWc0SdzAE

What he says makes a lot of sense. The girl at 10:17 is very pretty.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why Is Dating In Thailand Easier?

Post by Cornfed »

Along with the problem highlighted that so many Western females are fat & ugly there is the problem that a lot of the attractive young females are effectively sequestered by affirmative action jobs and university placements, so normal men have limited access to them.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 1st, 2018, 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CannedHam
Freshman Poster

Post by CannedHam »

Disclaimer: I only skimmed parts of the video.

But IMO Thai women are probably the WORST of all the South/SE Asian options for marriage. You don't get the cultural/religious compatibility and English language skills of Filipinas, you don't get the economic hustle/thriftiness of most Chinese women, the loyalty and "class" of Japanese women, etc. You'll probably be expected to pay a dowry and will likely be hit up to support their families.

I know a few men married to Thai women here in the US that they brought over. They are the most short-sighted, stupid, high-maintenance cunts. One is constantly fighting with her husband about her spending habits (she spends over $60/day on food, is always shopping, asking to send back to Thailand etc.). Another is hassling her husband for a $12,000 ring to one-up her other friend. I was recently at a party and saw one of my wife's Thai acquaintances chugging Bud Lights while she was 7 months pregnant because "she missed partying all the time". :evil:

The only way I'd proceed in a situation like this is to work my ass off, save a lot of money, and "retire" in Thailand with a Thai woman, keeping all the money in the US and withdrawing a (hard) limit every month.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

CannedHam wrote:
August 18th, 2018, 10:11 am
.....But IMO Thai women are probably the WORST of all the South/SE Asian options for marriage.
----
I know a few men married to Thai women here in the US that they brought over. They are the most short-sighted, stupid, high-maintenance c**ts.
-----
The only way I'd proceed in a situation like this is to work my ass off, save a lot of money, and "retire" in Thailand with a Thai woman, keeping all the money in the US and withdrawing a (hard) limit every month.
I can only agree with this comment.

It is easy to find the typical Thai bargirl for sex and fun for vacation in Thailand for a few weeks, and often against little pay she will stay with you for a while.

However it is not easy at all to find an honest Thai girl who is interested in a long term relationship/marriage with a foreign man.
I know personally some men from Canada who tried this out and married Thai women who had a fairly good educational level and all of them are now divorced.

Your advice to retire in Thailand with a Thai woman, but to keep all money outside of Thailand is a very good advice.
Never invest into Thailand too much - especially not into women.

If you are qualified for a long-term visa, like retirement, and like the idea to stay in Thailand over several months, you might consider to buy your own accommodation/condominium and keep a Thai banking account with some money (maybe USD 10.000,- or so) to be able to pay utilities, maintenance fees, medical fees, shopping using a local debit card etc. Also to buy a motorcycle is useful. All of course in your own name, never in the name of your lovely Thai girl.
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

Because the woman you're dating is not actually a woman....
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

Traveler wrote:
August 16th, 2018, 11:01 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJVWc0SdzAE

What he says makes a lot of sense. The girl at 10:17 is very pretty.
Question: Why is dating in Thailand easier?
Answer: She is a WHORE! Due to "Thai Culture" Whores are just as moral as Virgins.

NOTICE: All of the women in this video are whores. They all have Thai boyfriends who get all the money she got from you. Thai women are not relationship material but they are there for a good time.

Thai women are wonderful if:
1. You are a Super Cuck
2. You would like to have a live-in Whore
(She wants a Pimp not a "boyfriend")
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

OMG...That's a David Bond video. A sexpat, pua wannabe with major yellow fever. He markets his stuff about travels around Asia but it's nothing new or anything re voluntary maybe some newbie might come across his channel and support him and live through him but if you look at the countries he targets it's mostly Asian countries that have a large red light district.

Getting laid in Thailand is super easy almost as easy in the Philippines. Yes there are TONS of bar girls but if you put some effort the regular girls is possible too. But as Johnny said are they high quality girls? girls for marriage? not really.

Thailand and to some extent the Philippines in my opinion been over pasteurize by the sexpats and the lifers that live there. I really think those sexpats is what made the girls in those countries become like sharks.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

chanta76 wrote:
August 25th, 2018, 8:57 pm
OMG...That's a David Bond video. A sexpat, pua wannabe with major yellow fever. He markets his stuff about travels around Asia but it's nothing new or anything re voluntary maybe some newbie might come across his channel and support him and live through him but if you look at the countries he targets it's mostly Asian countries that have a large red light district.

Getting laid in Thailand is super easy almost as easy in the Philippines. Yes there are TONS of bar girls but if you put some effort the regular girls is possible too. But as Johnny said are they high quality girls? girls for marriage? not really.

Thailand and to some extent the Philippines in my opinion been over pasteurize by the sexpats and the lifers that live there. I really think those sexpats is what made the girls in those countries become like sharks.
Can't comment on Thailand as I have never lived there, but finding a good girl in the Philippines is just as hard as anywhere else in the world. By good girl I mean a young woman who will want to be with you out of genuine feelings, not some financial-support-in-exchange-of-sex agenda.

From what I read it's even harder for foreigners in Thailand, as Thai tend to be more proud of their ethnic/social identity and wouldn't want to mingle with Westerners.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

publicduende,

I think its because the quality of the expat in Asia is questionable. You have to admit you have ALLOT of low quality guys there just looking for easy lay. Yes, some of the guys are decent but even the decent one want too much. Asian girls are not that stupid. Nobody wants to be used!!

In the past before it became over pasteurize . I heard it was not the case. I think 1980s' and up to 90's it was still decent but word got out and mostly through the internet and well you have what you have today. I blame some on the expats there. I remember I visited Thailand back in early 2000's. I imagine it got allot worst today. But what I remember was allot of the expats there just abusing the place.
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

^If that's true I wonder it it could possibly explain why there is a HUGE discrepancy between trying to meet Thai girls online and trying to meet Thai girls in Thailand. I couldn't believe what a difference.

Literally the only match I got on Tinder over there was a real ladybody who I accidentally swiped yes on. I was like checking my app and getting all excited,"Yes! Finally! A match at last! Oh. Wait. I see. It's that one ladybody." (I was only in the country for 5 days tho)

However, real life approaching went a lot better right from the start. On my very first day upon arrival I asked a cute airport employee for directions on how to ride the train and got her on LINE so I could message with her further, and had a date set up before I even reached my hotel.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

chanta76 wrote:
August 25th, 2018, 10:59 pm
publicduende,

I think its because the quality of the expat in Asia is questionable. You have to admit you have ALLOT of low quality guys there just looking for easy lay. Yes, some of the guys are decent but even the decent one want too much. Asian girls are not that stupid. Nobody wants to be used!!

In the past before it became over pasteurize . I heard it was not the case. I think 1980s' and up to 90's it was still decent but word got out and mostly through the internet and well you have what you have today. I blame some on the expats there. I remember I visited Thailand back in early 2000's. I imagine it got allot worst today. But what I remember was allot of the expats there just abusing the place.
That's true, but to an extent. If the dating scene in the West is worse and worse because of female entitlement, feminism and sheer competition for the fewer and fewer smart AND good looking girls available, that would mean that more quality young men are travelling to emerging countries. I cannot comment on Thailand, but here in the Philippines I do see more and more good looking, well-groomed, super-fit young men visiting and spending some time in the place.

The condo building I live in, in a particularly "hip & happening" area of Makati (Poblacion), is very popular with Westerners and the sight of model-looking guys with equally remarkable young women is frequent.

Yet, I even noticed this trend in more provincial Davao. I see more and more of these young studs roaming the streets of Davao, not necessarily looking for stunning girls, more often than not looking for casual cultural discovery and fun. Those are the young men many hot local girls would love to date, even just for a few days. They're certainly the type of young men they wouldn't feel judged about, if they walked down a busy street or a mall holding hands with.

Yes, the number of desperate men who are in SEA for an easy lay is still high. They're still there. Yet I think there is more balance now.

Another phenomenon is that of the young startup entrepreneur from the West. This is something that is perhaps only affecting the capital metropolises, so Bangkok, Manila, Jakarta etc. There is a hard core of young men I see, some of whom I even met in person, who catapult themselves here to found and run a start-up, sometimes with the help of partners, co-founders of investors.

It's not a huge enclave, this one, but it's growing. I can see Westerners are particularly attracted to Manila because of the English-speaking, Western-style-educated population and the business opportunities that a growing middle class with not much world class experience in areas like technology and management, will offer.

So...I see this both ways. The majority of men travelling to places like these will always be minimum-common-denominator looking for the minimum-common-denominator of girls. There is a growing nice of good quality young men who are here for the right reasons and they usually have no problems accessing and dating high-quality girls.

The caveats are: 1) they have to be good men who would probably have high value in their home countries: good looking, young and unmarried, fit, smart and educated, etc. and 2) they have to be in a large city, where the smart professional kinds of women congregate and make themselves available to the local pool.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

publicduende ,

Back in 2000's when I visited Thailand I remember seeing young western expats back pack traveling or just hanging out. I was surprise because I didn't see these guys at the gogo bars. They were clean , good looking guys. Some of them were with western girls just traveling through or as you said looking for some opportunity. I also heard that you have esl teachers from South Korea or Japan (mostly young and fairly attractive) vacationing in Thailand or the Philippines cause it's cheaper. This was back in the 2000's. I imagine the numbers have grown. Nowadays you have the digital nomads in Thailand and living there for a longer time.

I think with the younger western guys the motivation is different. Like I said some of these guys are hooked up with other western girls traveling abroad. You see that in Thailand sometimes and some do hook up with local girls.

I haven't been to the Philippines so I don't know but not everyone is like us or have the same motivation. Believe it or not there is some expats that still like western girls.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

chanta76 wrote:
August 26th, 2018, 10:11 pm
publicduende ,

Back in 2000's when I visited Thailand I remember seeing young western expats back pack traveling or just hanging out. I was surprise because I didn't see these guys at the gogo bars. They were clean , good looking guys. Some of them were with western girls just traveling through or as you said looking for some opportunity. I also heard that you have esl teachers from South Korea or Japan (mostly young and fairly attractive) vacationing in Thailand or the Philippines cause it's cheaper. This was back in the 2000's. I imagine the numbers have grown. Nowadays you have the digital nomads in Thailand and living there for a longer time.

I think with the younger western guys the motivation is different. Like I said some of these guys are hooked up with other western girls traveling abroad. You see that in Thailand sometimes and some do hook up with local girls.

I haven't been to the Philippines so I don't know but not everyone is like us or have the same motivation. Believe it or not there is some expats that still like western girls.
I agree. So, in short, the "arbitrage window" whereby a lower-quality man can access far better sex (and even love) than he would back home, is fast closing even in those places considered "paradise".

You need to be a quality man everywhere to find equally quality young women. Full stop.

And, in a way, it's a good thing.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

publicduende wrote:
August 26th, 2018, 9:55 pm
..... If the dating scene in the West is worse and worse because of female entitlement, feminism and sheer competition for the fewer and fewer smart AND good looking girls available, that would mean that more quality young men are travelling to emerging countries. I cannot comment on Thailand, but here in the Philippines ...
It is very difficult to compare Thailand and Philippines, these are 2 totally different countries, different people, different language, different cultural background and also different living standard...

You have to go there by yourself and check it out which of these 2 countries fits you best if you think relocation for you makes some sense and you are financially secure.

In Western countries the dating scene is totally broken and I see the biggest problem with legal issues - best is to look after yourself and stay single.

About sex-tourists, well, I cannot blame them - many working men in Western countries like USA have only short vacation, are single.... and nowadays airplanes are many and tickets are cheap. Why should they not enjoy a few days with nice girls who only want their money?