Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Awesome pictures and videos of Chinese cities

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Awesome pictures and videos of Chinese cities

Postby DiscoPro_Joe » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:35 am

This is one ***awesome*** video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwfRz8eOZaA

我在学普通话,所以今年或者明年要去中国。
Wo zai xue Putonghua, suoyi jinnian huozhe mingnian yao qu Zhongguo.
I'm learning Mandarin Chinese, because I want to go to China this year or next.

我在俄克拉何马城住,可是在中国想住。
Wo zai Aokelahema Cheng zhu, keshi zai Zhongguo xiang zhu.
I live in Oklahoma City, but am considering living in China.

Well, whenever I have time, I'll post pictures of Chinese cities on this thread. If any of you can find some good videos & pics, post them here, too! :)
DiscoPro_Joe
Freshman Poster

Postby Winston » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:24 pm

Wow awesome! What is that area on the beach called? Is it affordable? I'd love to go there. I didn't know China had light blue water beaches!
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:42 pm

Here's a large collection of pictures of China posted in the forum of OrientExpat's site:

http://www.orientexpat.com/forum/index. ... =0&start=0

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:48 pm

Disco Joe, my goodness, look at these from the link above! I didn't know China could be that clean!

Last edited by Winston on Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:02 pm

This one looks really exotic and tranquil. Would love to spend time there!

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:12 pm

It looks like there's a lot to do in Shanghai!

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:35 pm

Anyone else afraid of heights too?

(Jin Mao building in Shanghai)

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:42 pm

Beautiful landscapes in China. Wow! Looks so spiritual.

I'll save the best for last! :)

Winston
Site Admin

Postby DiscoPro_Joe » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:14 am

Good pics, Winston.

I like them all except for the one in Pudong in Shanghai, because it was probably taken in 1996 (which is my guess). The 20th Century is, like, ancient history for China nowadays. :wink: hehe

I'll have to find some URL pics when I have time.
DiscoPro_Joe
Freshman Poster

Postby Jackal » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:14 am

I liked the last picture with the steep green hills and little waterfalls the best.

It's good to see that some of the ancient landscapes that inspired the classic ink brush paintings still exist and haven't been turned into shopping plazas.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Postby Winston » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:19 pm

Some more dazzling photos from China!

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:22 pm

DiscoPro_Joe wrote:Good pics, Winston.

I like them all except for the one in Pudong in Shanghai, because it was probably taken in 1996 (which is my guess). The 20th Century is, like, ancient history for China nowadays. :wink: hehe

I'll have to find some URL pics when I have time.

W: What is Pudong? Which one? Why wouldn't it exist after the 20th century?

Ok well if you see a pic that you like on the web, just right click on it, select "Copy Image Location" and then paste it here, between the tags [img]and[/img] and it should show up in the thread.

Hope these pics inspire you too!

Winston
Site Admin

Postby momopi » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:00 pm

Pudong ("East Bank") is a 520 sq km sized district of Shanghai, where the Oriental Pearl Tower is. If you see pictures of Shanghai with that funny looking tower with globes, it's Pudong.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... ght_01.jpg

Because the area is next to a river, the soil isn't really strong enough to support the weight of all the tall buildings. You can read more about it here:
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/en/doc/200 ... 289290.htm
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Winston » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:48 pm

Jackal wrote:I liked the last picture with the steep green hills and little waterfalls the best.

It's good to see that some of the ancient landscapes that inspired the classic ink brush paintings still exist and haven't been turned into shopping plazas.

W: Same here. I set the one with waterfalls as my desktop wallpaper. Dianne was mesmerized by it and wanted to go somewhere with nature, rather than dust and pollution like Angeles City.

There is an area called Hopi Falls in northern Arizona that looks similar to it. I was going to go to it but it was too far out of the way and I'd have to get a permit first too, as well as reserve a camping spot.

Winston
Site Admin

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand