Is it really this easy for white men in China (Hong Kong)?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
MatureDJ
Junior Poster

Is it really this easy for white men in China (Hong Kong)?

Post by MatureDJ »

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Is it really this easy for white men in China (Hong Kong)?

Post by zboy1 »

Some Asian woman are really self-hating and loathe being Asian, so, no...not surprising.
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

Could be easier in Hong Kong due to its colonial legacy, but I can only speak for the mainland.

In the mainland it depends. Some girls and their families might be worried about you because you're a foreigner, they're afraid you might leave China, but some are just conservative. However, from my experience, girls who are at least somewhat more educated and exposed to the world may be more open to at least giving you a chance. And then, of course, there's fate.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Dating in Zhejiang is really hard. But it's a very wealthy place. Also social connections are really important here.

Yesterday I found a whole part of this city I never knew existed. I thought I lived in the rich part... but there's an even richer part :roll:.

Just stay in one place for a long time and built up your social network. Oh, and throw your phone away and talk to people.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

When Chinese girls talk about liking 'white men' or 'foreigners' they mean the German football team, hollywood actors and Ronaldo - they're the people that usually get cited when they talk about 'foreigners/white guys' that pique their interest.

If you are average height, balding, scruffy, unhygenic etc etc white guy - then no, they don't mean YOU.

Just to save confusion on this topic - the more characteristics that make you stand out - height (very very important to be over six foot or as near as dammit), big muscles, good dress sense, smell nice and be clean, don't smoke etc - are far more important than being white skinned and of European DNA.

In fact, in China, your looks are judged FAR more harshly if you're white than they would ever be if you were a Chinese or Korean man. Chinese girls compare the average white guy to movie stars, they don't compare local fellas to Chinese movie stars.