Old fart farang gets attacked by young Thai man

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
MatureDJ
Junior Poster

Old fart farang gets attacked by young Thai man

Post by MatureDJ »

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Old fart farang gets attacked by young Thai man

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Looks like a man whose Western privilege ended at his airport arrival but he did not realize it.

Westerners need to realize that permitting Asians to save face goes a long way. This prick destroyed figurative face for the local so the local literally destroyed his face in return!
Horahngee
Freshman Poster

Post by Horahngee »

Good for that old white farang.

I bet you the farang thought he was still in the US or in whatever western shit hole he crawled out from, to live in Singapore, and thought he could mistreat the locals and look down on the male counterparts in East Asia.

yeah, plenty of those kind of white douchebags living in the Pacific Northwest where I currently live.

I some times get into road rage incidents with asshole truck drivers on the freeway in my area. Most of these Dodge Ram, Toyota Titan, etc, truck drivers tend to be scruff type of redneck-looking white guys who think they own the road.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

In the Pattaya area, where is my second home, of course you find a lot of foreigners who better should not be there, because of their arrogant and aggressive behavior. - On the other side, Thai people can react astonishing and unexpected very violently, not only men, but women too if they feel 'insulted'. Both of them were reacting by far over the top. This happens all the time. Sometimes among the Thais themselves, sometimes among foreigners, and sometimes Thai vs. foreigners. Not all are men, women are often violent too, throwing around beer bottles and ashtrays, even using knives...often drunk or under drugs...
This is an old case, about 1 year old, I have no idea what happened after, no update found. Police in Pattaya does not take such incidents very seriously and tries to get such incidents away from their desk.

For example, some foreign men are really idiots...daily Thai police routine in Pattaya
https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/crime/ ... in-pattaya
Woman arrested for drugging, robbing Italian in Pattaya

This is more serious, Thai police has to do something about such a guy
https://thethaiger.com/news/pattaya/pak ... in-pattaya
Pakistani terror suspect arrested in Pattaya