Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Not Sars Just Sex - Thailand Business Proposition

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Not Sars Just Sex - Thailand Business Proposition

Postby gits » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:32 am

Hello,

I thought I'd introduce myself to this forum. I have lived in Taiwan for the last 12 years mainly working as an ESL Teacher. I have been to 11 countries in Asia, and want to start distributing my book in Thailand. I want to print it in Thailand too!

If any of you have these types of connections, I would like to discuss working with you directly.

please check out my website:

www.notsarsjustsex.com

to see the type of book I have published. I just printed some hardbacks, which look great and not even on the site yet. I have a sequel to my book coming called The Oil Sands of Alberta.

I look forward to hearing from you.

gitsferrari@gmail.com
gits
Freshman Poster

Postby Winston » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:16 pm

Why would you want to sell or market a book about Taiwan in Thailand though?

Can you summarize what your book is about?

Didn't you say you wanted to distribute it in the Philippines before?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby gits » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:45 am

WWu777 wrote:Didn't you say you wanted to distribute it in the Philippines before?

I do ! and the same goes for the Philippines. It's just that I know the market better in Thailand, and want to start in one place first.

Do you know any good book printers there? I need printing quaotations from them so I can calculate if it will have a good profit margin to print there, or if I should just print here in Taiwan and ship them.

The book is about Me in Taipei during Sars.

I will actually send you an e-copy for free Winston. If you don't see it , remind me.
gits
Freshman Poster

Postby Winston » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:56 am

I don't know of printing companies in the Philippines, but I'm sure it'd be cheaper than in Taiwan. The thing is, information is hard to get here. You have to ask a lot of people and deal with a lot of mistakes, as accuracy and efficiency are not the norm here.

But I can try to find out if you're serious about it. Also, the quality might not be as great as in Taiwan, unless you're willing to spend more. I'm sure I can find something in Manila though. Did you try googling the information?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby gits » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:02 am

This is the Request for Quotation letter I have sent out already.

I would be interested in doing the same thing in the Philippines.

June 06, 2008

Dear Sir or Madam:

Subject: Request for book printing quotation of 100, 500 and 1000 quantities

Hello!

I'm interested in developing a relationship with a local printer to
print some books for use in the country and maybe other parts of Asia.

I'm interested in a trial run at first of 100 to 500 copies of an A5
sized paperback that I have already been printing in the USA and
Taiwan. Later assuming things go well with my market, I would like to
order 500 to 1000 copies at a time.

Specifications:

The size of the book is A5 and has 195 pages of text (no color).
Cover: Full Color + Laminated.

Please give me quotations for the following quantities:

100 500 1000

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me by email.

Thank You!
Yours Sincerely,

@gmail.com
Cell: +8869-3131-5489
Fax: +8862-2357-0651

------

I've already TAUGHT one printer how to do it, and have samples I could send. I wouldn't want to send samples to every prospective printer, so I could supply a photograph of the book.

I already have the cover and the PDF printable pdf for the book text
gits
Freshman Poster

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand