Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

A site for those seeking brides from China

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

A site for those seeking brides from China

Postby Winston » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:15 pm

Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby DiscoPro_Joe » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:12 pm

Thanks for the post. I browsed that website, but found that it really doesn't cater to my own personal tastes or desires. For example...

1. Those women seem to want to live outside of China, and get married outside of China. I want to live in China, and eventually get married there once I find the right person (and have had lots of time for the relationship to develop).

2. The website's women are culturally traditional, and many come from rural areas. I'm seeking a culturally-liberal, individualistic, classic feminist from an urban area in China where I'll be living. Contrary to what that website may portray, I understand that in modern urban China, the latter type of young women are actually in the majority there. The former type is more prevalent in rural China.

But anyway, that does seem to be a good website for traditional western men who prefer not to expatriate.
DiscoPro_Joe
Freshman Poster

Postby James G » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:32 pm

If you need a website to find a bride in China then you need a map to find your ass

~James
NOMAD MARKETING 101
Learn how to Travel and Live Around the World and Make Money at the Same time
James G
Freshman Poster

Location: Virginia, USA – Jakarta, Indonesia – Bangkok, Thailand

Postby Winston » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:02 pm

James Grey wrote:If you need a website to find a bride in China then you need a map to find your ass

~James

W: Some people like to plan every single detail of their trip before it begins,including their list of dates. They include control freaks and perfectionists. They just want everything ready and set up when they arrive, so that nothing goes wrong. The guy I came to the Philippines with was like that. He left nothing to chance.

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby James G » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:20 pm

Sorry - That was a joke

~James
NOMAD MARKETING 101
Learn how to Travel and Live Around the World and Make Money at the Same time
James G
Freshman Poster

Location: Virginia, USA – Jakarta, Indonesia – Bangkok, Thailand

Postby ladislav » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:36 pm

I have heard it is not that easy to find a Chinese girl as they are so much more demanding that Pinays. They want rich, young, handsome and there are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many men in China now that one will have to compete with oodles and oodles of them. I had a friend who went there and then he went to the Philippines and he never went back to China again. Plus they can be racist as hell. One American guy got married there and the parents do not even want him to come and visit lest the neigbors see that a foreign devil has anything to do with thier family. I say stay away unless you are rich, young, ethnic Chinese or Leonardo Di Caprio.

Then again, I may be wrong as some other guys went there and had a great time. I knew of two teachers, one 55 and one 65 and they just went there and are both well situated with 20+ y.o. gf's.

They have also told me that a Chinese girl walking witha foreign devil immediately has high status. Go figure.

The greatest mystery of international living is how one country can turn such different faces to different people. I can't understand the reason up until today.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Winston » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:06 pm

Not only that, but to get along with Chinese women, you also have to be very materialistic, closed minded, rigid, strict toward life, and believe in the singularity that there is only one right way to do everything and that all others are wrong, and that one's duty in life is to be obedient ("dweh" or "gwai" in Chinese, which are terms they way overuse to control people and point fingers at correcting others)

But of course, in China people are a bit more relaxed and open than in Taiwan or Japan. But the same basic Chinese mentality still applies.

And that's why Chinese women tend to dislike me or feel uncomfortable around me. Once they find out that I'm non-materialistic, they drop me and distance themselves from me. Either that, or they delude themselves that I'm still like them.

Plus they hate freethinkers or anyone who challenges authority, because they are taught that normal people are obedient to all authority, and never questioning anything. And since they believe that there is only one right way to do everything, it is not to be questioned even. Thus, to think freely is weird and uncomfortable to them, and goes against everything they were brought up as.

It's weird, but that's the best I can describe it.

Plus, Chinese girls don't like to touch people and so don't even like to shake hands. So if you're a sexual person, you feel very deprived. But of course, China may be different since it's a poor country with many desperate people.

Also, the percentage of Chinese girls that are attractive or hot is very very small.

Winston
Site Admin

Postby MatureDJ » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:26 am

Watching the cheerleaders and medal girls at the Olympics has got me a bit more interested in the Chinese woman. I understand that a man with good Euro Mediterranean features is a very hot commodity, and that height is not so important.
MatureDJ
Freshman Poster

Postby momopi » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:45 pm

MatureDJ wrote:Watching the cheerleaders and medal girls at the Olympics has got me a bit more interested in the Chinese woman. I understand that a man with good Euro Mediterranean features is a very hot commodity, and that height is not so important.

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/ ... 54,00.html

"In a country that has hundreds of qualified applicants for every job, height minimums are one way to whittle down the competition. "You don't have to be tall to be good at computers," says Ma Xiang, a recruiter for a consortium of online companies in Beijing, which requires that female applicants be at least 1.6 m tall (the average height of Chinese women). "But it's one of the ways we can limit the number of rEsumEs we get."
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Repatriate » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:34 pm

ladislav wrote:Then again, I may be wrong as some other guys went there and had a great time. I knew of two teachers, one 55 and one 65 and they just went there and are both well situated with 20+ y.o. gf's.

I'd be wary as hell of any 20ish Chinese girl hooking up with an old man as a g/f. Chinese women aren't like Thai or Filipinas. They aren't gently "naive" or open minded in this way and the culture doesn't cultivate this type of relationship. These women are probably much closer to the attitudes of American women than you might believe. Then factor in a lifetime of poverty in China etc.. and it their motives become pretty hardened and cynical. They are as risky or maybe even riskier than your typical Russian bride.
They have also told me that a Chinese girl walking witha foreign devil immediately has high status. Go figure.

Unless he's fantastically rich and or someone famous I seriously doubt that. The most common thought is "maybe she's foreign" or "hmm she's Chinese and a local? Maybe she's a hooker" If she lacks tact or obvious education then it's definitely more the latter than the former.

I know a lot about Chinese culture in general and let me tell you something. Chinese women can smell weakness or opportunity in a man a mile away. It's not a "simple" culture in this regard people are extremely judgmental.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Postby Winston » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:27 am

Repatriate wrote:
ladislav wrote:Then again, I may be wrong as some other guys went there and had a great time. I knew of two teachers, one 55 and one 65 and they just went there and are both well situated with 20+ y.o. gf's.

I'd be wary as hell of any 20ish Chinese girl hooking up with an old man as a g/f. Chinese women aren't like Thai or Filipinas. They aren't gently "naive" or open minded in this way and the culture doesn't cultivate this type of relationship. These women are probably much closer to the attitudes of American women than you might believe. Then factor in a lifetime of poverty in China etc.. and it their motives become pretty hardened and cynical. They are as risky or maybe even riskier than your typical Russian bride.

Unless he's fantastically rich and or someone famous I seriously doubt that. The most common thought is "maybe she's foreign" or "hmm she's Chinese and a local? Maybe she's a hooker" If she lacks tact or obvious education then it's definitely more the latter than the former.

I know a lot about Chinese culture in general and let me tell you something. Chinese women can smell weakness or opportunity in a man a mile away. It's not a "simple" culture in this regard people are extremely judgmental.

In my experience Chinese women are as masterialistic as Western women but they aren't vultures or seeking to exploit weaknesses in others. I've never been to China but this is my experience with Chinese women in the US and Taiwan.

They are also very loyal and faithful. But they are also strict and bossy, and very materialistic minded. Very few of them follow any Taoist or Buddhistic principles in their life.

In fact, when I tell Chinese women about my views against conforming to materialism, they usually get turned off by it and cast me out. To them, conformity to materialism equals success and anything outside of that is "bad" or "idle".

That's why I don't tend to get along well with them.

Plus, their approach to life is being strict and controlling. That's their "way".

But I don't think they are clever enough to trick men or manipulative them or deceive them. Their mind is too one dimensional for that, as well as too rigid and closed. Tricking people requires a more flexible mindset.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: A site for those seeking brides from China

Postby Merlin » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:56 am

WWu777 wrote:http://www.chnlove.com/

This site is mostly a rip-off designed to get you to pay for a letter translating service. The girls seem to fall in love with you instantly, but then want to use the translation service to exchange banalities. But I said, mostly, because there are some real women on it - which you can ascertain when they contact you by private email and send pics. At least there are no Russian or Nigerian scammers on it - it's just a Chinese scam.

Guys - forget internet dating. Just get on a plane.
Merlin
Freshman Poster

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand