Where do you find non-materialistic girls in Asia?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Momopi? Ladislav?

I find that if you tell most Chinese or Taiwanese girls that you're non-materialistic and above that shit, they get turned off and think you're a strange freak.

Do you advise churches? Spiritual groups? New Age groups? Backpacker clubs? The thing is, most of the girls there are just looking for friends and move super slow and aren't into romance much.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Just speaking from personal experience, the ones who can afford the church-volunteer or perpetual student lifestyle, are from more wealthy Taiwanese families. They can support their kids to do volunteer work for the Church, going to seminars and religious training, or go back to school for a 2nd degree.

These kids usually hook up with kids from other wealthy Taiwanese families, and when they get married, their parents buy them a new house and increase their allowance. In return the married couple pop kids to keep the grandparents happy.

I've been to 2 such weddings this year in Los Angeles. None of them (bride or groom) has a "real job", and their new house in Diamond Bar cost over a million dollars.

Kids from poor-er families cannot possibly afford such, and must work their butt off to maintain middle-income lifestyle in urban cities. If you tell them that you're not interested in making money, well, probably not what they're looking for. You could always find exceptions in the music/artist scene, of course.

Last edited by momopi on November 15th, 2008, 9:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I don't tell them, "I'm not interested in making money." I just say that I do not judge people by their career or economic status. Nor do I deem another person worthless without a job or that the purpose of life is to work hard. That sort of goes over their head.

Everyone takes what money they can get and everyone will work hard at what they love. But not everyone will work hard just for the sake of working hard. It's a matter of values. If I love acting, I will work hard for a performance, even though I'm not making anything from it. But if I hate accounting, I won't work hard if I have a job as an accountant, even if I'm making good money at it, but the Chinese mentality is to work hard and sweat just for the virtue of it, not in "doing what you love regardless of the consequences".
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

By the way momopi, remember when we were in that art gallery next to the beach in LA eating oerdeuves with yuppies and snobs, and we met this cute Asian lady who asked us some qualifying questions that you said were designed to gauge our financial status?

What were those questions again? Do you remember?

It was also funny when you told me that the reason yuppies in LA acted overly optimistic was because they had a sheltered easy life. lol

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I would say Japan. But you need money to just maintain a normal lifestyle there. The girls would not ask ou for money directly but everything will end up costing you an arm and a leg.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

It's not difficult to gauge someone's income in OC. You simply ask where they live and what they do for work. Median family income in Cota de Caza is $140k, vs. Santa Ana is $40k. People who work in regular jobs will fit into salary brackets. Those who don't fit in sets off alarm bells, for better (if you're a trust fund baby) or worse.

From experience, the most bluntly materialistic people I've delt with here are from the import auto scene. The men are more shady than Vietnamese coffee bars, the cars are fast, and the women even faster. Want to get laid with amateur models with implants? Run a successful import auto magazine featuring different cover girl + centerfold every issue. Don't trust the girls or your business partner(s), and always demand payment up-front.

Disclaimer: I've only dated girls FROM Japan, and not IN Japan.

Japan is like most other industrialized Asian countries, where the capital city is expensive and lesser areas cheaper. Some Japanese girls will never ask their BF's for money, other than expecting you to pay for dinner. A small numer will pimp themselves via enjo kosai through telekura clubs, or private social-networking sites. The "compensation" can be very high. For those who don't know what it means, read here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enjo_k%C5%8Dsai
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telekura
http://www.asian-nation.org/import-racing.shtml

rabbithabit
Freshman Poster

Re: Where do you find non-materialistic girls in Asia?

Post by rabbithabit »

guy saying he is non materialistic is a huge turn off for any asian girl and suspect any girl anywhere.
Cute Rabbit
redfeather
Freshman Poster

Post by redfeather »

Winston,
I want to address your search for non materialistic women.
I believe it is a fallacy to search for non materialistic women.
I just returned from two weeks in the Philippines, and I watched and observed what was going on around me.
If a woman is interested in you in Asia and in the Philippines she is going to want to know that if she gets into a solo relationship with you...that you have the financial means to provide for her to some extent.
She wants to know that you are not a broke bum coming over looking for women.
From what I saw in the Phils...yes the woman wants to know that you have the means to pay for things like hotels and meals and buy her some small stuff.
I did not get the impression that my gf was after me for my money, but they simply want to get a little better life than they live in now.
My gf has not asked me how much money I make, but she knows that I am a retired Army Colonel.
If your relationship progresses to the point of bringing them over to the USA...they want to know that they will have a place to live and not be living in your parents basement.
From my many years of dating American women which are super materialistic...I did not even think the Phils women were even close to AW in the materialistic department.
From what you have said before...you are not interested in LTR...If a guy does not want a wife or a LTR...he would probably be better off just sticking to AC and the bar girls and doing the P4P route.
I am sure that even the bar girls want to know that you have the money to pay them because that is their line of work.
So, I believe it is a fallacy to search for women that are not materialistic...all women will want to know that you can support them to some extent.
The only women that might not want to know about materialistic abilities are usually the hippie types...free love...and do drugs and have no responsibility.
If you want the strong independent woman that you don't have to buy anything for...then there is a big bunch in America and the UK...but I do not think you will enjoy them.
Retired Army Colonel (Combat Arms)
rabbithabit
Freshman Poster

Post by rabbithabit »

So, I believe it is a fallacy to search for women that are not materialistic...all women will want to know that you can support them to some extent.

This is absolutely true in any country, no girl wants to give it up to a lazy, poor loser with no ambition beyond sex for free
Cute Rabbit
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Yeah, females are by their nature selfish greedy parasites, so if you want a long term relationship with one you need to be making their lives materially better in some way. That is as opposed to if you want casual sex, which you might get by being some kind of degenerate they were into.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I don't suppose there are any Buddhist convents. Maybe Roman Catholic convents would be the place to look for non-materialistic girls in Asia. But they are nuns.

Otherwise, I don't think there is a physical location where nonmaterialistic women congregation. It depends on the individual woman. My wife is rather low on the spectrum of materialism, I would say, but she does occasionally say she would like us to own a house. We've sort of been nomads. We may settle down at some point.

I would not say Indonesia is a nonmaterialistic country. It depends on the individual, not the country they are from. IDo you know of a culture that is predominantly not materialistic?
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

rabbithabit wrote:
October 5th, 2018, 7:27 pm

This is absolutely true in any country, no girl wants to give it up to a lazy, poor loser with no ambition beyond sex for free
I do not think you are right. It's not 'absolutely' true....

In Western countries you will find a lot of women who will always give priority to bad boys, even keep in contact with them while in jail - and such girls usually reject any honest man.

And this is true not only in Western countries, some women in Asian countries like Thailand are also known to be pretty bad,
cheating honest foreign men who are looking for a long-term relationship, asking for money from them and give it to their Thai boyfriends.

There are plenty of stupid girls out who share with such useless men their money - sometimes in return of drugs...
It's less about money, but about an 'exciting life-style' - something what ordinary men cannot offer to women.

In Asia I cannot say, all women are better of course, but it is about proportion, it is easier for Western men to find a nice honest girl in Asia than to find a nice honest girl in Western countries. Maybe in Western countries 80 women are bad and 20 are good, and in Asian countries it is the opposite, maybe 80 are ok, and 20 are useless...and there is a larger selection of women, as Asian countries have a huge population - somewhat this is my impression.
Carnio
Freshman Poster

Post by Carnio »

Last edited by Carnio on October 27th, 2019, 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rabbithabit
Freshman Poster

Post by rabbithabit »

they hook up with bad boys as a thrill not a relationship
Cute Rabbit
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

I believe that had you persisted your search and effort in settling down in the mainland, that eventually you would have found someone who fits the definition of being non-materialistic (if Hammy wasn't already non-materialistic enough). Shenzhen's not a place to live, nor will it ever be, it's one of those places that was created for pretty much the sole purpose of careerism and flaunting wealth.

Let's face it, Asia, including China, is changing for the worse. Careerism, feminism are on the rise. Anyone who thinks feminism decrease hypergamy is kidding, because it only makes women feel more entitled to materialistic benefits. Time's running out. However, given the time and effort, I believe it's still possible to find a woman in a place like mainland China, Viet Nam etc. who doesn't want anything but a stable and simple life. Of course, many of those girls may not be accessible without the relevant language skills.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!