Ladislav, is this video about Thai women true?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Winston
Site Admin

Ladislav, is this video about Thai women true?

Post by Winston »

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Ladislav, is this video about Thai women true?

Post by ladislav »

There have been such dating clubs in Thailand for a long time. I have been to those and seen their girls. The ones who want to marry a 'foreign' , read: NON ORIENTAL-looking man, usually, a white man- in Thailand, called a 'farang', are of the following variety:

1) very poor and rural
2) not a virgin anymore
3) not pretty enough
4) involved in some shameful trade such as bar girl,karaoke hostess/ singer, etc.
5) not enough education- sixth grade tops.
6) divorced with kids
7) too old
8) not an ethnic Thai- Lao or Khmer.

In other words, those girls who are looked down upon and seen as undesirable by good Thai men look for foreign- read: NON-ORIENTAL men. Most do not want to do it, and most would prefer someone of their own race and culture. Thailand has never been colonized, so foreign ( read, non Oriental) men are seen as ineffectual for the most part. Mixed kids also have problems.

Again, there are exceptions to the rule. If the foreign man is a big ambassador or some big CEO, he will meet a secretary or some junior manager at his company and marry, but, by-and-large, good quality girls are devilishly hard to come by in Thailand for 'non-Orientals". The stigma is big on dating whites/blacks/Indians. Not one of those of the same race, though. I had a Malaysian friend in Thailand, and he had a great time, and was so much more accepted than I was. (You Asian Americans can gloat now!).

Also, clubs, bars and other such establishments outside the tourist areas will usually kick non Oriental people out /not let them in. I have been kicked out of a few places in Thailand. Generally, if you are an Oriental man and feel discriminated against in the West you should go to Thailand and have your revenge there. You will be enjoying warm acceptance while white guys that you know will be mocked daily, overcharged, kicked out of bars, called all kinds of insulting epithets and generally treated as foreigners. You can savor the sweetness of it all.

Thais do not consider other Oriental people as 'foreigners' as a rule. But whites are always foreigners no matter how many years in the country.

If you are white/black/non-oriental, meaning you do not look like this:

http://www.amandaleejones.com/oil_galle ... %20Man.jpg

Thailand is not the best place for you. Lots of people hate you there. Stay away please.

Go to the Philippines.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

ladislav wrote:
There have been such dating clubs in Thailand for a long time. I have been to those and seen their girls. The ones who want to marry a 'foreign' , read: NON ORIENTAL-looking man, usually, a white man- in Thailand, called a 'farang', are of the following variety:

1) very poor and rural
2) not a virgin anymore
3) not pretty enough
4) involved in some shameful trade such as bar girl,karaoke hostess/ singer, etc.
6) divorced with kids
7) too old

In other words, those girls who are looked down upon and seen as undesirable by good Thai men look for foreign- read: NON-ORIENTAL men. Most do not want to do it, and most would prefer someone of their own race and culture. Thailand has never been colonized, so foreign ( read, non Oriental) men are seen as ineffectual for the most part. Mixed kids also have problems.

Again, there are exceptions to the rule. If the foreign man is a big ambassador or some big CEO, he will meet a secretary or some junior manager at his company and marry, but, by-and-large, good quality girls are devilishly hard to come by in Thailand for 'non-Orientals". The stigma is big on dating whites/blacks/Indians. Not one of those of the same race, though. I had a Malaysian friend in Thailand, and he had a great time, and was so much more accepted than I was. (You Asian Americans can gloat now!).

Also, clubs, bars and other such establishments outside the tourist areas will usually kick non Oriental people out /not let them in. I have been kicked out of a few places in Thailand. Generally, if you are an Oriental man and feel discriminated against in the West you should go to Thailand and have your revenge there. You will be enjoying warm acceptance while white guys that you know will be mocked daily, overcharged, kicked out of bars, called all kinds of insulting epithets and generally treated as foreigners. You can savor the sweetness of it all.

Thais do not consider other Oriental people as 'foreigners' as a rule. But whites are always foreigners no matter how many years in the country.

Thailand is not the best place for you. Lots of people hate you there. Stay away please.

Go to the Philippines.
It's funny I saw this post as I'm planning on doing a video on "What it's like to be a white man in Thailand."

I have lived here for 17 years, read, write (a little) and speak Thai. I've worked with, and spent time with Thai men who were as low-level as bar girls, spent time with Thai boxing legends (Khaosai Galaxy, Samart Payakaroon, Chartchai Chionoi), wealthy, wealthy businessmen, and even a Senator. While I am cautious and careful about who I keep close to me, I've always been treated fairly well, at least as well as I would expect to be treated by anyone, sometimes much better.

More than likely, I've been with a far wider range of women than anyone who has only been in Thailand for a few months or even a couple of years. I've been with Thai women who were hookers, waitresses in all sorts of restaurants, massage parlor workers, go-go dancers, coyote dancers, women spoiled by Daddy and didn't work, worked at 7'11, bank tellers, hospital admin girls, nurses, students, Pizza Hut cashiers, etc., etc. A wide range of women from lower class to upper middle class.

Many foreigners or Farang / Farang-seht who come to Thailand alone or with male friends eventually end up where women speak English - in Nana, Cowboy, PatPong, Pattaya, Phuket - entertainment areas. The women who work these areas are generally uneducated farm girls from the Issaan province. Men fall for bar girls here with surprising easy. They always seem to think their girl is different. They're not. The guys who are smart enough and strong enough to make it out of the landmine of Thai hos generally learn enough to get regular non-hooker Thai women.

Perhaps I am the exception to the rule — I'm not though - but I know many foreigners with Thai girlfriends and wives who have never sold their tails or worked in bars. I'm not a CEO, I don't look like Brad Pitt, I'm not tall, I'm not fantastically wealthy — the only thing I have going for me is I never had a problem getting laid in the US or elsewhere. My wife is not from Issaan, she's from Suratthani (not Koh Samui either), she grew up middle class, graduated university, was a virgin, and never worked in "shameful trade." When I met her she spoke some English, now we never speak in Thai to one another, only English.

Oh, and while Thais might not like her because she is dark skinned, she is cute, has straight teeth, and has a great ass and great legs. When I met her I thought she looked like Marlon Brando's love interest in Mutiny On The Bounty, so much so I used to call her my Tahiti girl. When I met her she was 21 years old, I was 35, she was 48 kilos, now after she's had two of my children, she's 50 kilos. She also has a good job, works her ass off, and at one point was making $3000 a month. She's not with me for the cash.

As far as being discriminated against:

I've never been kicked out of a bar, period. The only time I wasn't allowed into a club is when I tried to get into a Japanese-only massage parlor.

There is some stigma against blacks, yes, more so against Indians, Pakistanis, Africans, and Middle Easterners. Less so with those from the Middle East.

Here is a vid from the perspective of a black American:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHOgrhmvXOs

Honestly, I've been to every major city in Thailand and many small cities too - never had a problem getting into a club or being forced to leave. I've been to Thai only places and Thai-Western places and never a problem.

As far as Orientals doing well in Thailand, if you're a white-skinned Japanese or Korean you'll get more tail than you can handle. But when I was single I did too, so what does this say?

I hung out with James G (Korean) - who was on this forum in 2008-2009 - and actually worked with him for about a year (2010). He never got regular Thai women, ever. He always paid and paid way too much. He had plenty of cash at the time though and he didn't care. He would pay a girl $2000-$2500 a month to be his girl for the month. Could he have gotten laid? Maybe, maybe not.

You will be enjoying warm acceptance while white guys that you know will be mocked daily

Really? I speak excellent Thai and if Thais speak about me, it's generally nothing more than calling me a farang. Mocked, no. You might get mocked if you're playing kissy face with some Thai ho or walking around with her, but your experiences and mine are polar opposite.

Overcharged

Rarely. If you're a tourist and don't know the rules of the game, definitely more so, but the only time I might get overcharged is at someplace like a national park. Usually I've shown my marriage or retirement visa and get the same price as the Thais.

Kicked out of bars

If you mouth off or do something wrong, yes, you'll get the boot. But elsewhere, as long as you're polite and don't make trouble, it's not going to happen. Occasionally you may run into some Thai who has a hard-on for foreigners - he doesn't like they make more money or bang Thai women or whatever, but these types are few and far between.

Called all kinds of insulting epithets

This has happened to me once when I accidentally bumped into a guy with his girlfriend walking down the street. I responded and told him to f**k your mother and we nearly came to blows. For whatever reason, his girlfriend pulled him away.

And generally treated as foreigners. You

I will never be Thai, just like I'll never be Japanese or Chinese or Laotian or Cambodian or Burmese or Vietnamese, Malaysian, Singaporean, or Indonesian. I've been to all of these places many times and Thai people treat foreigners well, for the most part. No worse than any of these countries.

When Thais ask me questions about myself and hear my Thai, hear I have a wife, two kids, and have been here many years, they often say, "Oh you are Thai already." But I know better. I am an American and proud to be one. I just like traveling and living in different places.

As far as Winston's video being true - if you hang out with dogs, you get fleas. In other words, if you hang out with poor prostitutes, do you really NOT expect them to want your money? To them, all foreigners are rich. If you have the money to come to Thailand and stay a while, you are rich enough to pay for this so you are rich.

If you go into it thinking, I can bang beautiful, young, sexy women for relatively little money, you won't get hurt and you can have a good time. Most good Thai girls don't jump in the sack with Thai men on their first date or even in the first month. There is a saying here in Thai, ผมอยากรู้จักคุณนานๆ - Phom yaak rujak khun nan nan - I want to know you for a long time (before they get physical with you). So the Thai men with a little money use the prostitutes or semi-pros for sex while they date their girl. The problem is many don't stop once they get serious with their girlfriend and the girlfriend finds out.

Last but not least - lots of people hate you there? I'm not the sort of guy who lets anyone push me around or talk smack without a rebuttal and while you may find the occasional Thai - red shirt type - that hates on foreigners, as I said earlier, these types are few and far between.

In addition to living in Bangkok, I've spent long periods of time (2 weeks - a year) in Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Mae Sot, Pattaya (shithole IMO), Udonthani, Nongkhai, Sakaew, Phuket, Nakorn Si Thammarat, Nakorn Ratchisima, Suratthani, Mukdahan, Trat, Trang, and I'm sure I'm leaving a few cities out...and in all of my years here the biggest problems I've had were either caused by me or were problems with westerners.

Also, I have two sons. They're Thai-American and 12 and 10 years old. They've been treated extremely well in their schools (bilingual) and are two of the most popular kids in their class. I was surprised when I went to their Christmas function...they had lots of friends and when they were called up for an award, all the little girls were screaming and calling out their names. They're going to get smoking hot Thai chicks when they get a little older and I'm prepping them on what to do and not to do.

So to me, telling people to "stay away from Thailand, lots of people hate you there," is a 180 difference from my experience living here. I'm not saying they're perfect by any means or don't piss me off sometimes, but for the most part they're a helluva lot better than what you give them credit far.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Americaninbangkok.

Thank you for sharing. But personal experiences, while totally valid, are anecdotal.

Based on mine, I do not recommend that any white guy should go and settle in Thailand. If you are an Oriental-looking person, then, by all means. I guess, based on your experience, you would agree that Thailand is a great place to live. I don't think so.

And it all boils down to one person's experience and then experiences of the people he knows/knew.

A case in point: I rave about Saudi Arabia all the time- what great country, great culture and great people. Others look at me as if I was a nut case and present their experiences of having been treated badly, attacked, spat upon, and severely discriminated against and threatened. Some did not even come back alive. During a spat ( pun not intended) of terrorist attacks, several Western compounds were invaded by suicide bombers and people died. On one compound in Riyadh, 17 people were killed.

Many people would often tell me that they were treated like lepers by the local population.

My experience? I was treated with smiles everywhere I went. The people were super warm and kind and welcoming and telling me they wanted me to stay there all my life. I have nothing but good things to say about it. I left with a whole bunch of money, learned conversational Arabic and tied my life with Saudis for many years to come. I consider them to be angels who saved me from financial ruin.

Others curse them for the devils that they are.

Does it invalidate their opinions and experiences? No.

The Philippines turned its good face to me, too- I rave about it all the time. I feel great affinity to the country and get treated very well. In most cases, that is. But I have a friend, a French guy who lives in Cebu, and he hates it and he says people hate him and treat him bad. Hmm, so what gives? It's not as easy as dismissing it outright as that being the fault of the person while the hosts are not at fault at all.

The same goes for immigrants to the US and minorities here. Some people experience a kind and gentle nation which turns its friendly, welcoming face to them and who will also use the phrase " never happened to me" all the time.

Others suffer deeply in endless loneliness and isolation. And I will not blame the "victims".

I still have to figure out why this happens, but one thing is certain- all of it is anecdotal and depends on many factors luck being the greatest. Then, it is the economic status, physical appearance, age, body language and personality. Most Thais do not like me or respect me no matter what I do. And I have friends who experienced the same thing and well, I do not doubt the validity of what they went through, either.

Ultimately, it's up for the reader to decide.

PS: Changing nationality socially speaking is not possible if you don't look and don't sound like the majority of locals. Even in America. Many Asians report the same thing- they live in the US for decades and they are still treated like foreigners and they have citizenship and all. The important thing is how this will affect your daily life in terms of making money and social acceptance. In Latin America, for example, never becoming a local will not affect your life in any palpable way.

PPS: As far as being kicked out of bars- in the early 1990s, many Thai bars and membership clubs adopted a "no-farangs" policy because of AIDS. It happened to me and some friends I had. I guess by now, the AIDS scare is off and the prohibition is off, too. Their arrogance and feeling like the Master Race of Asia is diminished as well after the Asian financial crisis of 1997. They were getting a swelled head and were becoming too big for their breaches. The crisis was a lesson to them.
Last edited by ladislav on May 22nd, 2013, 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

ladislav wrote:Americaninbangkok.

Thank you for sharing. But personal experiences, while totally valid, are anecdotal.

Based on mine, I do not recommend that any white guy should go and settle in Thailand. If you are an Oriental-looking person, then, by all means. I guess, based on your experience, you would agree that Thailand is a great place to live. I don't think so.

And it all boils down to one person's experience and then experiences of the people he knows/knew.

A case in point: I rave about Saudi Arabia all the time- what great country, great culture and great people. Others look at me as if I was a nut case and present their experiences of having been treated badly, attacked, spat upon, and severely discriminated against and threatened. Some did not even come back alive. During a spat ( pun not intended) of terrorist attacks several Western compounds were invaded by suicide bombers and people died. In one compound in Riyadh, 17 people were killed.

Many people would often tell me that they were treated like lepers by the local population.

My experience? I was treated with smiles everywhere I went. The people were super warm and kind and welcoming and telling me they wanted me to stay there all my life. I have nothing but good things to say about it. I left with a whole bunch of money, learned conversational Arabic and tied my life with Saudis for many years to come. I consider them to be angels who saved me from financial ruin.

Others curse them for the devils that they are.

Does it invalidate their opinions and experiences? No.

The Philippines turned its good face to me, too- I rave about it all the time. I feel great affinity to the country and get treated very well. In most cases, that is. But I have a friend, a French guy who lives in Cebu and he hates it and he says people hate him and treat him bad. Hmm, so what gives? It's not as easy as dismissing it outright as that being the fault of the person while the hosts are all wonderful, kind and friendly.

The same goes for immigrants to the US and minorities here. Some people experience and kind and gentle nation which turns its friendly, kind face to them and who will also use the phrase " never happened to me" all the time.

Others suffer deeply in endless loneliness and isolation. And I will not blame the victims.

I still have to figure out why this happens, but one thing is certain- all of it is anecdotal and depends on many factors luck being the greatest. Then, it is the economic status, appearance, body language and personality. Thais do not like me or respect me no matter what I do. And I have friends who experienced the same thing and well, I do not doubt the validity of what they went through, either.

Ultimately, it's up for the reader to decide.
Seriously, I find it hard to believe someone would strongly warn people away from living in Thailand.

Lot's of people hate you there? 50%? Is this anecdotal or fact? The reason I wonder about this is because I've never felt 50% of the people hated me anywhere. I was the only white face in Guyana when I went there and was treated splendidly. I've been in Cambodia close to 50 times, all the way back to when the military was walking the streets with machine guns, never a problem. Same with Myanmar and I went as a photojournalist and was there when the monks were killed and the streets were filled with rioters. Maybe I was lucky, or maybe it has to do with how I deal with the people, I don't know.

Now I'm working on going to the Congo, Somolia, and Pakistan...hopefully my "luck" will hold out.

Every place has it's good points and bad points but many of the things you wrote is atypical Thai behavior.

That said, I don't know you and you don't know me. Perhaps your personality does not mesh with the Thai way of doing things, I don't know. I know that when I first got here I was outspoken, brash, and didn't give a f**k if they liked me or not. All I wanted to do was bang women and have a good time. As I got to know the culture and as I matured, I mellowed. I've been on Thai TV a couple of times, in magazines, and for a period of 8-10 years I was in the public eye every so often. Believe me, some of the Thais did not like me because if I thought they were full of shit, I told them so. That's me, I call it as I see it. As time passed, I realized that in the end, being full of shit, and my telling them what I thought, didn't matter one way or the other. Even when I was confrontational, rarely did I have any problems.

I agree, it's up to the reader. But the way some of these guys think because of what's been posted, white guys here get no play or only get play with Thai hos, Asian guys are the man. This is simply not true. As I said, James G and I used to hang out. He was earning serious cash and was willing to spend it. He was average looking, knew about gaming chicks, and he couldn't get laid by a non-whore to save himself. Sure he's only one example but I know many other white boys who get major play from girls working in banks, clothing stores, anywhere and everywhere outside of the whore zones.
clowny
Freshman Poster

Post by clowny »

anamericaninbangkok wrote:I agree, it's up to the reader. But the way some of these guys think because of what's been posted, white guys here get no play or only get play with Thai hos, Asian guys are the man. This is simply not true. As I said, James G and I used to hang out. He was earning serious cash and was willing to spend it. He was average looking, knew about gaming chicks, and he couldn't get laid by a non-whore to save himself. Sure he's only one example but I know many other white boys who get major play from girls working in banks, clothing stores, anywhere and everywhere outside of the whore zones.
People that I know who visited thailand have told me a different story to what ladislav is saying, as far as being a foreigner in thailand is concerned. I heard that if you're a tall, muscular white guy, thai women flock to you because you are exotic to them...as you are so different from the typically short, slender, effeminate thai men.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

I'm short but definitely not effeminate, and have had no problem getting women here. They never really flocked to me but I almost always had more than I could handle.
Anonymous1
Freshman Poster

Post by Anonymous1 »

ladislav wrote:

1) very poor and rural
2) not a virgin anymore
3) not pretty enough
6) divorced with kids
7) too old

Go to the Philippines.
if that is the reason you say to avoid thailand then Philippines isnt the best place to go either