LYING GIRLS OF THE PHILIPPINES

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

LYING GIRLS OF THE PHILIPPINES

Post by WorldTraveler »

I have found that girls of the Philippines all seem to be big liars. They seem to all rather lie and create a big story than to tell the truth.
-
I don't trust ANY girls in the Phil. now. They seem to all want you to give or send them money for some desperate crisis: baby in hospital, mom in hospital, purse stolen, robbery, kidnapping, etc. etc. etc.
-
Example of what a lying bunch girls in Phil. are: there are 1000 girls from Calbayog City, Simar, on Filipina Heart and half don't show their pictures. Why? Because they are cheating on one or more boy friends.
-
I'd like to hear your experiences with this bad habit.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Most native Asian cultures lie, it's part of their society and considered normal. It's all about gaining or losing face with others. Although PI if you can believe it is probably one of the lesser lying places in Asia, compared to the other countries. Countries like Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam are notorious for lying to your face and you know it, and they still will not admit it! If you're going to have an Asian GF or wife from their original countries pretty much you have to accept lying as part of the package, unless you luck out and find one that understands and is willing to adapt to the western perspective associated with lying, but they are rare here. You generally won't find one unless you happen to live in a particular Asian country for more than a year and can test the waters with various girls. I found a few that could be trusted, but considering I have been here almost 5 years now, the odds are stacked against you. Even the well educated ones tend to be liars, it's just part of the cultural tradition. This is why I am not entirely sold on having a long term Asian wife or GF. I'm going to explore the world a bit more before I say whether Asian woman are the best to have or not. But women are generally crazy anyways so men are probably f***ed no matter what region of the world they try to find a wife or gf in. I think women get mentally more unstable as they get older and they they don't have their looks to flaunt anymore. I look at all my relatives that are female and i don't think one of them is normal or not bitching about something health related.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
James G
Freshman Poster
Location: Virginia, USA – Jakarta, Indonesia – Bangkok, Thailand

Post by James G »

All Bargirls and lower class girls in Southeast Asia lie and hustle, the lower class ones learn to lie so they can eat and survive – the bargirls are hookers so what do you expect.

I have dated stewardess, ring card girls and so called “rich girls� in the Philippines – none have lied, asked me for a single penny or BSed me ever.

Change your class of ladies, don’t date hookers and the ladies attitudes and morals are day and night
NOMAD MARKETING 101
Learn how to Travel and Live Around the World and Make Money at the Same time
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

But James, most of the middle class girls and above, or at least the girls who have SOME money, are not seeking dates. They are either really shy and only want text mates, just want to be platonic friends, or are cliquish and only go out with their classmates or workmates, or are already taken. It's the ones that want your money that tend to be the friendliest and hustle you.

How do you solve that dilemma?

BTW, it is not true that lying is an Asian thing. Taiwanese and Japanese people do not tend to lie, unless it's a white lie and they don't want to hurt your feelings. But they don't lie recklessly or to gain profit.

In Taiwan, there are no security guards at the doors of shopping centers and supermarkets like in the PI. And the airport in Taiwan uses very loose security measures on Taiwanese passengers, because they know 100 percent that Taiwanese passengers will NEVER hijack a plane. They never have, ever. Their morals are extremely strict.

And the girls there usually are so prudish that they don't even like to shake hands..........
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Sure, the Philippines has plenty of liars and golddiggers. But the great Pinays more than make up for the bad ones.
I had a Filipina GF who turned out to be an incredibly pathological liar. But she certainly didn't turn me against
all Pinays.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

My experience working directly in Asia, whether it has been in Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, South Korea and Philippines is the same. From my understanding and experience whether they are lower or higher class is that it is a cultural norm to lie to save face. Many can do it with a smile and have no concern for what they are doing. The poorer and uneducated ones that most westerner's come across just aren't used to them when they are just visiting and get conned easier. The educated and ones with money still lie, but it's harder to figure it out as they know how to be deceptive without being caught, unless your intuition is strong enough to investigate things on the side.

I find westerners generally lie less to people's faces, however instead of lying they hold back information and don't give you the complete story so that they can't be implicated in any future outcomes directly. I've gotten screwed by more westerners in this fashion as I'm good at picking up lies, but obviously its harder to avert problems when gaps of information are withheld for various reasons.

Every culture and person lies to some degree, it's just a matter of in which situations and how often. However when I am working with Asians and at the moment I am dealing with Filipino's and Koreans, I have to keep two steps ahead of whatever game they are playing. Asians find you useful as long as you can make them money in some way, knowing that, you can play the game with them to your own advantage; westerners have the ability to think ahead, think outside the box and come up with long term contingencies which I find native-born Asians tend to lack in general.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

In both the Philippines and back in Russia, I asked people if they ever heard of the "Boy who cried wolf" parable. It seems few have ever heard of it or were taught its moral lesson that once you lie, you lose credibility and people no longer believe you or will help you when you have a real crisis.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Raja
Freshman Poster

Post by Raja »

WWu777 wrote:
BTW, it is not true that lying is an Asian thing. Taiwanese and Japanese people do not tend to lie, unless it's a white lie and they don't want to hurt your feelings. But they don't lie recklessly or to gain profit.

In Taiwan, there are no security guards at the doors of shopping centers and supermarkets like in the PI. And the airport in Taiwan uses very loose security measures on Taiwanese passengers, because they know 100 percent that Taiwanese passengers will NEVER hijack a plane. They never have, ever. Their morals are extremely strict.

I guess Taiwan is just lucky that they don't have Marxist and Muslim terrorist. If they had any group which considered itself cutoff from the mainstream or dominated by lawmakers of "the wrong or corrupted faith" then you will find security levels upgraded to Korean or Filipino standards.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

The Japanese girls are VERY honest as a rule and do not lie. Also, Central Asians- Kazakhs, Kyrgiz are pretty honest people. Asia is a big place.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!