The Philippines, To go or not to go.

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
gmm567
Freshman Poster

it's the link above you "airfare."

Post by gmm567 »

or here:

http://www.happierabroad.com/ebook/Page90.htm

I think the one Winston used was cheap-o air
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

ladislav wrote:
Mr S wrote:Just don't pick up girls walking the streets on known foreigner hang outs and you will be fine. Most guys that get suckered into that are dumb asses who are pushing the envelope anyways. IF you meet a girl and thing she looks younger than 18, then there is a good chance she is and don't do anything with her. You'll be ok, there are plenty of girls around that won't get you into trouble and are easy to figure out their age and all that.

I've never had any problems with "police stings" and I've been here over five years now.
And if you doubt a girl's age, do not have sex with her. Just buy her some food. That is what I do.
W: If you can afford it yeah. But some of us are on a budget and can't afford to buy a free meal to every random stranger that wants one.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

gmm567 wrote:Well it looks like this Web site (http://www.centralluzoncorruption.com) which is reporting on police corruption has some sort of tie with the CIA.

The evidence they are collecting is from police cell phone conversations. If you read the site enough you'll see where they say that. Now the thing of it is is that cell phone conversations are very easily intercepted--you just have a radio tuner that tunes into the radio broadcasts. The difficulty is in decripting those messages. The encryption level is about what is used to transfer bank/credit card information so it takes something like 1 trillion years for a quad core processer to decript. That is unless you string 450 million dollars worth of quad cores together--then you can decrypt them in a month, maybe a few days. But who's got 450 million dollars to spend on such a thing--well the NSA--The National Security Agency of the United States Government. They aslo listen in on overseas telephone calls to intercept terrorist activity. I suspect that is what is going on. Someone from the NSA is leaking this information to that Web site.

Those cops have got to be scarred. I suspect there might be a major bloodletting in the ranks there.

"What we are going to do on this web site is what our sister organization (National Intelligence Coordinating Agency - NICA), which was founded in the 1950s by "The company", the "C. I. A.". also known as "The good guys", calls a "slow-constriction". from http://www.centralluzoncorruption.com/O ... ntials.htm

But hey thanks for the info S and Ladislav--stay the f**k away from any women who looks too young.
W: Why would the CIA be interested in exposing corrupt officials in the PI? I thought their primary interest was in bribing foreign leaders to let US corporates plunder their resources and assassinating them if they don't comply? What would they gain out of attacking corrupt policemen in the PI?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

ladislav wrote:
gmm567 wrote:More information on that eavesdropping

Project Echelon

Together with the National Security Agency, the CIA also maintains "Project Echelon," the most sophisticated and the most technologically advanced eavesdropping system that has ever been devised. Through a relay system of satellites and spook stations in Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Canada and United States, the US intelligence system is able to intercept all telephone, fax, e-mail, Internet and cellphone transmissions worldwide. Its nerve center is located at Fort Meade in Maryland where the NSA maintains its headquarters. This has grave implications for both our public and private security.

The National Security Agency (NSA) of the United States has developed a global surveillance system, Echelon, which is a powerful electronic net operated by super-computers that intercept, monitor and process all phone, fax, e-mail and modem signals. The European Parliament in a 1998 report entitled, "An Appraisal of Technologies of Political Control" has listed serious concerns and has recommended an intensive investigation of US-NSA operations. The NSA Echelon system provides awesome potential for abuse against civilian targets and governments worldwide, even against allies of the United States.
And they still can't catch Osama Bin Ladin? And with all that they could not prevent 9/11? Where have they been successful if at anything?
W: Supposedly, from alternative sources, the whole Bin Laden and Al Qaeda thing is a sham. Bin Laden actually works for the CIA. His family and the Bush family are actually close friends and allies and even vacation together. He lets them use him as a guinea pig scapegoat when they need to, for media purposes, to give the public someone to blame and hate for 9/11, to ward attention off the corrupt evil elite who meet once a year at Bilderberg.

Also, "Al Qaeda" was a code word for an Afghan resistance group that the CIA funded during the Soviet-Afghan War. It is not a terrorist organization in the Middle East.

If you go to YouTube and enter in the terms "Bin Laden" or "Al Qaeda" you will find many documentaries that explain all this, based on many sources.

Still, the government has not presented any verifiable proof that links Bin Laden to 9/11, except for a fake video. Yeah right, like Bin Laden would make a video claiming to have planned 9/11 and letting the CIA find it. Right......

And the fact that 7 out of the 19 hijackers have been found to be still alive, indicates that the whole official story was a sham. What else could it be?

Also, all attempts at replicating the steel framed twin towers collapsing at free fall speed from fire with miniature models have failed.

Also, there are bizarre unanswered questions, for example, the plane that hit the Pentagon, Flight 77, vanished and disintegrated. According to a government investigation, the plane's wings must have broken off the moment it hit the Pentagon. But no wings can be seen at the crash site at all, period, and the original hole in the Pentagon is far smaller than that of an airliner.

All that and much more, smells like something rotten, doesn't it?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

gmm567 wrote:I've heard the manila airport is filled with pick-pockets and is sometimes dangerous.

It's not a good idea to wear jewelry, or to carry lots of money with you. You guys use a money belt?
W: You can't even get into the Manila airport, whether its the arriving or departing area, without showing a plane ticket at the door. The people at that airport are all obviously middle class and above.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

gmm567 wrote:well yea, ladislav, why doesn't the state department issue warnings to people travelling to Los Angeles? There are 100,000 gang members there in that city. Orange county has 200,000 people in the county jail at anyone time. L.A. is a very dangerous place....and you should be very cautious where you go. Going to East LA, or South Chicago, and many other areas in the US, is scary and dangerous.
W: But I heard that the gangs in LA do not attack random strangers, but mostly get involved with gang warfare with rival gangs. They fight each other in groups over pride and territory, not at innocent people.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

th3g4me wrote:Well I am making plans for my trip, and my 26 hour flight with two stops. :S

I've been talking to a lady from Manila online. I am going to meet her in makati (I think?)

I guess she will show me the around. I'm going in December and it was $1600 for flight and hotel. How much cash should I take? I imagine most things food etc can be paid for by cc/debit?

I'm staying for one week btw.
W: Where did you meet this lady? Unless you REALLY like this lady, you shouldn't have her show you around Manila, cause then you can't meet other girls while you're with her. Or just spend a few hours with her but not all day, unless you are attracted to her and see it going somewhere.

Where are you flying from?

Some restaurants take credit cards, but they tend to be expensive ones or inside the malls. Remember though, 90 percent of the food there sucks, even in restaurants. You should first examine the menu and see the dishes on the tables of the other customers there, since good food has a certain look to it that's obvious.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

th3g4me wrote:idk the lowest price I can find so far is 1300. Ive checked travelocity, hotels, and expedia.

Do you have a link?
W: Here is the link he's referring to:

http://www.bt-store.com/default.asp

Travelocity and those other sites usually have good deals on domestic flights or to Europe. But not to Asia.

Just search on more and more websites. That's the only way you're gonna know for sure.

AsianBill
Freshman Poster

Post by AsianBill »

I went to Boracay alone a few years back, and I still had a good time. Yeah, it's a bit overhyped, but the beach is actually quite good if you avoid the commercial section, which is the central part of the island. And like I said, it's not a bad place to spend time even by yourself. There are no gogo bars, but there's a nightclub called "Cocamangas" which you have to get to by trike. You could find girls there if you want ("pros," I guess) as well in the bars on the island looking for male tourists to hook up with.

I actually met my gf there -- she was a salesgirl, 21 yrs old, where I was checking out t-shirts -- and we went on several dates while I was there, walking along the beach, eating at restaurants, etc. No sex, but still had a good time hanging out with her. I stayed in a decent, cheap hotel that came out to 30 bucks/night at the far end of the island, which is pretty quiet, and away from all the tourist shops and restaurants. If you're in the PI, I'd recommend checking out Boracay, but I agree that it's better to go there with a gf or family.
SNS
Freshman Poster

Post by SNS »

Mr S wrote: I hope more guys stay dumb f***s and stay away, as more p***y for me and other enlightened fellow expats who know that all the warnings are complete bull shit!
Exactly -- The USA states that Brazil is among the most dangerous places to visit and take a vacation. I was there three times already this year. But most men will heed these false warnings from the government and stay home, go to the local Irish bar meet the local skanks and jump through hoops trying to get with them.

Plus I have to confess that with regards to Americans I only feel comfortable being around expats who are unplugged know the score. The average Joe Mangina tourist is your typical idiot who i would prefer not to have to bother with.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

As if high airfares weren't bad enough, I just heard that some flights won't even let you view the TV monitors anymore, for "security" reasons. WTF?? I think I'd go nuts on a 14-hour flight without movies.