Ladislav, question about Thailand

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Winston
Site Admin

Ladislav, question about Thailand

Post by Winston »

Ladislav,
You said before that you found Thai people to be stern and solemn and prefer people who are stern and solemn over people who are open and bubbly. I find that to be true of Taiwan and Japan too. Is it the same way as in Japan? Are Thai people very closed and don't talk to strangers unless it's business-related?

Also, from what Mr S and others have said, Thailand has a great sex scene. He said Pattaya is 100 times bigger than Angeles City and there are shows where you see live sex on stage.

It sounds like two different worlds are being described to me there. How do you reconcile that?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Ladislav, question about Thailand

Post by ladislav »

You said before that you found Thai people to be stern and solemn and prefer people who are stern and solemn over people who are open and bubbly.

Yeah. They also prefer stupid people over intellectual ones.

I find that to be true of Taiwan and Japan too. Is it the same way as in Japan? Are Thai people very closed and don't talk to strangers unless it's business-related?

Yeah, except that in Japan and TW, people have high IQs. In Thailand they can barely scrape to maybe 70.

Also, from what Mr S and others have said, Thailand has a great sex scene.

Yeah, but it is so heartless. Try and see.

He said Pattaya is 100 times bigger than Angeles City and there are shows where you see live sex on stage.

Maybe 4 times bigger. I think sex shows are gone now.

It sounds like two different worlds are being described to me there. How do you reconcile that?

I lived in proper Thailand, spoke the language and tried to integrate. So, I saw this different Thailand from that seen by a tourist. A tourist in Las Vegas will see a different America from the one seen by one who tries to date and integrate and who does not pay for hookers at the Mustang Ranch. Japanese businessmen and rich Arabs think London and New York are heaven. I wonder why they do not see the America you describe. How do you reconcile those?
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

He said Pattaya is 100 times bigger than Angeles City and there are shows where you see live sex on stage.

I lived in proper Thailand, spoke the language and tried to integrate. So, I saw this different Thailand from that seen by a tourist. A tourist in Las Vegas will see a different America from the one seen by one who tries to date and integrate and who does not pay for hookers at the Mustang Ranch. Japanese businessmen and rich Arabs think London and New York are heaven. I wonder why they do not see the America you describe. How do you reconcile those?[/quote]

I've also lived in "proper Thailand" or outside of the tourist traps.

My wife is from the south and she is quiet and atypical of Issaaners who tend to smile and laugh all the time. IMO most Thais are anything but stern and solemn. Their smile doesn't always mean they're happy or they're ripping you off though, it might mean they're embarrassed, shy, whatever.

Thai whores like stupid men because it's easy to rip them off. They have a saying that translates into "Foreigners who speak Thai know too much."

As far as other Thais being stupid, I'll admit, many are not the brightest bulbs in the lot. They are not all stupid though and I have some friends and acquaintances who are extremely well-educated. Some have studied in Thailand then in the UK, others studied in the US or Australia. These tend to be the smart ones as they broaden their horizons and receive an education better than what they can get here.

Totally heartless sex scene? I haven't head one positive from you about Thailand. While some Thai women are openly mercenary with foreigners, there are many, many women who give great GFE. I've had threesomes with hookers and in the morning they let me sleep and refused money. I treat them with respect, show them a good time, have some fund, and then move on. If I see them again it's done in moderation because I quickly learned that you separate the business and personal part of your relationship and don't let the relationship progress.

There are still sex shows in Pattaya, Bangkok, and Phuket. Not many but there are some.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

anamericaninbangkok wrote:He said Pattaya is 100 times bigger than Angeles City and there are shows where you see live sex on stage.

I lived in proper Thailand, spoke the language and tried to integrate. So, I saw this different Thailand from that seen by a tourist. A tourist in Las Vegas will see a different America from the one seen by one who tries to date and integrate and who does not pay for hookers at the Mustang Ranch. Japanese businessmen and rich Arabs think London and New York are heaven. I wonder why they do not see the America you describe. How do you reconcile those?

My wife is from the south and she is quiet and atypical of Issaaners who tend to smile and laugh all the time. IMO most Thais are anything but stern and solemn. Their smile doesn't always mean they're happy or they're ripping you off though, it might mean they're embarrassed, shy, whatever.

Thai whores like stupid men because it's easy to rip them off. They have a saying that translates into "Foreigners who speak Thai know too much."

As far as other Thais being stupid, I'll admit, many are not the brightest bulbs in the lot. They are not all stupid though and I have some friends and acquaintances who are extremely well-educated. Some have studied in Thailand then in the UK, others studied in the US or Australia. These tend to be the smart ones as they broaden their horizons and receive an education better than what they can get here.

Totally heartless sex scene? I haven't head one positive from you about Thailand. While some Thai women are openly mercenary with foreigners, there are many, many women who give great GFE. I've had threesomes with hookers and in the morning they let me sleep and refused money. I treat them with respect, show them a good time, have some fund, and then move on. If I see them again it's done in moderation because I quickly learned that you separate the business and personal part of your relationship and don't let the relationship progress.

There are still sex shows in Pattaya, Bangkok, and Phuket. Not many but there are some.
This was my experience as well. When I lived there, I wasn't looking for a wife, just fun. I spent a lot of time in the bars. Most of the girls were cool. A few times I spent the night with a girl and she only charged me for an hour. One girl, in particular, stopped charging me and basically became my friend with benefits. Good times.

Also, just about all of the girls I was with were totally down for GFE (I never indulged on that though). They seem to hate condoms out there.
Last edited by Maverick on May 22nd, 2013, 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
weiser
Freshman Poster

Post by weiser »

A casual first time visitor to Thailand would be impressed at the apparently easygoing, friendly and smiling people.

Beneath that superficial charm, Thais are a greedy, jealous and spiteful bunch. They are xenophobic by nature but need money from foreigners to live the lifestyle they want. They will blatantly lie to your face and rip you off as much as possible, all the time with a smile on their face. Sure, there are many nice and respectful people there, but as a place to holiday or live in, there are better options in Asia. Thailand is completely overrated

They are one of the most arrogant nations in Asia. They believe they are superior because they were never colonised like Malaysia, Indonesia and the other southeast Asian countries.

They think by being greedy and materialistic it gives them status and 'face'.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

weiser wrote:A casual first time visitor to Thailand would be impressed at the apparently easygoing, friendly and smiling people.

Beneath that superficial charm, Thais are a greedy, jealous and spiteful bunch. They are xenophobic by nature but need money from foreigners to live the lifestyle they want. They will blatantly lie to your face and rip you off as much as possible, all the time with a smile on their face. Sure, there are many nice and respectful people there, but as a place to holiday or live in, there are better options in Asia. Thailand is completely overrated

They are one of the most arrogant nations in Asia. They believe they are superior because they were never colonised like Malaysia, Indonesia and the other southeast Asian countries.

They think by being greedy and materialistic it gives them status and 'face'.
Their never being colonized means very little. They have very little here worth defending from the US, UK, or anywhere else for that matter.

You're stereotyping all Thais. IMO, most could give a shit who you are or what you're doing as they just want to live their lives. The tourists areas can be bad, definitely, but most are simply going to work every day trying to make a buck — and I don't mean off of a tourist.

They definitely have a money hungry side to them, are Filipinos any different? What I've found is the poor Thais and Filos are the ones who are the most hungry. I've made quite a few deals involving $10K all the way up to $100K US and everything was done above board, down to the last Satang.

Nevertheless, I do agree with some of your generalizations. They are far too arrogant for a country who relies on tourism and the money of others visiting the country.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Maverick wrote:
anamericaninbangkok wrote:He said Pattaya is 100 times bigger than Angeles City and there are shows where you see live sex on stage.

This was my experience as well. When I lived there, I wasn't looking for a wife, just fun. I spent a lot of time in the bars. Most of the girls were cool. A few times I spent the night with a girl and she only charged me for an hour. One girl, in particular, stopped charging me and basically became my friend with benefits. Good times.

Also, just about all of the girls I was with were totally down for GFE (I never indulged on that though). They seem to hate condoms out there.[/quote]

What about these white skinned/Chinese looking middle class girls who live in richer parts of Bangkok, they give off very different vibe compared to your typical brown skinned Isaan/provincial girl all falangs seems to hook up with.

I find them more attractive and classier but the problem is these chicks prefer their own kind and big age gap is not tolerated.
I stayed in Ekamai area in BKK and I could tell you it is a different world, I've seen chicks driving nice German/Japanese cars, clubs and bars are packed with well dressed young Thai men and women(everyone is under 30), you not gonna see 40 year old men with 20 year old girl nor you will not see provincial dark skinned people, these people don't smile and they don't act friendly/approachable, very cliquish

Is this different kind of Thailand?
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Banano wrote:
Maverick wrote:

Also, just about all of the girls I was with were totally down for GFE (I never indulged on that though). They seem to hate condoms out there.

What about these white skinned/Chinese looking middle class girls who live in richer parts of Bangkok, they give off very different vibe compared to your typical brown skinned Isaan/provincial girl all falangs seems to hook up with.

I find them more attractive and classier but the problem is these chicks prefer their own kind and big age gap is not tolerated.
I stayed in Ekamai area in BKK and I could tell you it is a different world, I've seen chicks driving nice German/Japanese cars, clubs and bars are packed with well dressed young Thai men and women(everyone is under 30), you not gonna see 40 year old men with 20 year old girl nor you will not see provincial dark skinned people, these people don't smile and they don't act friendly/approachable, very cliquish

Is this different kind of Thailand?[/quote]

Contrary to what some may believe, not all Thais want or need foreigners. A chick driving a Benz wants a guy of equal standing, not some foreigner who doesn't have a car. If you are of equal standing, MAYBE you have a shot. The best I did was date a chick with a Benz and she was the one who came on to me. I had one with a BMW who wanted me to visit her in Chiang Mai and another I met at the gym who had a Honda who wanted to take me out. I told her I didn't think my wife would like it. She changed tact and said, "Oh, bring her along." Yea right, like my wife wants to go out with a random chick I met. Another one I met when she was drunk and I never gave her a second though. She called and was into me for some reason. Big tits, small ass, pretty hot, but she drank way too much. I took her out one time, she got sloshed, and I never took her out again. She saw me in the mall going up the escalator and kept yelling my name until I turned around. Embarrassing...

There are many facets to Thailand and the whole Chinese-Thai, white-skinned Thai is one that is admittedly hard to break into unless you are a star or well-known here.

That said, is it ever really easy to hook up with a hot rich chick?
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

Is this different kind of Thailand?
I don't really like light skinned girls (hence, my aversion to white girls lol) so I never tried to mess with them. I prefer the darker skinned girls.

But, generally, people that are considered elite anywhere are a**holes.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Americaninbangkok

you sound like a guy who is smooth with ladies, you had no problems pulling women in USA and Im guessing you are much better in looks department than most falangs and that helps a lot

yes its never easy to deal with upper class chicks but you did ok getting benz and bmw women in Thailand, good thing about these chicks is you know they are not with you for your wallet. its different feeling dating chicks who can support themselves vs ones who cant afford underwear

when I was in BKK/Phuket I managed to bang a few chicks who had white boyfriends in Europe/US, it is sad , they are always looking for an upgrade even though these men are sending them money on a monthly basis
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

That, my friend, is why you never send them a f***ing dime.

When I was young, I was very fit, had all my hair, and had a fair amount of charm. Now my patience with women is gone and I'm happy to have my wife. She has always been of the mindset that she needs to be able to take care of herself so she doesn't need me and when you have kids, that's important.

I really wish I knew then what I know now...
The Professor
Freshman Poster

Post by The Professor »

ladislav wrote:I lived in proper Thailand, spoke the language and tried to integrate. So, I saw this different Thailand from that seen by a tourist. A tourist in Las Vegas will see a different America from the one seen by one who tries to date and integrate and who does not pay for hookers at the Mustang Ranch. Japanese businessmen and rich Arabs think London and New York are heaven. I wonder why they do not see the America you describe. How do you reconcile those?
Ladislav brings up a pretty good point here. Tourists will enjoy and given country a hell of a lot more than someone who lived and worked there.

As a tourist you're only going to be in the country for a couple weeks or so. You're not going to be working, the whole trip is 100 percent about pleasure, and you usually bring enough money so that you can just splurge. The whole time your senses are filled with an exotic culture, which makes you overlook or forgive a lot of flaws. You just go sight seeing, go partying, and generally enjoy the best the country has to offer.

As an expat who lives and works in a country for a year or more, the flaws that a tourist would not notice or shrug off bothers you a lot more, simply because you have to live with them for so long. You'll also experience a host of problems that a tourist will never have to deal with full stop. The exotic appeal of the country wears off after a few weeks. You've already seen all of the sights and experienced the best the country has to offer. You're also probably on a more restricted budget than a tourist. Life is mostly about work and general day to day life as opposed to pleasure.

The bottom line here is we shouldn't be so dismissive about Ladislav's experience. Ladislav also has a fairly unique perspective on Thailand. Most expats only stay in Thailand and don't bother to learn the language. Ladislav was there for a long time and learned to speak the language fluently. That said I'm sure there are some nice things about Thailand. One thing I never heard any complaints about is the food there. The women sound pretty awful and amoral though.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

It's bad guys sending girls money. However, if you're not actually in Thailand then they just won't stay with their man, despite what they're telling you. Maybe money will help them stick by your site, but probably they're dating some dude in the day and chatting to you online at night.

Living in China has been so much different to being on vacation here, although I tend to do much the same things (go out, take photos, date girls, write crap on HA).

Being here for the full season though, I get to experience things I didn't before (the wet season actually being wet, cicadas that nearly cause permanent hearing loss). And I've also got to experience more of the random problems, like stones and crap in food, a major health scare in a foreign country, and not being able to buy a frigging white onion in the entire neighborhood.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

The Professor wrote:
ladislav wrote:I lived in proper Thailand, spoke the language and tried to integrate. So, I saw this different Thailand from that seen by a tourist. A tourist in Las Vegas will see a different America from the one seen by one who tries to date and integrate and who does not pay for hookers at the Mustang Ranch. Japanese businessmen and rich Arabs think London and New York are heaven. I wonder why they do not see the America you describe. How do you reconcile those?
Ladislav brings up a pretty good point here. Tourists will enjoy and given country a hell of a lot more than someone who lived and worked there.

As a tourist you're only going to be in the country for a couple weeks or so. You're not going to be working, the whole trip is 100 percent about pleasure, and you usually bring enough money so that you can just splurge. The whole time your senses are filled with an exotic culture, which makes you overlook or forgive a lot of flaws. You just go sight seeing, go partying, and generally enjoy the best the country has to offer.

As an expat who lives and works in a country for a year or more, the flaws that a tourist would not notice or shrug off bothers you a lot more, simply because you have to live with them for so long. You'll also experience a host of problems that a tourist will never have to deal with full stop. The exotic appeal of the country wears off after a few weeks. You've already seen all of the sights and experienced the best the country has to offer. You're also probably on a more restricted budget than a tourist. Life is mostly about work and general day to day life as opposed to pleasure.

The bottom line here is we shouldn't be so dismissive about Ladislav's experience. Ladislav also has a fairly unique perspective on Thailand. Most expats only stay in Thailand and don't bother to learn the language. Ladislav was there for a long time and learned to speak the language fluently. That said I'm sure there are some nice things about Thailand. One thing I never heard any complaints about is the food there. The women sound pretty awful and amoral though.
Granted, living in the country is different than coming as a tourist. The magic wears off after a while and you start to see the negatives as opposed to only the positives. As I've said many times before, there is no perfect paradise or Utopia.

That said, I'm not being dismissive of his personal experience. It is what it is. As I understand it, he was here for three years nearly two decades ago. If his perspective is unique, what is mine after living here for nearly 18 years? I speak Thai fluently, read it well, and write it a bit. While different people have different perspectives on places, I haven't seen any positive comments from him at all. Fine. But my point is that some of his comments are rubbish. and simply not true.

"They all hate you, don't go there." Really, why do so many foreigners not only visit here but live here?

Another one, "You need to be a big shot to get a decent regular girl." My experience and nearly all of my friends who live here, is that it is quite easy to meet decent Thai women if you look outside the bars.

"They prefer stupid people over intellectual ones."

Yes, if you hang out with uneducated bar girls, this is true.

Like I said, his experience is what it is, for whatever reason he and Thailand don't mesh.

Professor - this comment shows how very little you know about Thai women, "The women sound pretty awful and amoral." Don't believe everything you hear. Hang out with whores, and you get whorish behavior. Hang out with decent women, and you don't get awful, amoral women. I'm not saying that Thai women are any different than anywhere else in the world, some get drunk, get horny, need dick, and sleep with guys on the first date. Others are solid women who want a commitment and are committed themselves.

Also, Xiongmao - Again I will say, if you are away from a hooker, she probably isn't going to be faithful no matter how much you give her. I can't tell you how many times guys have called hos I've been in bed and the women were flat out lying to them. But...get a good, solid, hard working woman and the chances of her screwing around are slim. AS I've said several times, who wants some chick who NEEDS a man to take care of her? She's basically a sperm receptable/maid. I personally want more than this.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

They all hate you, don't go there." Really, why do so many foreigners not only visit here but live here?
Because many don't speak the language. Most don't. And the hatred is sneaky. It's like the racism in Canada and New England- covert. You become aware of it after some time.
Another one, "You need to be a big shot to get a decent regular girl." My experience and nearly all of my friends who live here, is that it is quite easy to meet decent Thai women if you look outside the bars.
Anecdotal. I can say the same about my friends who met decent women but they were mostly the ones whom Thais did not want- too old, too ugly, with a kid, etc. Decent to the Western guys.
"They prefer stupid people over intellectual ones."
Yes, if you hang out with uneducated bar girls, this is true.
No, I hung out ( or tried to hang out) with university teachers there because I was at three Thai universities. Half will not talk to you and just pass you by, period. Or you start talking to them and they generally know very little.
Like I said, his experience is what it is, for whatever reason he and Thailand don't mesh.
That's correct. And there is a strong possibility that many readers will not mesh with it, as well. Hence the warning.

As I said- we are all free to promote our own views and opinions here. I say- don't go! You say- go!

Let the reader decide.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!