Living in the Philipines cheap

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
gmm567
Freshman Poster

Living in the Philipines cheap

Post by gmm567 »

Say Guys....

I read at Margarita Station that their employees live in 8x8 rooms with a connected bath room for$25-$35 a month. Wow, is that cheap. The problem is that air conditioning is $300 a month or more.

Well for those who are interested...you can really get rid of those air conditioning costs by hyper insulating that room. Any way, I am self taught in structural/ heat transfer engineering and I can figure out how much insulation you'd have to add , and how much it would cost to get your air condiitioning bill to a certain point.

I'd have to run the numbers, and there is a tradeoff between how much you spend on insulation and how much you save on air conditioning. But I would bet you could get that air conditioning bill to $30-$50 a month by installing and retrofitting $300-$400 of insulation in that little space. The science of heat transfer engineering. How cool.

I would need to know the cost of electricity per kilowatt and the seer level of your air conditioning unit and the size of your room (s) and the size of the windows. But I could design an air conditioning system that would (probably) greatly increase your standard and quality of living.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

The employees of margarita station are all Filipinas. That's why they get to live so cheaply. But they are paid next to nothing.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne