If you planned on moving to the Philipines

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
gmm567
Freshman Poster

If you planned on moving to the Philipines

Post by gmm567 »

teaching english or something..what about health care?

Is health care insurance inexpensive...or is it outrageous like here.

You can obviously live pretty cheap in the Philipines but what if you get sick and
need health care.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Paying the hospital directy is pretty cheap and affordable, unless you go to a hospital for expats. The local hospitals seem proficient enough for most things. If you were hospitalized for instance, the room costs about $23 per day, plus maybe another $20 - $50 for all the medications and tests. So if you were hospitalized for an injury for a few days, you might end up paying about $100 or a little more.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
gmm567
Freshman Poster

Post by gmm567 »

I wonder about major things like cancer or heart attack? My freind jill tells me she has insurance for
$200 us a year and it pays up to $25k US. So it's not like it's something you can't get.

You could also get US Catatastrophic Insurance here for about $1200 a year that covers you to 1.2 million us. Then get insurance for being evacuated for $299 http://buy.travelguard.com
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

gmm567 wrote:I wonder about major things like cancer or heart attack? My freind jill tells me she has insurance for
$200 us a year and it pays up to $25k US. So it's not like it's something you can't get.

You could also get US Catatastrophic Insurance here for about $1200 a year that covers you to 1.2 million us. Then get insurance for being evacuated for $299 http://buy.travelguard.com
The insurance in the Philippines I know of, which Dianne has, only covers half the costs of being hospitalized. That is called Phil Health. I don't know if there is a plan that will cover everything.

Email this guy about expat health insurance. He's an expert.

john@expatglobalmedical.com

Tell him I referred you.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: If you planned on moving to the Philipines

Post by ladislav »

Good insurance is some $800 a year. I think. I always just went there and paid out of my pocket. You know, I would advise you to go to http://www.cebuliving.com and it has all the questions/answers/people talking on their forums about just about everything. You will get answers first-hand from people living there for decades. They know it all. We here are mostly just travelers and tourists.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
gmm567
Freshman Poster

Post by gmm567 »

there's another big insurance company out there Winston. I think it pay's everything up to $2.5k--which has to be pretty good when a hospital room costs $25. That's like 100 days in the hospital or over 3 months.