What do you do about health care in the Philippines?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
gmm567
Freshman Poster

What do you do about health care in the Philippines?

Post by gmm567 »

Is it inexpensive in the Philipines or is it unaffordable?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

You don't need health care there. Doctor visits are less than $10, and medicine is affordable. But if you need surgery, it can be expensive and run in the hundreds of dollars. However, health care quality is low. It's better for you to go to a first world Asian country if you need surgery done.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I've found expat health insurance for around $50 a month - that's for worldwide cover. It might be cheaper for the Philippines, but for China I've had to go for the worldwide option (including USA). That $50 has a big excess on so it won't do for minor ailments. For these you can find a local doctor and as Winston says they're really cheap for that.

Don't go to Asia without any health insurance - there are some horrible stories of Westerners getting seriously ill in Thailand etc. and not being able to afford to go home. Major hospital care is VERY expensive in Asia.

Of course if you're just there on vacation then travel insurance is dirt cheap.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

xiongmao wrote:I've found expat health insurance for around $50 a month - that's for worldwide cover. It might be cheaper for the Philippines, but for China I've had to go for the worldwide option (including USA). That $50 has a big excess on so it won't do for minor ailments. For these you can find a local doctor and as Winston says they're really cheap for that.

Don't go to Asia without any health insurance - there are some horrible stories of Westerners getting seriously ill in Thailand etc. and not being able to afford to go home. Major hospital care is VERY expensive in Asia.

I went to Thailand without any health insurance and became sick every other day.
However, immodium was the Swiss Army knife for EVERYTHIING.
If I had clymidia, put some robutussin on it.
If I had I had diarreha, put some robutussin on it.
True stories.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
Twobrains
Freshman Poster

Post by Twobrains »

xiongmao wrote:I've found expat health insurance for around $50 a month - that's for worldwide cover. It might be cheaper for the Philippines, but for China I've had to go for the worldwide option (including USA). That $50 has a big excess on so it won't do for minor ailments. For these you can find a local doctor and as Winston says they're really cheap for that.

$50 is amazingly cheap - care to give us a link? Do you have the deal whereby for major treatment you have to be repatriated to the UK and treated on the NHS?
"As long as you make an identity for yourself out of the pain, you cannot become free of it." Eckhart Tolle