Visiting Philippines.

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
pburgh
Freshman Poster

Visiting Philippines.

Post by pburgh »

I am going to phil to meet a lady I have been talking to online for a while and I was wondering what my options are for renting a condo by the week in Makati? I am going to be staying for about 3 weeks so I think a hotel might be overkill.

Thanks

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

Short term rentals are anywhere from $300/month to $3,000. You can find all price ranges.

You might want to consider just going and making friends there. You will get plenty of attention once you arrive.
starkeep
Freshman Poster

penpal

Post by starkeep »

8) i remember when i met a penpal there and wanted to get married. things went ok and the next thing i know when i get back to the usa she
tells me she has 2 ids and is legally married. To bad she couldnt of said that to begin with. And after that she still expects me to support her. I have met
another since but many there are not as honest as you think. I would say fibbing is embetted in the culture there.
fed up
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Hey Pburg, go ahead and stay in a hotel. They're really cheap over there. I also went to the Philippines for 3 weeks and stayed at the Mango Park Hotel in Cebu for just $25 per night.

Incidentally, I also met a girl there who I had been chatting with online. And I was disappointed, just like Starkeep. She didn't lie to me or anything, she just wasn't as cute in person as she was in her profile photos. My advice is, meet and date lots of girls over there, not just your online friend; act as if you were shopping for a new car, and get yourself the best deal you can. Best wishes :wink:
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

I suggest you stay here, it's in a good location and about what you would pay anyways for a decent condo. I live in Manila and have stayed in the two bed there before.

I used to live in Makati near that street in Virra condo. They have ok rooms there too but you will pay more. Most decent condos will cost you 25,000 pesos or more a month to rent, short term more.

Book a single or double bed here: http://www.howzat.ph/howzat_inn.html

The beds are quite comfortable and pillows firm but soft...

Don't get obsessed with just some girl you chat with online. Once you visit you will realize all the other opportunities there are to meet and be with girls there, it's quite easy.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
pburgh
Freshman Poster

Post by pburgh »

Wow thanks for the heads up guys. I am not sure what to expect now. I hope the trip goes well, but we will see.