Pros and Cons of Living and Dating in the Philippines

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
nomadphilippines
Freshman Poster

Re: Pros and Cons of Living and Dating in the Philippines

Post by nomadphilippines »

Johnny1975 wrote:Has anyone tried to have sex with a filipina during tampo? How did that work out?
worked out splendid mate :p
avid follower of site about travel and girls https://guysnightlife.com
CMagaya
Freshman Poster

Post by CMagaya »

Johnny1975 wrote:Has anyone tried to have sex with a filipina during tampo? How did that work out?
The woman in the philippines are like the weather... one moment there's torrential rain and 20min later there's bright sun clear sky.
nomadphilippines
Freshman Poster

phils girls are pretty good at not going out on those days (ie lazy)

in indonesia like 20% of the girls that came to my apartment were on the rag, maybe even more
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

No, no, no.

Let me rephrase my question :

Has anyone tried to have sex with a filipina during https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tampo? How did that work out?
nomadphilippines
Freshman Poster

you mean ike breakup sex?
Jake Oettinger
Freshman Poster

Post by Jake Oettinger »

CMagaya wrote:
The woman in the philippines are like the weather... one moment there's torrential rain and 20min later there's bright sun clear sky.
Finally someone is sharing my views on the Filipino women.
I learn how to win daily by playing online games. I'm always in a mood to play games! Yeah, fun is the only criteria for me. I like these games most of all.
flipper
Freshman Poster

Post by flipper »

pensiveman wrote:
March 19th, 2015, 7:14 am
I have to agree with a lot of the points in the OP.

I found Filipinos to be nice, but at the same time pretty rude when I visited. They all spoke passable English but they all refused to speak it when I was around. I found that flat rude. Speak the common language in mixed company, that's what I always understood the rule to be. I tried to be tolerant because I do only speak one language and I was in THEIR country, after all, but I would be speaking to someone in English and suddenly I would be interrupted and the conversation would be Tagalog for 15 minutes.

Never underestimate how much a Filipino can eat, especially when you're footing the bill - which btw is always expected of you!

I've just been a lurker on this forum, this is my first post, but that totally triggered me. I dated this young Filipina a couple years ago when I was over there on a couple of trips. She was 19 and crazy thin but not anorexic. 5'-3", 77 lbs. but totally fit. Insane body. Anyhow after I had taken her on a really nice vacation for a week, we were going to meet her parents. It just seemed like a nice thing to do after shagging their daughter silly for days.

Anyhow, so I guess she texted her folks to meet us out front of a restaurant near Tagbiliran. Well, not only her parents but at least 12 brothers, sisters and cousins -- a couple with babies -- were there too. They all wanted to have dinner on my tab, obviously. Well, okay, fine, we all sat down at a big round table. NOT ONE OF THEM SPOKE TO ME (except the girl). They all spoke to each other in Visaya, or went absolutely dead quiet and you could just hear the silverware clanking. There was no effort whatsoever to keep up a conversation. The daughter was very beautiful, and had gotten a tattoo of my name above her butt and a belly button ring, and she was super psyched to show them off to her family, but they didn't seem to care one one way or the other. They were just jamming food into their mouths like total oinkers, and making gross guttural noises.

The bill came and, while it wasn't that high I guess, inside i got so mad. None of them even looked up. They all has assumed I would pay for everyone. Which of course I did. I think it was like $80 or something -- nothing to cry about but what I hated was the disrespect. It was a total setup, and rude. No one had even talked to me. Dating is not supposed to be like that. I ended up breaking up with the girl partially over that idiocy. (Not a year later, I was still linked to her on Facebook and I saw that she had married an Alaskan government worker even older than me and successfully been admitted to the USA. I believe she is as of this writing in the "90-day-fiancee" period. How that guy can stand having a wife with a tattoo of my name above her ass is beyond me, but as they say ... it takes all types ...)

Anyhow yes this footing the bill thing gets a little old. I usually do for my friends in the USA but for people I don't know at all and will never see again in the Philippines, nope that just didn't seem right to me.
Raja
Freshman Poster

Post by Raja »

flipper wrote:
May 31st, 2018, 5:41 am
pensiveman wrote:

I found Filipinos to be nice, but at the same time pretty rude when I visited. They all spoke passable English but they all refused to speak it when I was around. I found that flat rude. Speak the common language in mixed company, that's what I always understood the rule to be. I tried to be tolerant because I do only speak one language and I was in THEIR country, after all, but I would be speaking to someone in English and suddenly I would be interrupted and the conversation would be Tagalog for 15 minutes.

Never underestimate how much a Filipino can eat, especially when you're footing the bill - which btw is always expected of you!

I've just been a lurker on this forum, this is my first post, but that totally triggered me. I dated this young Filipina a couple years ago when I was over there on a couple of trips. She was 19 and crazy thin but not anorexic. 5'-3", 77 lbs. but totally fit. Insane body. Anyhow after I had taken her on a really nice vacation for a week, we were going to meet her parents. It just seemed like a nice thing to do after shagging their daughter silly for days.

Anyhow, so I guess she texted her folks to meet us out front of a restaurant near Tagbiliran. Well, not only her parents but at least 12 brothers, sisters and cousins -- a couple with babies -- were there too. They all wanted to have dinner on my tab, obviously. Well, okay, fine, we all sat down at a big round table. NOT ONE OF THEM SPOKE TO ME (except the girl). They all spoke to each other in Visaya, or went absolutely dead quiet and you could just hear the silverware clanking. There was no effort whatsoever to keep up a conversation. The daughter was very beautiful, and had gotten a tattoo of my name above her butt and a belly button ring, and she was super psyched to show them off to her family, but they didn't seem to care one one way or the other. They were just jamming food into their mouths like total oinkers, and making gross guttural noises.

The bill came and, while it wasn't that high I guess, inside i got so mad. None of them even looked up. They all has assumed I would pay for everyone. Which of course I did. I think it was like $80 or something -- nothing to cry about but what I hated was the disrespect. It was a total setup, and rude. No one had even talked to me. Dating is not supposed to be like that. I ended up breaking up with the girl partially over that idiocy. (Not a year later, I was still linked to her on Facebook and I saw that she had married an Alaskan government worker even older than me and successfully been admitted to the USA. I believe she is as of this writing in the "90-day-fiancee" period. How that guy can stand having a wife with a tattoo of my name above her ass is beyond me, but as they say ... it takes all types ...)

Anyhow yes this footing the bill thing gets a little old. I usually do for my friends in the USA but for people I don't know at all and will never see again in the Philippines, nope that just didn't seem right to me.
This is not an example of get the foreigner, Filipino men would face the same burdens. If they can't afford it everything is just done on a smaller scale.

It is always expected of the host of the party to pick up the tab. In the second case since that was the poster and the girlfriend ringing in the family it was him. The cultures while compatible are not the same. If it was someone's birthday it would be the opposite of most people's experience the party does not chip in the treat the birthday boy as is "our" custom but rather the birthday boy who invited friends to celebrate with him picks up the entire tab. Just as Flipper or more precisely his date picked up the tab for the party celebrating their mating and tattooing done in lieu of formally announcing intentions to court and move towards marriage.

If everything would have worked out the male in the couple would later pay for any engagement and wedding cost and the grooms family doing the heavy hitting as opposed to the bride's family in America. With plenty of same sex couples but no official marriage I am not sure if the tradition holds, maybe in the case if one takes on the more masculine role?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

flipper wrote:
pensiveman wrote:

That was odd. If you really liked the girl and she was hot and giving you good sex, why would you break up with her over an incident like that? You can just simply tell her you didn't like it and that you don't want to treat so many people again. There must have been other reasons. Couples don't break up over one little incident like that, not if they are happy together.

Btw you didn't have to agree to treat that many people. You could have just said you wanted to meet her parents at their house, and then bring a gift, like a cake or bottle of wine. Usually they would treat you to dinner as their guest, while asking you questions to get to know you to see if you would be a good provider to their daughter and to them. lol. If you watch American movies, when the guy meets his girlfriend's parents, that's how it's like. They go to their big house and have dinner, treated by the parents, who then scope out the guy. It should be like that in the Philippines too.

It's also not right to force someone to pay for your dinner who didn't invite you or offer to, just because he's a foreigner. That's dumb.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
KAMEHAMEHA
Freshman Poster

Post by KAMEHAMEHA »

flipper wrote:
I've just been a lurker on this forum, this is my first post, but that totally triggered me. I dated this young Filipina a couple years ago when I was over there on a couple of trips. She was 19 and crazy thin but not anorexic. 5'-3", 77 lbs.
That's a bmi of 13 and considered anorexic

https://www.livestrong.com/article/2024 ... -anorexic/
Corey_Bee
Freshman Poster

Post by Corey_Bee »

I know a dude who married a woman from the Philippines. He's American, but he speaks the local language there. It's a language named Tagalog. So he found a woman there whom he really liked, and they had a great courtship in the Philippines. However, after he brought her home to the states, she changed. She had this unrealistic vision of America. She thought that most Americans are super wealthy. When her dental health was so bad that she had to have all her teeth pulled, she assumed that her rich American husband could afford dental implants for her. Wrong! His insurance covered dentures, not implants. She was angry and felt she was lied to. Most Americans do make way more money than the average person from the Philippines, but our costs here are way higher. I guess she thought most Americans live like movie stars. She was taking our TV and movies a little too seriously, I guess.