How to meet your next filipina girlfriend

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
dano
Freshman Poster

How to meet your next filipina girlfriend

Post by dano »

I've never dated a filipina so I don't know how reliable this is. However, it might be potentially helpful.
I copied this info from this link.

http://www.cebu-nightlife.com/how-to-me ... rl-friend/

How to meet your next Girl Friend

In my humble experience, getting a long term GF is not as straightforward as you might think. This might be more than partly due to the fact that it is SO easy to meet the wrong type of girl and hopefully not down to me being old, ugly and stupid. There really is a world of difference between one girl and another here – so, in an entirely politically incorrect, insensitive and stereotypical manner, I will take you through MY guide to Cebu Girls.

Bar Girls (obviously not ALWAYS true, but perhaps more than sometimes)

Tell Lies
Un-trustworthy
Non-sincere
Hidden Agenda
Usually support large family
Very High Maintenance
Demanding and Ungrateful
Headache
Perfect if you want to learn bad words like “Piste Giatay�!
Perfect if you like sharing your girlfriend with their real Filipino boy friend

Simple Girls (factory / office worker / shop)

Watch wowowee
Always sing & like KTV
Will text you and ask if you have eaten your dinner
Will invite their friend out with then on your first date
Will expect you to meet their parents
Sleep on Saturday
Wash the clothes and go to church on Sunday
Enjoy “staying in the house�, sometimes for decades
Not the most dynamic of individuals
Say things like “I need to eat rice�
Enjoy the VERY simple things in life
Don’t enjoy complicated things
Like cooking and cleaning
Opposite of Bar Girl above
Never say “Piste Giatay�! but will often say “Pag Sure Oi�

Professional Career Girls
Ahum…not much experience so cant really comment
Probably not interested in foreigners as they don’t need
Have a good looking Filipino BF that will laugh when you try cracking onto his disinterested girl friend, before taking off his belt and slapping you with it
Are obviously all lesbians

So, looking at the list above – you really should be looking at the middle option – first option is the wrong one and the last option may not be an option at all. So, where can one meet “simple girls�?

Filipino Hang outs (resorts / grills)
Resorts are a great way to meet girls – they are in the mood for fun, with their friends and will be pleased if you come over and talk to them / their friends / families. Filipinos hate going out or eating on their own, so a good tactic is to go to the Resort / Grill and sit on your own, close to a girl you like the look of. No doubt, she and her family/friends will take pity on you and invite you to join them – bingo! Be a little careful on who is picking up the tab…

Jeepney Stands
Fantastic – is almost like an audition (just pretend in your mind). You can view the girls for several minutes whilst they wait for a Jeep – and conveniently, the ones you don’t really like the look of will be taken away after a short while and replaced, hopefully, with a more magnificent specimen. A VERY gentle “hello misss…..� should be enough to get things going. You might get blown out a few times, but generally it’s a good tactic and what do you have to lose?

Shopping Centres (caution)
If you approach the girl – OK, If the girl approaches you – be careful. Again a VERY gentle “hello miss� will be perfect, or perhaps ask for some directions – all decent girls will insist on showing you personally and taking you there – an opportunity to chat and invite the girl out!

Events
Concerts, Sinulog etc – Girls and exited and often drunk. Enough said.

MEPSA and other factories
Many, Many girls – between 18 – 22 mostly. These are girls in boring jobs with long hours and often little excitement in their lives. When the factories kick out, or open – walk in the opposite direction, holding a pad, looking a little lost. When you see a girl you like, tell her you are looking for “office space� for your business and ask her if she knows of any in the vicinity. A way of viewing and meeting A LOT of suitable girls, with jobs – FAST! If you get blown out, just regain your dignity, grab your pad, take a few more steps and try again with the next suitable specimen!

Referrals and Blind Dates
When somebody offers an introduction to their “beautiful� friend, be a little cautious & careful! Sometimes there may be a little exaggeration on their part. My experience of blind dates is that they might have gone substantially better if I was blind.

Dating / matchmaking Agencies
Never tried it, but could actually save you a MASSIVE HEADACHE and a lot of money.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

I know what you mean about the referrals and blind dates. When somebody in the Philippines wants to set you up with somebody, it's always with some loser friend or relative. Anyway, who needs referrals in the Philippines?
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Thanks for the post Dano...

I'm going to respectfully disagree with this guide. It's true that most western guys will end up with the Simple Girls, but why sell yourself short? My wife grew up in Iligan City in Mindiano which is a medium sized town in the province. She graduated with a 4 year degree in biology and then moved to Cebu to find a job. She couldn't find any work in the biology field so she took a white collar job selling industrial furniture and fixtures for Haefele Corporation (doors, flooring, hingles, furniture etc for office buidings and hotels). She had a pretty good paying job making $300 a month. She would be considered a "Professional Girl" according to this list.

But what did $300 a month get her as far as living standards in Cebu? Her apartment was about 250 square feet without a frig or a stove. So when you say that the Professional Career Girl is not interested in foreigners as they don't need, this is simply not an accurate statement.

WAY too many guys sell themselves short and settle for the Simple Girl IMHO. Why not try to find yourself a girl with brains and beauty? Afraid that if you find one, she'll flake out and leave you? I can tell you that once most GOOD STABLE filipinas fall in love, it's pretty dang rock solid. Sure it might take a bit longer to find a Professional Career Girl but it's still 1000 times easier to find one that in the States.

Landing a Professional Career Girl has sooo many benefits. Chances are that she'll come from a good family so you won't have as many deadbeat relatives vying for your money. If you do have kids down the road, why not do it with the best genes you can find? Plus the maturity level of these girls is much higher than the Simple Girl.

Last but not least, we have the money issue. I any guy is going to leave the States and relocate to Phils, I'm hoping the expat would have atleast $1000 pension or social security benefits. If so, that pretty much makes your a rich guy in Phils. Use this to your advantage.

So out and get the best and don't settle for the first girl with a cute smile and a nice ass.
dano
Freshman Poster

Post by dano »

pete98146 wrote:Thanks for the post Dano...

I'm going to respectfully disagree with this guide. It's true that most western guys will end up with the Simple Girls, but why sell yourself short? My wife grew up in Iligan City in Mindiano which is a medium sized town in the province. She graduated with a 4 year degree in biology and then moved to Cebu to find a job. She couldn't find any work in the biology field so she took a white collar job selling industrial furniture and fixtures for Haefele Corporation (doors, flooring, hingles, furniture etc for office buidings and hotels). She had a pretty good paying job making $300 a month. She would be considered a "Professional Girl" according to this list.

But what did $300 a month get her as far as living standards in Cebu? Her apartment was about 250 square feet without a frig or a stove. So when you say that the Professional Career Girl is not interested in foreigners as they don't need, this is simply not an accurate statement.

WAY too many guys sell themselves short and settle for the Simple Girl IMHO. Why not try to find yourself a girl with brains and beauty? Afraid that if you find one, she'll flake out and leave you? I can tell you that once most GOOD STABLE filipinas fall in love, it's pretty dang rock solid. Sure it might take a bit longer to find a Professional Career Girl but it's still 1000 times easier to find one that in the States.

Landing a Professional Career Girl has sooo many benefits. Chances are that she'll come from a good family so you won't have as many deadbeat relatives vying for your money. If you do have kids down the road, why not do it with the best genes you can find? Plus the maturity level of these girls is much higher than the Simple Girl.

Last but not least, we have the money issue. I any guy is going to leave the States and relocate to Phils, I'm hoping the expat would have atleast $1000 pension or social security benefits. If so, that pretty much makes your a rich guy in Phils. Use this to your advantage.

So out and get the best and don't settle for the first girl with a cute smile and a nice ass.
Thanks Pete,

The fact that your wife is from Mindanao and not Makati, weighs heavily in your favor. Theres nothing wrong with professional credentials as long as family remains a priority. I know my friends filipina wife brings home the bacon but she's still an excellent wife and mother.