Guestbook scam in Manila's Intramuros Museum! Im insulted!

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Winston
Site Admin

Guestbook scam in Manila's Intramuros Museum! Im insulted!

Post by Winston »

Folks, get this!

One time me and my gf went to Intramuros Museum in Manila. I was expecting the staff to be culture and history loving types, and not greedy or materialistic.

But upstairs in one of the buildings, a guy holding a big guestbooks asks me to sign it. So I go up and sign it, thinking that like visitor centers in the US, you'd just sign it with your name, where you're from, and leave your comments and that's it. But after writing my name and home town, the guy then pointed to a column for donation amounts. And above my name there were many names that donated 300p or 500p (yeah right, those donator names could have been faked).

Taken aback, I stopped and felt rudely manipulated to part with the precious cash I had on me. That was a very low and scummy way to try to force me to hand over a few hundred pesos to them for free. I felt insulted.

Sheesh.

I told him, "Dude! I didn't say I was going to make a donation!"

Sheesh. It's like you can't get away from the greed in the PH, even in places that cater to culture and history! The greed and underhandedness always follows you.

That's why I don't feel any generosity in the PH, only defensiveness and annoyances.

Next time I should teach him a lesson by insulting him. They deserve it. How else are you gonna teach them?

It's so annoying!

I should have just written a big fat ZERO in the donation column.

Sensitive people who get annoyed easily and take things personally are not cut out for the PH long term.

I'd never imagine that that could happen in a museum. But hey, it's the PH I guess. So I digress.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne