Video of my insights into Taiwanese/Chinese mindset

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Winston
Site Admin

Video of my insights into Taiwanese/Chinese mindset

Post by Winston »

In this video I give some insights into the dominant characteristics of Taiwanese, Chinese and Asian people in general. Sorry if it offends anyone.

In part 2, I play a clip from a classic Bruce Lee film to illustrate an example.

Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbIS9mbEkqI

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs0BfSf7eS0
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

At about 6:00 in your first video you conflate many ideas.

Lack of confidence is not humble or shy or passive. Those are entirely different ideas. Same with conformity and following.

I also see examples of critical thinking in my classes.

I have friends who have written comparative philosophy papers for college. Just what you say they don't do.

Shaolin Monks carry cell phones.

This practicality is why Chinese people are so much like Americans and why, I believe, China is going to economically kick the USA's ass by 2016. If you have a nation of 1.5 billion who work 6 or 7 days a week and are practical, pragmatic, materialistic and conforming you will end up with a nation of wealthy people very quickly.

Also don't apologize for possibly being UN-PC. PC is death, PC is bullshite, PC is Fascism and Censorship. If people are offending let them be offended.

Also without the original Bruce Lee/Loo Fan dialogue I cannot know what Bruce says. Translations from Chinese to English are notorious for being wrong.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

globetrotter wrote:At about 6:00 in your first video you conflate many ideas.

Lack of confidence is not humble or shy or passive. Those are entirely different ideas. Same with conformity and following.

I also see examples of critical thinking in my classes.

I have friends who have written comparative philosophy papers for college. Just what you say they don't do.

Shaolin Monks carry cell phones.

This practicality is why Chinese people are so much like Americans and why, I believe, China is going to economically kick the USA's ass by 2016. If you have a nation of 1.5 billion who work 6 or 7 days a week and are practical, pragmatic, materialistic and conforming you will end up with a nation of wealthy people very quickly.

Also don't apologize for possibly being UN-PC. PC is death, PC is bullshite, PC is Fascism and Censorship. If people are offending let them be offended.

Also without the original Bruce Lee/Loo Fan dialogue I cannot know what Bruce says. Translations from Chinese to English are notorious for being wrong.
Well I should have mentioned in the video that what I say are merely PATTERNS you can see in large percentages of the Chinese/Taiwanese population. People on YouTube comments have confirmed the same observations too. They are not meant to be sweeping generalizations. But I can't fix the video and reupload it to the same YouTube URL. They should make it so that you can do that.

You may know some exceptions, but I doubt that you will find any Chinese person who truly and really think outside the box and are totally independent thinkers who are not afraid to challenge conventional thinking. That is very very rare. Even Ladislav and a Scotsman named Peter who has been to 100 countries admitted that they could not find any Asian who was a total freethinker and that I was the only one they knew.

Conformity is in the Chinese blood. They breathe it.

As to lack of confidence, it depends on your standards. By western standards, most asians do lack confidence cause they are not assertive. In any case, there is nothing in Chinese culture that says that confidence is a good thing or to be encouraged. The elite would have a harder time controlling the masses if they were confident. That's not what they want.

Americans at least can be outspoken sometimes.

I don't see what Shaolin monks carrying cell phones has to do with anything here.

I will post the original Bruce Lee footage from the Chinese version of that film here, so that you or Momopi can translate it.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Alright I found it. Here is the Bruce Lee film clip in question. But it's in Cantonese. Can you understand Cantonese Globetrotter? But it does have English subtitles, and the subtitles pretty much say the same thing as the dubbed English version. The clip starts at 5:30.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VB1-fA47L4