Globetrotter, dano, are Chinese women like these attainable?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Winston
Site Admin

Globetrotter, dano, are Chinese women like these attainable?

Post by Winston »

Globetrotter, Dano, and anyone else who lives in China,

Are Chinese women like these attainable? If so, to what degree?

http://www.loveme.com/mp/info605.htm

http://www.loveme.com/mp/info613.htm

Also, how easy is it to find a nonmaterialistic nonshallow Chinese girl in China? Are there New Age or spiritual groups that you can join to meet such girls?

Thanks.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
dano
Freshman Poster

Post by dano »

The first thing every gold digger in China does is move to a big city. Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen are full of gold diggers, so you want to avoid these cities to put the odds in your favor of finding a good woman. In the Philippines you don't go to makati to find a girlfriend, its the same in China. Ideally, you want to go to the poorest provinces to a find a good woman. Guangxi, or inner mongolia would be a good place to start.

About 1 in 10 chinese women look like the women in your pictures Winston, so finding beauty in China is easy. Everytime you turn your head another smokin hot woman walks by, after a while you just get used to it.

The biggest problem is chinese/western relationships have a lower success rate than western/western relationships.
Narcissism is part of chinese culture. Being ripped off or bitched at by your girlfriend is normal. So you want to find a woman that has a good relationship with her father(by western standards). Probably, 80% of chinese women are not girlfriend material, but I did meet a few that were really nice. You can determine how materialistic she is by how fashionable her clothes are, its the same in any country.
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

I agree with everything Dano says.

As far as finding 'New Age' or 'Spiritual' groups, they don't exist or were outlawed in China.

F a l / o o n ..d o n g and others just don't exist.

China is Godless or Taoist or Buddhist with a few underground Christians and the occasional Church. There are more Moslems than those groups.

Behaviour here is regulated by the concept of Face, by social networks that act as brakes upon behaviour and by Conservative Values.

By Conservative I do not mean in the Western sense, but in the sense of more restricted, less free, less modern. Girls go to school then Uni might have one bf, probably don't f**k, move back to their hometown, find a job, get a bf, get pressured into marriage by the parents after 2 years. Saying 'No' to parents here is impossible and unthinkable. They marry their first and only bf thus the 90% virgins on marriage night or when you begin dating. Sex==Met my Parents to ask permission to marry me. 22 year old women have the naivety of 13 year old girls in the USA. They are 7 years behind in social and sexual development.

Many Chinese outside the big cities consider your lifestyle, or just modern Western serial dating, to be decadent Western hegemony that would corrupt Chinese culture, youth and women. If you have an STD and give it to your girl you can count on the PSB finding out and you will be deported for corrupting China with your decadent Western cultural ways. Asian cultures are xenophobic. Remember that China has NEVER had a sexual revolution and some consider what is going on in major cities right now to be the equivalent of one. A Young girl moves to the Big City to screw around far from home so that she can move back and be a 'virgin' to her husband.

Gamble close, Monger far.
Last edited by globetrotter on May 16th, 2010, 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

But what if you just want a short term girlfriend for fun and hang out? Are the gold diggers ok for that at least?

Usually the good girls in villages aren't very attractive and their skin is undelicate and savage looking right? Not refined or delicate.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

Winston wrote:But what if you just want a short term girlfriend for fun and hang out? Are the gold diggers ok for that at least?

Usually the good girls in villages aren't very attractive and their skin is undelicate and savage looking right? Not refined or delicate.
China is a Han monoethnic culture but there is huge variety in phenotype and genotype.

I see the following types of people in my small city:
People who look like Caucasians with freckles (very few), Mongolians, Russians, your average Socal Chinese in Monterrey Park, Koreans, Japanese, Europeans (very few), Native Americans such as Apache, Navajo and such, Mexicans with curly hair, light skinned very pretty CCTV presenters, and your average peasant lower class girl. Chinese all look very very different to my eyes there is nothing common about them. I see knockouts every single day and I live in a small nowhere city of 50,000. The better dressed women are always married or established in a career, the ones not well dressed are always younger. Most Chinese women want nice things AND ALL young Chinese girls here DO NOT mention money when asked what they want in a husband. Kind, good man, compatible, funny, easy to talk to are values commonly mentioned. One or two mention 'Someone like me' (meaning me, their teacher).

Almost all kids are in school to 18 and 80% go to college. Thus most do not work in the fields and get 'undelicate and savage skin' as education is valued as a ticket out of peasantry. All young girls are educated, working in a restaurant, selling mobile phones, or working in a business of some sort, indoors.

You can go to the big cities and play. Average income there is 25,000 CNY per month. That's $3787.88 per month, $45k USD per year. Middle Class, solidly. So if you want to go and impress the Golddiggers you will need money, game, good clothes and some Hanyu. You are still young (you look in your early 30's) Winston so you can go to clubs, bars, etc. Go to the places young women want to go to but cannot afford -- whatever restaurant, ice cream parlour or other place they want to go on weekends. You will see them hanging out around there.

Offer to buy them ice cream, dinner, whatever. Suggest they return to your hotel. Don't get a Hostel room, get an OK hotel, not the Hyatt or Marriott at $129 USD/ 888 CNY per night. 168 CNY is a good, average figure. You can offer to buy them dinner or take them shopping the next day, it's just like the concept of 'being understanding' and 'I'll take care of you' in the PI for ST non-pros. Be a mensch, buy her a purse, you are both happy. Spend a few hundred CNY. If she really likes you you may not need to buy her items after the first date.

Chinese girls in the City want STUFF. They also want, ultimately, a Chinese bf or husband except those that frequent western bars and are Anglo-groupies.

As always hookers abound and if you cannot tell one from a freelancer, non-pro or just the 99% who are your average Chinese Girl I cannot help you tell them apart.

The people here KNOW that China is growing dramatically fast and is quickly becoming a world power. These are Boom Times and The Good Ole Days. TPTB and education drum it into them that 'China is a developing country' but it is already developed in many places and it is growing so fast it is truly astonishing to behold. I can see it happen before my eyes. Amazing thing to watch. They KNOW it is their turn to be No. 1 and thus they want a good Chinese mate and a family with 1 or 2 kids, a car, nice apartment, your basic Middle Class lifestyle. Couple this with Chinese xenophobia, insularity and The Middle Kingdom pov and most Chinese want to date, f**k and marry someone who is Chinese. They are VERY nationalistic and proud.

As well they should be.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

What about Buddhist groups then? Are those good groups to find Chinese girls in?

Globetrotter, you said that they were conservative. But I heard that they are approachable. Do they make eye contact with you and smile? Can you just approach them and chat them up?

Do they talk to strangers easily or only to people that are introduced by their friends?

What about Chengdu? I heard it was as wild as Angeles City, except the girls were smarter?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Also, how much does it cost to get a visa to China? And how long is it good for? Is it best to get it at the Chinese embassy or a travel agency?

And how does one extend it? Can you extend it inside China at the immigration office?

globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

Winston wrote:What about Buddhist groups then? Are those good groups to find Chinese girls in?

Globetrotter, you said that they were conservative. But I heard that they are approachable. Do they make eye contact with you and smile? Can you just approach them and chat them up?

Do they talk to strangers easily or only to people that are introduced by their friends?

What about Chengdu? I heard it was as wild as Angeles City, except the girls were smarter?
Buddhist Groups? You mean the temples that are everywhere? People don't mingle at temple they mingle at celebrations of various events at town squares.

They are very approachable and make eye contact and smile. It is trivially easy to approach and chat them up.

Gots to know the Mandarin, tho.

Heard the same about Chengdu, heading there this summer. Girls are like SE Asia, curious, want to f**k and date Westerners to see if the rumours they hear of size, hairiness, stamina are true.

Gots to know the Hanyu, tho.
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

Winston wrote:Also, how much does it cost to get a visa to China? And how long is it good for? Is it best to get it at the Chinese embassy or a travel agency?

And how does one extend it? Can you extend it inside China at the immigration office?
Chinese visas are a pain. It's about $130 USD for a 3 month visa. Get a tourist visa and see if you can extend it in-country. My school handles this with Guanxi and all that. A tourist visa with multiple entries (remember that Hong Kong and Macau are different countries for PRC visa purposes) would be ideal. The Chinese want you to spend as much money as possible while here.

There are visa services here (3000 CNY or 400 USD) that will do anything you want, but you gotta pay that $400.

Costs:
Visa $130
Airfare Manila- Shanghai $400
Hotel room one month 30 X 168 CNY = 763 USD
Daily expenses 20 X 30 = 900 CNY = 137 USD
Train tickets 300 CNY = 45 USD

Total: $1475 for one month

Ferries to Shanghai are cheaper and more colourful.
Cheaper rooms in low budget hotels are available for 50 CNY per night.
You can eat one street stall meal a day for 5 cny

These tips save 400 to 500 USD.

Keep in mind that every single tourist attraction in China is pay to enter and is 100 CNY to 300 CNY. The tickets are not cheap and you cannot get discounts. Travel to Xī Zàng ( teeee bett) needs a special visa for non-Chinese and is expensive but worth it.
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Winston Check Your PM Box

Post by globetrotter »

Winston Check Your PM Box
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Is $130 for a three month visa the cheapest you can get? What about for one month? I was told that China visas are cheap? That's kinda expensive. Maybe it's cheaper if you use a Taiwan passport? Is that through the embassy or a travel agent?

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:
I stayed in Chengdu for over 3 months and had a great time. If Angeles City is anything like Pattaya, then no, I think its quite different.

This was about 6 years ago and I met girls via:

- Asian Friendfinder (over 25 meetings and good percentage yielded results)
- Chat-ups on the street around shopping areas (some politely refused, some gave cell numbers, and a few of these yielded results)
- Introduction from a local bar owner of a small expat hangout (just 1)
- Chat-up to manager in 5 star hotel business center (just 1)
- Chat-up to a Tibetan girl in that section of town and brought her back on the spot. Amazingly, she was just 20 and already had some eye wrinkles (locals warned me to be careful in that section of town)
- Chat-up to hostel receptionist

Keep in mind I focused on taller girls so I probably overlooked a lot you would like.

There are also small barbershops all over the place but I didn't try them out. They're supposed to be pretty cheap.

There were also a handful of western hangouts (restaurant/disco, some small bars, and hostel complexes that caters to both foreigners and young Chinese travelers).

Chengdu is fairly laid back and people love to hang-out and drink tea.

Chendgu style Sichuan dialect was what most people spoke to each other in public. A decent Mandarin speaker can probably understand about 30% or so once he gets used to it. The younger set speaks good Mandarin too unless their education level is very poor. These days, a lot of people travel around China so people are getting used to speaking Mandarin to communicate with outsiders.

I used Mandarin for all my chat-ups and relationship building and it helped immensely. There was a limited pool of decent English speakers too. You would often find them in the western hangouts. Mandarin really broadens your prospects.
Last edited by Rock on May 16th, 2010, 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

globetrotter wrote: They are very approachable and make eye contact and smile. It is trivially easy to approach and chat them up.

Gots to know the Mandarin, tho.
Are you sure? Do all people agree on that?

The thing is, in most places the approachability thing is not agreed upon by everyone. There are many white guys who think Taiwanese women are friendly and easy to chat up. But I'm in Taiwan and I'm thinking WHAT THE f***ing HELL ARE THOSE GUYS SMOKING?! I would swear to God that that is not the case at all. The only time a Taiwanese girl makes eye contact with me, is when she is thinking, "Why is that creep looking at me for?!" Not only do they not make eye contact, but when I want to talk to them, I get the feeling that I'm committing some kind of crime. It's VERY uncomfortable and I am sure it is not my imagination. Even in clothing stores, hot girls who work there will not talk to me.

Yet there are many guys who argue that Taiwanese girls are friendly and easy to meet. It's like the Twilight Zone. Seeing a friendly Taiwanese girl with an open exterior that is not inhibited would to me be like seeing a UFO or Bigfoot. A huge anomaly.

Even some Asian Americans argue that Taiwanese girls are friendly and that they met some and were approached by them even. So it's not always a matter of whether you are white or asian.

Oddly, one local Taiwanese guy I met in a hostel told me that when he was in China, he did not notice that the girls were more friendly than they were in Taiwan.

Go figure.

I'll tell you. It's VERY frustrating and infuriating to your balls and hormones when you see hot girls everywhere yet you can't do anything about it cause they are not approachable at all, not even for eye contact or smiles. That is very very damn frustrating and painful.

Some claim that Japanese girls are friendly and approachable too. Yet if you are there, you will think "What the f**k were they smoking?!"

Even in Germany, some people say the women are friendly and feminine there, and that they score easily there. Yet others find them to be cold and independent. When I was in the airport in Frankfurt, Germany a few times, the women there seemed very cold and grim, even if they were working in customer service. None were cheerful.

Heck, some even consider LA and NY to be friendly and say that it's easy to get girls there.

Now I consider the town I lived in Washington, Bellingham, to be colder than Jupiter in terms of the social vibe. But most people who go there or live there claim it's warm and friendly and they met a lot of great people! WTF?! Only a minority complain about it like me.

This letter I got recently is also from one who thinks it's weird that everyone loves Bellingham except him:
Dear Winston,

I read what you wrote about Bellingham, and I can say that it made me genuinely smile which doesn't happen much since I moved to this parallel dimension of the chaos realm,

God's purgatory beta gone wrong and forgotten. I hate this place so much it makes me feel sick with rage just thinking about it. I agree with everything you say and more. I feel

alone most of the time in my hatred for this town because everyone FROM here has the most raging f***ing hard-on for this God forsaken shithole; and no one seems to agree with

me.

I have a personal story about this place that I think you might be interested in. A story about me trying to leave here and the ridiculous things that have kept me here, like almost

dying a couple times, catastrophic car failures, losing jobs, getting screwed out of thousands of dollars from employers, etc.

Anyway, if you are still here, as am I, maybe we could help eachother leave, or at least be an anti-B'ham alliance and work together to kick this place in the f***ing balls and tear it's "curse" a new asshole.

Owen
For more haters of Bellingham, see my reader responses here: http://www.happierabroad.com/Bellingham ... ponses.htm

Yet they are still a minority. Most people love Bellingham and claim it is very friendly.

I hate it when a place is obviously non-social yet you aren't allowed to talk about it or else you will be seen as a freak. It's like not being allowed to say that the sky is blue on a clear day. Very weird.

Like I said, people are not unanimous about the friendliness of most places. The Philippines is one of the few places where everyone is unanimous about the girls being so approachable and friendly.
Last edited by Winston on May 16th, 2010, 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Is $130 for a three month visa the cheapest you can get? What about for one month? I was told that China visas are cheap? That's kinda expensive. Maybe it's cheaper if you use a Taiwan passport? Is that through the embassy or a travel agent?
Winston, just a piece of advice.

Go in as a Taiwanese. Its probably easier but check to make sure. Then present yourself to people as a well traveled Taiwanese, not ABC. When you run into girls who prefer ABCs, you can easily make the switch to your American side. You already speak fluent Taiwanese and are currently in Taiwan. Leverage this to quickly learn Mandarin.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out these Chinese women that are my type!

This tall hot one says she is a flight attendant. Why would a flight attendant be using A Foreign Affair?

http://www.loveme.com/women/info104565.htm

And check out this one. I can't believe her profile says she's 45. Have you ever seen a 45 year old woman look this good? No way!

http://www.loveme.com/invar/services/wo ... ame=6_SuLi