EVERY filipina girl I have talked to online has done this...

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Re: EVERY filipina girl I have talked to online has done thi

Post by Zambales »

I'll tell my story about Filipina's when I've got more time but firstly the best bit of advice I can give is if you're using dating sites is to put on your profile that you're never going to send money EVER, to her or to her family. You will understand this once I've told my story.

Put this at the beginning of your profile and in capital letters if need be. It may not be completely foolproof but it will weed out the majority of scammers saving a lot of time and effort. You may need to emphasise this point again though just to be sure they understand.

And for what it's worth, a true Filipina will work and send money to her family if she moves to your country. She won't expect you to support them yourself.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Yohan wrote:...some are still married
Wouldn't that make them completely out of bounds (adultery)?
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

Zambales wrote:I'll tell my story about Filipina's when I've got more time but firstly the best bit of advice I can give is if you're using dating sites is to put on your profile that you're never going to send money EVER, to her or to her family. You will understand this once I've told my story.

Put this at the beginning of your profile and in capital letters if need be. It may not be completely foolproof but it will weed out the majority of scammers saving a lot of time and effort. You may need to emphasise this point again though just to be sure they understand.

And for what it's worth, a true Filipina will work and send money to her family if she moves to your country. She won't expect you to support them yourself.
I think you are right. Such a move, would help avoid bad cases, time and effort.
I put a phrase like that, but not 'I will not gonna send money to your parents', but something like 'if you are going to ask money, proceed to the next profile'.
I hope it would work.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

mentor wrote:
Zambales wrote:I'll tell my story about Filipina's when I've got more time but firstly the best bit of advice I can give is if you're using dating sites is to put on your profile that you're never going to send money EVER, to her or to her family. You will understand this once I've told my story.

I think you are right. Such a move, would help avoid bad cases, time and effort.
I put a phrase like that, but not 'I will not gonna send money to your parents', but something like 'if you are going to ask money, proceed to the next profile'.
I hope it would work.
LOL. That part made me laugh. The second example is better but with EVER included. Initially you've got to come across that you won't take any shit from anyone. It will also say to her that you're serious about a relationship too. Don't forget, Filipina's have to deal with scammers too.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Zambales wrote:
mentor wrote:

I hope it would work.
LOL. That part made me laugh. The second example is better but with EVER included. Initially you've got to come across that you won't take any shit from anyone. It will also say to her that you're serious about a relationship too. Don't forget, Filipina's have to deal with scammers too.
It doesn't matter what you write in your profile - no one reads them or takes them seriously if they do. What are you gonna do two years after you marry her and find out that her mother's ill and needs surgery, "Don't you remember what I wrote in my profile..." Lunacy.

It doesn't matter what you write (and this comes from a writer). It only matters what you do or don't do. If you like a girl online pursue it and meet her.

I have no clue what my wife wrote on her profile nor does she remember what I wrote. I assume her pics were cute :)
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

davewe wrote:
Zambales wrote:
mentor wrote:

I hope it would work.
It doesn't matter what you write in your profile - no one reads them or takes them seriously if they do. What are you gonna do two years after you marry her and find out that her mother's ill and needs surgery, "Don't you remember what I wrote in my profile..." Lunacy.

It doesn't matter what you write (and this comes from a writer). It only matters what you do or don't do. If you like a girl online pursue it and meet her.

I have no clue what my wife wrote on her profile nor does she remember what I wrote. I assume her pics were cute :)
I'm not sure you're entirely correct here. For example, I put on my title at the top and again in my profile body that I'm looking for TALL girls, preferably w some curviness. I also emphasized that I didn't want gold diggers which to me means someone expecting financial help of any kind.

Well guess what? That kind of profile gets less responses than a lot of the more generic ones (or maybe it's just my photo is too ugly lol). So apparently it does act as a partial filter. It also attracted some quality responses:

- Hey Rock, I think I fit your bill, I'm 5'7", light skinned, educated, etc. OR

- Hey I'm chubby in the right place ;) OR

- I'm so sad, I'm not qualified, I'm only 5'3", but can we still be friends

Sure there were still some out of my spec range idiots who had contacted me but had clearly not read my profile even tho they pretended they had. I just reply to those asking them, please read my profile first!

Some girls will state clearly in their profile that they ARE NOT looking for someone to support them or someone old enough to be their dad. That they can make their own money, etc.

Now if you meet these types, you can base the development of your relationship on those founding principals - what you were seeking specifically, the fact that she matched that, and also the claims she made in her profile. In those cases, it will be fine to remind her in case she should ever be tempted to ask for help (but that generally does not happen in these cases) that the basis on which your relationship was formed included those principals discussed and even memorialized in the original profiles. Yes, communication is key in the early stages w someone you might wanna share a life with, especially values and long term expectations including whether or not to have kids and when.

You guys should look at this list of Philippines provinces and cities HDI indexes and Poverty Rates. There is a huge variance between areas. If you get a girl from a poor region, she's likely gonna be very short (malnourished) and maybe not be as developed mentally. So it may be impossible for her to think far into the future or see things abstractly. I think a lot of Winston's insults towards Filipinos is based on the ones he's been exposed to which are predominantly from poor regions of the Visayas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_P ... ment_Index

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poverty_i ... hilippines

So yes, it does matter what you write in your profile if you let it act as one of your filters. And some of the better girls do this too. I remember one girl I knew even embedded in her long profile "please address messages to me with the title Panic in the Disco" so that I know you have read through my profile thoroughly. And anyone who did not title their message to her with that phrase automatically got deleted without even a read.

If you assume they don't read your profile and put up a bunch of generic stuff, you will attract a lot of sludge like most foreigners do.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Rock wrote:
I'm not sure you're entirely correct here. For example, I put on my title at the top and again in my profile body that I'm looking for TALL girls, preferably w some curviness. I also emphasized that I didn't want gold diggers which to me means someone expecting financial help of any kind.

Well guess what? That kind of profile gets less responses than a lot of the more generic ones (or maybe it's just my photo is too ugly lol). So apparently it does act as a partial filter. It also attracted some quality responses:
The question and my answer involved whether to put in something in your profile about not contributing to some girl's family as a good strategy for filtering girls interested in supporting their parents, and I responded that 2 years after you're married and her mother's in the hospital you're not gonna be reminding her that "hey I told you in my profile - no money."

But I certainly do agree that basic physical characteristics (height, weight, age, etc.) are reasonable to put in there. The only purpose served by the original profile is to start the conversation. After the relationship is well under way - it's all forgotten.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

davewe wrote:
Zambales wrote:
mentor wrote:

I hope it would work.

I take 'no' it isn't a word in your vocabulary. Becoming a 'yes man' in this game is like making a rod for your own back. Lunacy indeed. You do know that these crisis' they have can be fictitious?
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Zambales wrote:

I take 'no' it isn't a word in your vocabulary. Becoming a 'yes man' in this game is like making a rod for your own back. Lunacy indeed. You do know that these crisis' they have can be fictitious?
So let me see if I get what you are saying. If you post in your dating profile some inane statement about not doling out money to the girl's family that makes you a "no man" and covers you for life.

Whether you say yes or no to a request from your spouse is gonna be based on your decision at the time - not because you said so in an Internet dating profile years before.

But if Mentor thinks this is a winning strategy he should go for it and get back to us in a few years and tell us whether it still works on his wife. Of course that implies that he ever has a relationship with a Filipina - which seems unlikely.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

davewe wrote:
Zambales wrote:
mentor wrote:
Zambales wrote:
It doesn't matter what you write (and this comes from a writer). It only matters what you do or don't do.
I will partially agree with you. I mostly agree with Rock.
We try to do our best. At least we try. An effort for filtering, could help.

I am thinking to put in my profile, this thing I barely understood, but now I understand: 'please read my profile first'. And I will put 'ever' in 'asking money'....

Of course, a profile, does not mean that will lead the future in a relationship.
But, as Rock told, it is a good filtering for the start, and set some principles to begin with.

When I see profiles almost telling nothing or just silly thing, I just skip them.
We should pay attention to some things, if we want less troubles later.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Re:

Post by WorldTraveler »

dano wrote:
pete98146 wrote:I met my lovely wife online on Cherry Blossoms. I've posted this a tip a few times but I guess it bears repeating for the new guys that are looking for love online.

Don't know about some of the other sites but Cherry Blossoms has an advanced search engine. Absolutely the easiest way to get rid of the less desirable women is to only correspond with those girls with a 4 year degree. Most of these girls have decent jobs and are less likely to have their hands out begging for money online. Guess what? These girls will also be smarter, more mature and in the long run make better wives.

Don't forget that YOU are the grand prize and they are the commodity. Less than 10% of Filipino women that wish to meet a western guy and move abroad ever succeed. With this being the case, why would you not want the best that the Philippines has to offer?
I agree with Pete. Theres a lot of really sincere filipinas out there. I think your chances of finding a good filipina are much higher than your chances of finding a sincere western woman. The problem is most guys are not very good at weeding out the bad ones from day one.

Many filipinas are as lonely and sexually frustrated as western men. I am constantly surprised how many sexy looking filipinas have dumped by there filipino boyfriends. The last thing these women want is another failed relationship. I chatted with one filipina(now 32 yrs old) that had only one boyfriend her entire life.

I have 25 years of bad relationships under my belt so I had a hard time letting my guard down with filipinas, but I managed to do it. The filipina I chat with everyday has never asked me about my financial status(car, house, income), even once. Its clear to me her intentions are honorable.
Dano,
I’m sure there are good Pinays out there waiting to get married to foreign men for life. I’ve been going to Phil for 8 years and have been in Long Term Relationships and dated others too. Filipinas will tell you what you want to hear. I certainly wouldn’t believe she’s had only one boyfriend in her 32 years. If you’re looking for a certain type of girl, you can bet she is that type. I’ve had several beautiful Pinays tell me they haven’t had sex in years. LOL.

I do know two Pinays living in my town in the USA that divorced their husbands after 2 years and are living “la vida loca”. I don’t think they have any guilt that their husbands were in love with them and put a tremendous amount of effort into getting them over. To them, their husbands owed it to them and was lucky to have had them for that short period of time. Just be careful because they are skilled at lying and getting what they want. Don’t be one of their causalities, as they seek an even better life. Take it very slowly.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Re: Re:

Post by mentor »

WorldTraveler wrote: I do know two Pinays living in my town in the USA that divorced their husbands after 2 years and are living “la vida loca”. I don’t think they have any guilt that their husbands were in love with them and put a tremendous amount of effort into getting them over. To them, their husbands owed it to them and was lucky to have had them for that short period of time. Just be careful because they are skilled at lying and getting what they want. Don’t be one of their causalities, as they seek an even better life. Take it very slowly.
Do filipinas divorce????
I hoped that were traditional girls, and divorce was almost forbidden!
And you tell that not only they divorce, but they did so, not just in some filipino guys, but to western guys who tried a lot to bring them to USA!!!
Totally tragic.
In any case, we should pay attention, but these examples show that it could happen, and it it a very bad situation.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

mentor wrote:
WorldTraveler wrote: I do know two Pinays living in my town in the USA that divorced their husbands after 2 years and are living “la vida loca”. I don’t think they have any guilt that their husbands were in love with them and put a tremendous amount of effort into getting them over. To them, their husbands owed it to them and was lucky to have had them for that short period of time. Just be careful because they are skilled at lying and getting what they want. Don’t be one of their causalities, as they seek an even better life. Take it very slowly.
Do filipinas divorce????
And you tell that not only they divorce, but they did so, not just in some filipino guys, but to western guys who tried a lot to bring them to USA!!!
Totally tragic.
In any case, we should pay attention, but these examples show that it could happen, and it it a very bad situation.
Divorce is only forbidden in the Philippines. They are quick to divorce when they come to the USA. They can take half the man's assets in many states, so all the better reason to get a divorcee.

A friend of mine just married a 33 year old Thai women. He's worth almost a million dollars in assets. I asked him did you sign a prenuptial agreement. His answer was, he meant to do it, but never got around to it. Let's see how long she stays with him.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

WorldTraveler wrote:
mentor wrote:
Do filipinas divorce????
Totally tragic.
Divorce is only forbidden in the Philippines. They are quick to divorce when they come to the USA. They can take half the man's assets in many states, so all the better reason to get a divorcee.

A friend of mine just married a 33 year old Thai women. He's worth almost a million dollars in assets. I asked him did you sign a prenuptial agreement. His answer was, he meant to do it, but never got around to it. Let's see how long she stays with him.

No safe place for men, in this planet?
If they are easy to divorce, I don' think they differ much from western girls.

I hope their culture to make them stay loyal and avoid divorce at all cost, even if they live in country with such 'bad' freedoms.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

mentor wrote:No safe place for men, in this planet?
If they are easy to divorce, I don' think they differ much from western girls.

I hope their culture to make them stay loyal and avoid divorce at all cost, even if they live in country with such 'bad' freedoms.
It is legally impossible to divorce in the Philippines. So if you go there, and get married by Filipino law, that means you cannot get divorced. You may get an annulment of marriage, but this takes up to twenty years and is so expensive most couples don't go through with it.

If you don't want to divorce, there are only two nations in the world where you do not have this risk: Vatican City, and the Philippines. For this, you will have to relocate and actually live inside the Philippines however. Outside of the Philippines, a Filipina can still divorce you. But stay there and it will be impossible.

So, there is a "safe place" for men who do not want to get divorced. But you don't want to go there, so no use in telling you. ;)
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144