Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

Philippines - Travel Tips & Resources

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Alepeno
Freshman Poster

Re: Philippines - Travel Tips & Resources

Post by Alepeno » November 24th, 2015, 8:02 am

Thanks for sharing the great information about Philippines. I have been explored this country and it was such an amazing sort of time for me. I literately had an blast at that place, It was quite an amazing sort of time for me. I must say that the country is full with so many of the amazing and beautiful attractions which always attracts a person so much to be there. Hope will find he chance to be there again.

fdiv
Freshman Poster

Post by fdiv » May 17th, 2018, 12:30 pm

I would like to know something I'm unsure about for hotels in AC. There seem to be plenty of cheap hotels in the main entertainment area. Some look ok, some look shady. My question is, are they always upfront about allowing guests? Or are they something I would want to avoid if I want to be discrete with guests?
options in the US: maybe have a shot at a angry bluehaired landwhale and then, prison :roll:
options abroad: limitless 8)

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » May 19th, 2018, 10:47 pm

fdiv wrote:
May 17th, 2018, 12:30 pm
I would like to know something I'm unsure about for hotels in AC. There seem to be plenty of cheap hotels in the main entertainment area. Some look ok, some look shady. My question is, are they always upfront about allowing guests? Or are they something I would want to avoid if I want to be discrete with guests?
Yes of course they allow guests for you to bring back to your room. That's what people go there for. However, a few require the girls to show their ID's, which can be a bummer. I stayed at a cheap one with good location and they had that policy. But it's flexible if the girl looks obviously over 18 or like a non-whore. lol. There are good deals on AC hotels on Agoda.com. I used that to book with credit card so I didn't need to use cash.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

GuyAbroad8293
Freshman Poster

Post by GuyAbroad8293 » May 21st, 2018, 11:28 am

Winston wrote:
May 19th, 2018, 10:47 pm
fdiv wrote:
Yes of course they allow guests for you to bring back to your room. That's what people go there for. However, a few require the girls to show their ID's, which can be a bummer. I stayed at a cheap one with good location and they had that policy. But it's flexible if the girl looks obviously over 18 or like a non-whore. lol. There are good deals on AC hotels on Agoda.com. I used that to book with credit card so I didn't need to use cash.
I guess that they want them to show their IDs because they don't want under 18 girls having sex in their hotel because they would get in huge trouble for that. I knew one American guy who got in big shit in Cambodia because the girls he thought was 18 claimed to be 12, but in reality they were actually 18 but the legal court dismissed that and he got thrown in jail for a year until he finally bribed his way out by having his family give a huge donation to some politician.

fdiv
Freshman Poster

Post by fdiv » May 24th, 2018, 1:42 am

GuyAbroad8293 wrote:
May 21st, 2018, 11:28 am
Winston wrote:
fdiv wrote:
I guess that they want them to show their IDs because they don't want under 18 girls having sex in their hotel because they would get in huge trouble for that. I knew one American guy who got in big shit in Cambodia because the girls he thought was 18 claimed to be 12, but in reality they were actually 18 but the legal court dismissed that and he got thrown in jail for a year until he finally bribed his way out by having his family give a huge donation to some politician.
See that is kind of what I was getting at. This is one of those things that is not obvious. On one hand I guess I was concerned about opening up oneself to abuse/scams when logging guests into a hotel, but if you didn't use a hotel that did makes guests check in, you could be in for a worse scam like that fellow. I mean we've all heard about travelers being robbed/shaken down in Philippine hotels. But from what I've read those seem to be older scams in the Phils.
options in the US: maybe have a shot at a angry bluehaired landwhale and then, prison :roll:

GuyAbroad8293
Freshman Poster

Post by GuyAbroad8293 » May 25th, 2018, 12:16 pm

fdiv wrote:
May 24th, 2018, 1:42 am
GuyAbroad8293 wrote:
Winston wrote:
fdiv wrote:
See that is kind of what I was getting at. This is one of those things that is not obvious. On one hand I guess I was concerned about opening up oneself to abuse/scams when logging guests into a hotel, but if you didn't use a hotel that did makes guests check in, you could be in for a worse scam like that fellow. I mean we've all heard about travelers being robbed/shaken down in Philippine hotels. But from what I've read those seem to be older scams in the Phils.
Why would a hotel scam the people paying money to stay there, in the age of online hotel reviews? Rather it's the hotels themselves that don't want to be a breeding ground for underage prostitution. It's actually a very good thing because the hotel is making sure the bitch you brought back is over 18, so should any funny business happen, the hotel person could testify that they verified she was above 18.

It's the f***ing NGOs that are scamming people. I've heard of NGOs busting into locked rooms in massage parlours and photographing western men involved in prostitution and demanding extortion money. That's why taking a girl back to your hotel is truly the safest thing because at least your hotel room has locked doors.

fdiv
Freshman Poster

Post by fdiv » May 25th, 2018, 12:34 pm

GuyAbroad8293 wrote:
May 25th, 2018, 12:16 pm
fdiv wrote:
GuyAbroad8293 wrote:
Winston wrote:
fdiv wrote:
Why would a hotel scam the people paying money to stay there, in the age of online hotel reviews? Rather it's the hotels themselves that don't want to be a breeding ground for underage prostitution. It's actually a very good thing because the hotel is making sure the bitch you brought back is over 18, so should any funny business happen, the hotel person could testify that they verified she was above 18.

It's the f***ing NGOs that are scamming people. I've heard of NGOs busting into locked rooms in massage parlours and photographing western men involved in prostitution and demanding extortion money. That's why taking a girl back to your hotel is truly the safest thing because at least your hotel room has locked doors.
Speaking of the NGOs. I heard there were raids very recently on some AC bars. April I believe. There are videos up online even. But the didn't arrest any foreigners or anything. I think the Filipino police maybe are playing the NGOs doing show raids while taking all the NGO money for "assistance".

GuyAbroad8293
Freshman Poster

Post by GuyAbroad8293 » May 25th, 2018, 10:30 pm

fdiv wrote:
May 25th, 2018, 12:34 pm
GuyAbroad8293 wrote:
May 25th, 2018, 12:16 pm
fdiv wrote:
GuyAbroad8293 wrote:
Winston wrote:

Speaking of the NGOs. I heard there were raids very recently on some AC bars. April I believe. There are videos up online even. But the didn't arrest any foreigners or anything. I think the Filipino police maybe are playing the NGOs doing show raids while taking all the NGO money for "assistance".
That makes sense, as the police and politicians wouldn't want to scare away foreign tourism. These NGOs are mainly run by western women, western men, and christian groups. Total f***ing hypocrites, all of them! The NGOs make a show out of "stopping prostitution" and thus get tons of donations from rich idiot westerners. The local governments tolerates them for their huge donations they give to them.

Luckily the leader, Duterte or whatever his name is, is a bad ass motherf***er and openly is giving the middle finger to these western NGOs.

fdiv
Freshman Poster

Post by fdiv » July 18th, 2018, 12:58 am

Street urchins or vendors won't leave you alone?? Just say (calmly): "ano ang problema mo?' And they will buzz off,lol.