A Man's Guide to Life and Love in the Philippines - Larry Elterman

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

DCX_10 wrote:Winston, how many virgin girls have you landed in Philippines? I was told that it is a big deal in Philippines, like the family will chase after you?
Virgins? As far as I know, none.

But I was a few girls' "second", or so they claim.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

DCX_10
Freshman Poster

Post by DCX_10 »

I want to get myself a few Filipino virgins....
Winston wrote:
DCX_10 wrote:Winston, how many virgin girls have you landed in Philippines? I was told that it is a big deal in Philippines, like the family will chase after you?
Virgins? As far as I know, none.

But I was a few girls' "second", or so they claim.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

DCX_10 wrote:I want to get myself a few Filipino virgins....
Why? Does it feel more like an accomplishment to land a virgin? I don't get it. Is it more ego flattering to "break" a girl out of her virginity?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
Just to let you know, Steve keeps agreeing to post the 2nd interview with Larry, but then changes his mind, so obviously subconsciously he doesn't want it to be made public.

However, he is talking to Mark Edward Davis right now, whose book I introduced in the "Book and Website Recommendations" board, and is planning to do a formal interview with him, which will be really good and exciting. So we can look forward to that :)

In the meantime, I've archived some of Steve's past interviews with others such as Scott, Chris, etc. about American women for you to listen to here: http://www.happierabroad.com/podcasts.php
Last edited by Winston on August 14th, 2014, 5:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:
DCX_10 wrote:I want to get myself a few Filipino virgins....
Why? Does it feel more like an accomplishment to land a virgin? I don't get it. Is it more ego flattering to "break" a girl out of her virginity?
Yes, I think a lot of guys feel proud to break-in a virgin. One can argue that a girl will always remember her first time (don't you remember yours) and therefore, as her cherry popper, you will always occupy a special place in her life.

I know in Thailand and some other countries in Asia, a lot of virgins (real and fake) who enter the prostitution industry sell their 'first time' for big money (20-40X or more the regular LT rate depending on lots of other factors). I believe the strongest demand for young virgins comes from East Asian punters.

I've always tried to avoid having sex with virgins unless I thought we would be getting married in the future. The first cherry I popped was only 14...but hey, I was only 16, a virgin too, and wanted to marry her (only girl I ever got to date in high school so I was desperate). Lucky for me, she blew me off and moved to another state.

Some of the girls I've dated since moving abroad were virgins too. A portion of those have insisted on having full-on sex in spite of my reservations, even to the point of threatening to find a guy who would accommodate their needs if I did not come through. When pressured this way, I would usually comply. But I always told them a) I was not interested in marriage b) Giving-up virginity might make them less attractive as a serious partner to other guys. Usually, their response would be that I was being too serious, thinking too much, and they were not interested in guys who were so old fashioned or square.

DCX, if your goal is to find 'intentional virgins' (girls who are that way because they wanna save themselves for future husband and/or because their faith does not allow them to have sex while single), and pretend to be serious and marriage minded in order to deflower them, please stay where you are. Don't come abroad. IMO, you deserve the types of American girls we constantly bash on this forum.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Hi all,
Just to let you know, Steve keeps agreeing to post the 2nd interview with Larry, but then changes his mind, so obviously subconsciously he doesn't want it to be made public.

However, he is talking to Mark Edward Davis right now, whose book I introduced in the "Book and Website Recommendations" board, and is planning to do a formal interview with him, which will be really good and exciting. So we can look forward to that :)

In the meantime, I've archived some of Steve's past interviews with others such as Scott, Chris, etc. about American women for you to listen to here: http://www.happierabroad.com/podcasts.php
I get the impression that Steve has really been emotionally damaged by his experiences with women in the US. Hope he gets out before he completely loses it.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock wrote:
Winston wrote:Hi all,

I get the impression that Steve has really been emotionally damaged by his experiences with women in the US. Hope he gets out before he completely loses it.
Probably, as most of us here have been. I hope he goes to the Philippines soon so he can blow off steam. Otherwise, he should spend time listening to the relaxing spiritual music that Jamesbond and Momopi posted in that thread in the Music board. That definitely helps. I've sent those clips to him.
Last edited by Winston on August 14th, 2014, 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kylemann2
Freshman Poster

Post by kylemann2 »

Check out this review I did for elterman Larry's new book

The second part to the video:

Please enjoy!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I liked the second part of your video review Kairosan. The pics were hot too. Where did you get them?

Why don't you join Larry's affiliate program and insert your affiliate link into your video description box?

Here is the link to join it:
http://www.lifeandloveinthephilippines.com/affiliates/

Winston
Site Admin

Re: How do Filipinos survie on $100 a month - Questn from Wi

Post by Winston »

LarryElterman wrote:Winston Wu wrote me the following question: He was referring the the low salaries of Filipino workers. It’s a good question so I decided to answer it on the Forumn.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FROM WINSTON

That's very little money and salary. I've always wondered, how can anyone survive on 180p a day or even 300p a day. I mean, mathematically we could not survive on that. It's not enough even to pay rent and food everyday, nowhere near enough.

So how does the average Filipino survive and buy clothes, pay for trikes, food, bills, etc.? The numbers don't add up.

Furthermore, how do all the many SM Malls stay in business? The average price of jeans at SM is around 1000p or more. If someone is making 180p, how can they ever afford to buy those jeans, since they could not even pay for food or bills or their family's expenses and school fees, etc.

So then where do all the rich folks come from that keep SM in business everyday? Someone has to be buying stuff regularly. But who? The average person making 180p a day can't.

I could never add this up. I've asked many Filipinos to explain this mystery to me, but they aren't sure either. My girlfriend just says "Well they find a way to make ends meet" and leave it at that. But still, the numbers don't add up, not even close.

You ever figure this one out?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I can more or less answer this question.

First of all there are a lot of Filipinos that have access to help. Of course some are married to foreigners or have foreigner boy friends. Many have relatives married to foreigners. Many have family members working abroad and sending money home. Some are friends to more wealthy Filipinos that help them out. There are many pretty young woman being mistresses to wealthy Filipinos that help them out.

There is also a wealthy class in the Filipinos, perhaps a few percent, the ones owning all the land and business, and there is an upper class (but not rich of maybe ten percent)

So there are quite a few Filipinos with access to more than bare survival money.

But still, there are quite a number of Filipinos working and living on 5000 peso’s a month. How is it possible? For sure in the USA this would not be possible, but in the Philippines it is, and here is how:

First lets address housing

Some of them live in large groups in houses belonginging to the family clan. These are extremely basic shacks handed down from generation to generation. There is no taxes or costs associated with these houses (shacks).

Others rent a place with a group of friends. Maybe they rent a small basic apartment for six thousand a month and ten of them live there.

Still others rent what is called a bed space. This is basically just litterly renting a bed in a room with many other people. A bed space can be as little as 500 peso a month. A nicer one with a common room and tv and electricity might be 1000 a month.

Needless to say there is no privacy in any of these situations.

Now lets address food. They don’t eat at resteraunts. They buy there food at the market, and its nothing fancy for sure!

For example, they might subsist on mostly rice, a few vegitables and a tiny bit of pork or dried fish. A half pound of uncooked rice is about 10 peso. They might buy a few vegitables and pork and basically spend about 50 peso a day on food.

So far you have 1000 for the bed space and 1500 for food. That’s about 2500, and leaves 2500 for everything else.

Clothes? They don’t buy them at the SM mall, that’s for sure! They buy them at second hand shops where a pair of Jeans is 50 to 100 peso, and a Tee shirt is 20 peso. Shoes are second hand slippers (flip flops) costing 20 peso, or if they splurge for new ones, rubber flip flops for 80 peso.

They cant afford to go to the doctor or dentist. They don’t go to movies. For a lot of them the rest of the disposable income goes towards drinking!

By the way, want to get drunk for cheap? A big bottole of tanduay rum is only 100 peso or so, and this is luxury. You can buy rot got almost pure alcohol and for about 20 peso get roaring drunk.

It’s a pretty picture? Could you live that way?
Excellent breakdown Larry. I have another question. My girlfriend's sister recently delivered a baby and they had to do a cesarean. It cost them 50,000p. I heard that her boyfriend paid for it. Her boyfriend is not rich at all. He must be making at most 300p a day, I'd imagine. So how could he afford that? How do Filipino families afford expenses like that? What do they do when they need a cesarean and don't have that kind of dough? What happens then? How do they have so many kids with no money and so many massive bills? It doesn't add up. Many Americans do not even have an extra thousand dollars, so how are Filipino families able to come up with that, when they always claim to be broke? Any explanation?

Dianne told me that her sister's boyfriend borrowed half of it (25,000p) from his boss. But Filipinos are stingy and what kind of boss would lend out 25,000p to his worker or even be able to afford to loan out that much? Do you buy that?

WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Cracking Virgins

Post by WorldTraveler »

I’d like to comment on DCX original statements about wanting to crack virgins. I don't know if I've done a virgin internationally but I've did a few back in the West in the past. First many will remember you, yes, but not for the right reason. Many hate you because they want to believe you took advantage of them. I don’t remember any girls that wanted to stay friends or lovers after that. (I’m not talking about experience where a guy & girl date for years and both lose their virginity together. I’m talking about just meeting and it happening.
-
Secondly the sex is not that good, when the girl doesn’t know what she is doing.
-
I agree with Rock, that it is despicable trying to fool young Filipina girls into thinking you serious for marriage, if you are not.
-
I believe older guys that are infatuated with doing only virgins or 18 year olds have inadequacy problems. They want to do these virgins or 18 year olds because they fear the girl will know how bad they are in bed as lovers
-
DCX if you never done a virgin, I can tell you they are not good in bed. Get a girl that is not a slut but maybe done it with a couple of guys, then enjoy yourself.
ethan_sg
Freshman Poster

Can't be yourself in individualistic countries?

Post by ethan_sg »

I think the original point from 'Free' regarding freedom encompassing the freedom to be one's self in less developed (I prefer the word 'commercialized') countries is one of the best points I've read on this site.

Yes there is a lot of PC going on in the West especially regarding minorities and their general practices and behaviors. And it is true that from a political perspective, no one dares to mouth a negative/degrading/offensive word about them because that is extremely taboo in the West. But that doesn't mean that they're not judging them internally, introspectively. In fact, the very fact that PC is such a sensitive issue in the West is because there is a lot internal introspective judgment going on about people and the way they behave in the first place.

In many respects, a minority, particularly if he's a fresh immigrant, will be more scrutinized, analyzed and internally (if not explicitly) judged by those around him. Imagine a new Asian kid who just moved to the US stepping into a High School Class for the first time, with an entirely different accent, style and values from those around him. He, more than anyone else, will be judged and scrutinized.

There is no doubt a Western immigrant to a 3rd World Country will be in a sense noticed (I hesitate to say 'judged' or scrutinized') and garner attention by virtue of his foreignness as well, but not in the same 'oh why is he carrying his bag on just 1 shoulder instead of 2, oh why doesn't his belt match his shoes, oh his cologne doesn't quite match his personality' way, but in a far more positive, open manner, more the result of understandable curiosity than being anally judgmental.

I think the crux of 'Free's' point is that socially, in less commercialized countries, one is free to be one's self - people tend to take life less seriously and let people be who they are. There is no defined, oppressive orthodox 'fashionable', 'hip', 'chic', 'in' standard that everyone is expected to live up to. People almost never say for instance 'oh what a dorky comment to make, oh what a lame remark'. You just say what you wanna say and people respect it. You know how like in Western Movies or even in everyday life in Western countries, social interaction in a group often consists of making fun or simply poking fun at an individual within the group? Even if it's not meant to be personal or offensive? It's almost as if that's an essential element of social interaction in the West and it makes you very self conscious, even if the jokes aren't meant they offend you. You hardly see this in less commercialized countries. We can all interact in a group without making fun of each other. We laugh together and not at each other. Everyone can just be who they wanna be and others embrace their differences. It's almost as if like in a pantheistic sense, we are all 'one', interconnected, interdependent and interrelated. Everything we say and do is a result of an endless chain of interrelated causes and effects, all part of this natural energy that consummates human life.

As a result of this, people are not afraid to be themselves, to say what they want to say. This is precisely why we all feel so much less self conscious when we live in such places and this is an integral part of freedom.

Isn't it ironic that the West and all the modern liberalism that it's supposed to represent is also supposed to be fundamentally ideologically 'individualistic', upholding the freedom to be one's self and yet people feel more at ease to being themselves in less commercialized countries, many of which tend to be 'collectivist' cultures? I don't actually like the word 'collectivist' because it tends to be often used in a nationalistic context, as in deference to the state - the idea that collectivist cultures tend to be more willing to sacrifice individual freedom for the state - this is a whole different idea that is often used by dictators to manipulate the masses that I don't completely agree with but is not relevant to this post. What I really mean when I say that these less commercialized cultures are more collectivist is that they are in fact more 'communal'. People are more accepting of each other, less judgmental, more 'liberal' in the definitive sense, and tend to think more in terms of what would be conducive towards the happiness of the community - consisting of family, loved ones, closed friends and consisting also of an openness to accepting foreigners. This is where you find freedom - the freedom to be yourself, it's as simple and fundamental as that, but we do not have that in developed, commercialized countries.

ladislav wrote:I have found different places to be different when it comes to judging. It depends on who you are, and who they are, what group you are perceived to belong to and how they expect that group to behave. Generally, a Western white male who is different will be judged at home because he is a member of majority and thus is expected to confirm. In many places in the 3d world a western white male will be exempt because he is an outsider, a male, is thought of as rich and a tourist.
In the West they do not judge minorities. A black guy can walk around with huge dreadlocks and if anyone as much as squeaks, he calls them a racist. A Pakistani woman is London will parade around in Muslim clothes and people will lower their gaze out of PC respect for her. Gays will be kissing in parks and again, most people will respectfully, with a smirk turn away mumbling to themselves : I am not prejudiced, I am not prejudiced.

In the US, Europeans who do not act like mainstream Anglos will be judged and called all sorts of names. But people will not expect non mainstream people to do that.
In Asia, Asian women will be judged but not a Western man. This is why many people want to go to the US. Japanese women who feel oppressed in Japan, find freedom in America. Gays who would be dead in their country, Jews, all kinds of such people will breath freely in the US and enjoy the freedom. But not white males.

In the Philippines a white guy is above reproach and in India, too because of a very strong heritage of colonial oppression but a Filipina American girl coming from the US is treated like a hooker and is constantly judged. She is left alone in the USA , though. There, it is freedom for her to be herself. Not for me.

In Thailand, which was not colonized, white people are constantly judged but because you do not speak the language, what they say about you simply sounds like "ping pang pong poong" to you.

So, basically, you find a niche place for you. And depending on who and what you are in may be located here or there or wherever. Just check out where a person of YOUR type will be less judged.

In countries where traditionally oppressed groups suffer, they yearn to go to America and when they get there, they have freedom. In a country where they oppress men, the men would be better off if they went to places where someone else is oppressed and where they are left alone.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
Larry Elterman's ebook is now only $9.99! He cut the price in half to match the price on Amazon.com (which gives you the same commission whether you sell at $10 or $20). So if you haven't gotten it yet, now is a good time!

Here is the link to order it:

https://www.e-junkie.com/ecom/gb.php?ii ... &cl=109497

Hook
Freshman Poster

Post by Hook »

I really wish the interviewer would shut the hell up and let the other guy talk for more than two words between the interviewers diatribes. The interviewee would start to say something interesting, and the interviewer would consistently talk over him.

This disrespect may be part of his problem with women. Maybe.
Hook
Freshman Poster

Post by Hook »

Ok, I had to stop listening half way through. I was yelling at the guy thru my computer to STFU.
"So what do you think about that?"
"Well, I..."
"Exactly, my opinion is that blah, blah, blah"