Some thoughts on the culture of Philippines and 'Asia'

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

How much would a three-week trip to Cebu cost? Would US$3,000 cover the trip (not including air ticket)? ...
More than enough with the air ticket. Hotels- google- cheap hotels, Cebu. Pretty safe from random violent crime but watch out for pickpockets and over-chargers.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Free
Freshman Poster

Post by Free »

Last edited by Free on August 30th, 2010, 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Marcus Aurelius wrote:There has been some really good advice here on the Phillipines, I don't have a whole lot to add myself; but that my girlfriend who is moving here to be with me is from there. I agree with Cebu. She told me it is a great city. You will indeed find the liberated and the conservatives thrown into the mix....but what I like about them in general is how friendly they are. I got this in Indonesia. Just smile at them, look them in the eye (feel free, you won't be seen as 'creepy') and say hello to them. They will almost always smile and give you a warm hello. I was able to just chat up girls in Jakarta doing this. Think of 'game' but in a nice way, not a shitty one.

I don't think they are lazy, they are just not as industrialized therefore the work is a bit fewer and far between.

But as to their culture...what made them appealing to me, is a Christian, is that the conservatives, and even many of the liberated ones are only so to a point because they follow the Roman Catholic faith. This is a good thing for you, religious or not, because they believe in STAYING in the marriage, dislike divorce, and its a norm to have large families. My girlfriend has five brothers and sisters.

The catholic influence of spain from the west helped their culture; it has given them values that they truly embrace.
How did you meet this girl? Did you go to the Philippines? You have met her in person haven't you? How is she flying to the US to be with you? Is her family middle class?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

DCX_10 wrote:How much would a three-week trip to Cebu cost? Would US$3,000 cover the trip (not including air ticket)? Any recommendation of hotels? What about safety? Thanks a lot!
The cheapest tickets I found were through this site:

http://www.bt-store.com

The prices there change every hour though, so you'll just have to keep refreshing or reloading to find a lower price. You can get a really low price if you're lucky.

Or you can try the website for Hawaiian Airlines. They seem to have the lowest rates of the major carriers.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
DCX_10
Freshman Poster

Post by DCX_10 »

Thanks Ladislav. I appreciate your advice. So shopping mall is a good place to go. Any specific recommendations in Cebu? Other than shopping malls, any other recommendations?

Winston mentioned bars. I assume there are nice ones in Cebu as well. Any recommendations? Also, how much is the "bar fine"?
ladislav wrote:
How much would a three-week trip to Cebu cost? Would US$3,000 cover the trip (not including air ticket)? ...
More than enough with the air ticket. Hotels- google- cheap hotels, Cebu. Pretty safe from random violent crime but watch out for pickpockets and over-chargers.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

...malls, any other recommendations?
Malls: Gaysano South , Gaisano Metro, Gaisano Tabunok, Gaisano Mandaue ( Mahn-Dah-oo-way).
Ayala Mall
Robinson Mall

You can try waitresses at most restaurants. Try tagged.com if you want contacts in advance
Winston mentioned bars. I assume there are nice ones in Cebu as well. Any recommendations?
Ask the taxi driver to take you to bars on Mango Avenue. Ask also for St Moritz Bar, Thunderdome, Firehouse. Go to Junquera ( Hoon-kay-rah) Street and near Mercedez Hotel on Pelaez Street. There are bars there.

Bar fines should be P1500-2700.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
mentor
Freshman Poster

Re:

Post by mentor »

Marcus Aurelius wrote:There has been some really good advice here on the Phillipines, I don't have a whole lot to add myself; but that my girlfriend who is moving here to be with me is from there. I agree with Cebu. She told me it is a great city. You will indeed find the liberated and the conservatives thrown into the mix....but what I like about them in general is how friendly they are. I got this in Indonesia. Just smile at them, look them in the eye (feel free, you won't be seen as 'creepy') and say hello to them. They will almost always smile and give you a warm hello. I was able to just chat up girls in Jakarta doing this. Think of 'game' but in a nice way, not a shitty one.

I don't think they are lazy, they are just not as industrialized therefore the work is a bit fewer and far between.

But as to their culture...what made them appealing to me, is a Christian, is that the conservatives, and even many of the liberated ones are only so to a point because they follow the Roman Catholic faith. This is a good thing for you, religious or not, because they believe in STAYING in the marriage, dislike divorce, and its a norm to have large families. My girlfriend has five brothers and sisters.

The catholic influence of spain from the west helped their culture; it has given them values that they truly embrace.

Thanks for the useful information.
Christianity is the reason I mainly look in Filipinas.
It is a pity that the other Asian nations have few christians, but this changes rapidly too.
Anonymous1
Freshman Poster

Re: Some thoughts on the culture of Philippines and 'Asia'

Post by Anonymous1 »

DCX_10 wrote:I was looking at the world map today and it struck me where Philippines is. It is tropical. Historically people in tropical regions are lazy and unorganized. They can harvest food/catch fish all year long, there is no need for discipline/work ethic. (This is a very well known story in economics. Other than Singapore, a city state of mostly Chinese immigrants, there is no advanced economy in topical regions.)

5000 years of history runs deep; this is why many girls in Philippines are lazy; they have a culture/history of this.

But I think there is some misunderstanding on this forum regarding Asia. Firstly 60% of human population live in Asia, it includes China, Japan, Korea, and Vietnam, Thailand, Philippines, but also India, most of Russia, Iran, Iraq, and the four Stans. So by definition, all these people are "Asian". Now I know from my personal experience, there are many many very smart, industrious people in China. (The culture is anything but "lazy".) If your partner criteria is a hard working, intelligent, good looking and fertile young female, there are certainly many many such candidates in China. That's why I love Chinese girls. haha. (Oh one more thing, they are very very safe. Most 25 year old only had two or fewer partners. And you don't have to worry about getting them pregnant; they won't carry unwanted pregnancy through. each woman can only have one child by law so they are VERY careful.)

But I from what I read, I would love to check out Philippines. Question is how safe are they? How do I find non-whores but good looking girls in Philippines?

Thanks Guys. I am happy to join the forum.
All the non-whores are the good looking girls...no such thing as a good looking white in the Philippines...All the prostis are butt ugly in my book.
Alepeno
Freshman Poster

Post by Alepeno »

Thanks for sharing this, I really liked it, I'm sure that we'll find so much to learn from this from all of you. That just always makes me feel so great to experience places like these, I'm sure that it will be an fantastic kind of experience for me, To explore any this sort of place soon. That will be defiantly a great sort of experience for me.
ryanx
Freshman Poster

Post by ryanx »

Alepeno is an idiot!