Thailand - Retirement Paradise For Western Men

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

ladislav wrote: Still a racist place and sucks.
Perhaps. But life also sucks in a race neutral place when, on a daily basis, you have to suffer bad food, dysfunctional infrastructure, locals who try to cheat, scam, or make a sugar daddy out of you, horrible pollution, and unattractive girls.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

ladislav wrote:No Westerners running big Thai companies. Only Chinese. You just have no idea.
Doesn't the same pretty much go for Filippino businesses?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Disillusioned_American wrote:Yes, I agree about E. Europe, and that's where I want to go (back to) to find a wife, and to live if possible. I have already had success in this region. I am mostly interested in former Yugoslavian countries. In fact, I just talked to some of my friends from Croatia yesterday on Skype.

The problem is that, it is NOT EASY to obtain a residency visa in those countries! I suppose that I could work on getting an english teaching certificate, but from what I can tell, there aren't exactly a plethora of these positions available, especially when compared to say, China, for instance. I truly wish there were another option. Obviously, marrying a woman from one of those countries would help with getting residency, and that option was presented to me by a nice and sincere girl that I meet and liked (she was okay with the fact that I didn't want to live in the US, so she wasn't a gold digger). However, three months is just not long enough to get to know a person, especially when there's a language barrier involved.

Also, going over the border every 89 days and coming back the same or the next day is no longer an option in most of these countries. I fear that if I break this law by overstaying my visa, then I might be barred from reentering the country for five years or some bullish*t. See my dilemma?
If you have online income, or some cash, I think you can form a Montenegro corporation, then hire yourself, and get residency. Maybe then hire yourself (or your corporation) out to sell yachts or villas to English-speaking tax refugees. This would be the bst spot. Girls from any slavic orthodox country would travel there readily, so you could easily date from a larger pool.

Also another thread (I think on HA) mentioned Macedonia as a place a young guy can go, look for work, then easily get extended working visa after getting the job. Have no idea what you could do there, though. Mail order brides? Run a hostel?

For a relatively civilized, pro-business place, you might try Prague. One HA member is doing a startup there. Yes, it's Schengen-visa (3 months and out), but you could job-hunt for 3 months and see what happens.

With online income Rumania might be another possibility for year-round stay. Albania would work too, I think, but I don't know about their internet / infrastructure.

If you do some investigating of any of these, please let us know what you learn!
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Rock wrote:
ladislav wrote: Still a racist place and sucks.
Perhaps. But life also sucks in a race neutral place when, on a daily basis, you have to suffer bad food, dysfunctional infrastructure, locals who try to cheat, scam, or make a sugar daddy out of you, horrible pollution, and unattractive girls.
Is the girl in your avatar here with a an a$$ the size of a baby VW an example of what you mean by unattractive girls? LOL
I had to ask...LOL As we both know, there is no accounting for taste...something that big should at least have arm-rests and upholstery...
or does it turn out to be a matter of personal preference?

The rest I hardly suffer- bad infrastructure though...but improving some places.
Bad food? Since we are not helpless, we have our own very decent kitchen. We buy fresh foods and eat pretty much superb quality foods.
I stay away from polluted areas, BTW, Bangkok is quite polluted...I stay away from Metro Manila and Bangkok as well.
The sugar daddies are mostly Filipino. I am guessing that some substantial percentage of college girls at Xavier U here have such an
arrangement- typically with an older well off Pinoy. One Filipino estimates that about 25% of the girls have such a deal...
How is that somehow extra-negative and old fashioned p4p soupy seconds is somehow better?

Wherever it is that you happen to be, if you find and keep a good woman as your own, you are way ahead of those who will spend years genuflecting about love or that lack thereof. It is where you find it.

Outwest

Outwest
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

i dont understand what is big deal with racism, its natural
dont expect thais to lick yout butt just bc you are white, if thai came to russia to bang russian girls he would get skinned alive by skinheads

racism exist everywhere to some degree, its reality we like it or not

filipinos are not racists according to lad, but they are just union of different ethnicities that speak different languages, they dont have identity, self hating nation,

noticed how all the smart races such as jews, germans and japs are most racist, wonder why
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Banano wrote:i dont understand what is big deal with racism, its natural
dont expect thais to lick yout butt just bc you are white, if thai came to russia to bang russian girls he would get skinned alive by skinheads

filipinos are not racists according to lad, but they are just union of different ethnicities that speak different languages, they dont have identity, self hating nation,

noticed how all the smart races such as jews, germans and japs are most racist, wonder why
Yes, it seems to be in the nature of human groups in a more general sense to be exclusive, selective, and closed when at the top but open and desperate when they are at the bottom:

-very rich vs. very poor
- famous vs. joe nobodies
- the in-crowd vs. the nobodies in HS
- geniuses vs. the average
- Execs and VPs vs. the troops

When you are at the bottom, you wanna mix with those in a better state however you can. When you are at the top, generally want nothing to do with outsiders. Consider what has been said on this forum about rich Filipinos and how they have no interest in mixing with western foreigners.

The inferior want to mix with the superior but not the other way around of course.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

ladislav wrote:
Would you like for one of our members to end up like this because he is a white guy?

Oh and can you read Thai schoolbooks and understand what the Thai teachers teach their children? Can you understand what they say on TV? Have you lived in Thailand long term to really understand what goes on? I don't think so. Unless you do, this argument is invalid.

I no longer wish to argue on unequal terms and post here. This is just a total waste of time.
Ha ha, you're a self appointed Thai expert because you speak Thai and lived there a few years back in early 90s. So nobody can debate the topic with you unless maybe they are just like you or maybe even Thai (I wonder if Ginger has a counterpart in Bangkok, lol). I don't buy that all so I will continue to speak up and share my thoughts and experiences as I like. And you can just vote with your feet by staying away from the thread.

That photo you posted is ugly. But a white foreigner could get hurt or killed in Phils too. Looking at the bigger picture, risk of being a violence victim for a white foreigner is probably even higher in Phils than Thai. Does it really matter what the motivation behind the attacks are?

Homicide rate in Phils is 5.4 per year per 100,000 vs. 4.8 in Thai, so both countries are similar in this regard with Phils slightly higher. However, death rates per year per 100,000 for UK visitors to Phils were 86 vs. just 37 in Thai in most recent year data is available. If you really are concerned about safety of people on this forum who you convince to come to Asia, why not send them to Japan where homicide rate is just 0.4 per year per 100,000 instead?
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Japan is safe but very racist, you think Jap women would go crazy over some 40 yo white outcast???

Im trying to think if there is country apart from PH that isnt racist

Maybe mongolia or PNG?

Lad seems to blow things out of proportion to prove his point

How about this

http://liveinthephilippines.com/content ... ngerously/

Looks like hunting season on whites, Lad i dont wanna see you pic on that site..get your ass to land of smile, they will love you long time, guaranteed
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

PH 86 vs. just 37 TH

all stats are ponting that PH is far more dangerous than TH for whities

think lary e said in steve h interview that theres law for filipinos and law for foreigners, filipino smoking weed will not get fined whereas white man caught smoking will be looking at harsh jail sentence if he got no money to bribe cops, thats called discrimination based on race, isnt that racism??
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Banano wrote:PH 86 vs. just 37 TH

all stats are ponting that PH is far more dangerous than TH for whities

think lary e said in steve h interview that theres law for filipinos and law for foreigners, filipino smoking weed will not get fined whereas white man caught smoking will be looking at harsh jail sentence if he got no money to bribe cops, thats called discrimination based on race, isnt that racism??
Last year, I met a group of 3 Filipino Americans who lived in Pattaya to partake in the ladies. They all around 60-65 and liked pulling gals off beach road. I asked them why they didn't hang out in Phils instead given their language and culture advantage. They all told me if they lived in their homeland, they felt the risk of getting held-up or robbed was too high. So apparently they felt a lot safer living their retirement years in Pattaya which BTW is not that safe - lots of shady characters from Thailand and all over the world tend to gravitate there. These are Tagalog speaking Filipinos saying this!

I personally don't think Thai is that safe nor Phils is that dangerous. But I do believe Thai is somewhat safer than Phils, as far as threat of unprovoked violence against westerners is concerned.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Banano wrote:Japan is safe but very racist, you think Jap women would go crazy over some 40 yo white outcast???

Im trying to think if there is country apart from PH that isnt racist

Maybe mongolia or PNG?

Lad seems to blow things out of proportion to prove his point

How about this

http://liveinthephilippines.com/content ... ngerously/

Looks like hunting season on whites, Lad i dont wanna see you pic on that site..get your a** to land of smile, they will love you long time, guaranteed
Taiwan is the most benign NE Asian country as far as racism against westerners is concerned I believe. Many areas of LatAm and Caribbean are good if you wanna avoid racism and are western cus it's easier to blend in.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Banano wrote:i dont understand what is big deal with racism, its natural

Phils are an extreme case. Still islanders, not yet a nation.

But your point is well-made. Racial pride does seem to be correlated with excellence. And it doesn't seem harmful, as long as you don't go conquering others.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Thailand is much more safer than PH

When i was in BKK i would walk from Khao San Rd all the way to Soi Cowboy and back, on other nights Id go to PAtpong , never felt in danger not matter how late or early i went..

Manila felt very unsafe and sketchy, homeless people are everywhere sleeping on the street

I hear cebu city is same as manila, davao might be slightly better
HESNSC28
Freshman Poster

Post by HESNSC28 »

ladislav wrote:There are certain areas of Thailand that are "paradise" for white men- as compared with rotting away in Podunk, WS, but one thing I have noticed about Thailand- Thais of the same class or higher do not really like white men. They will accept E/SE Asian man but rarely a white one. Lived and worked there and speak the language. A big disappointment.
Most white men either get hookers that have already been popped by Thai guys and other hand me downs, or end up with the cast offs of the Thai society. Getting a normal Thai girl of the same education as you who is decent looking is not easy if you are a white man. Unless you are a big shot exec. But even then for a good decent Thai girl to be seen with a white guy in public is a shame.
E/SE Asian guys do not have that problem. So , I would say Thailand is really a paradise for well heeled Malaysians, Singaporeans, TWese, HKese, etc. Not for a sincere white guy looking for a romantic home with love and all.
Don't like the place at all!
I agree, I have lived in Isaan for 7 months and found the Thai women here to be much like American women, in terms of attitude, flakiness, money grubbing, etc. Plenty of them are friendly, but most have become "Westernized" and want the next male model or CEO, or just want an old, fat, wealthy retired guy to give money to their family or them. I'm getting sick of dating women here (I'm a 28 year old farang, American). I lived in Vietnam and didn't have as much of a problem dating, but there women really want to get married and move out of Nam. Maybe there are other farangs my age who have found a good Thai woman to love, but up where I am, I haven't had luck and have only found women who want free English lessons, free hotpot, money for their "sick mom," or want you to be a slim, handsome farang man. Ugggghhhh!
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

HESNSC28 wrote:
ladislav wrote:There are certain areas of Thailand that are "paradise" for white men- as compared with rotting away in Podunk, WS, but one thing I have noticed about Thailand- Thais of the same class or higher do not really like white men. They will accept E/SE Asian man but rarely a white one. Lived and worked there and speak the language. A big disappointment.
Most white men either get hookers that have already been popped by Thai guys and other hand me downs, or end up with the cast offs of the Thai society. Getting a normal Thai girl of the same education as you who is decent looking is not easy if you are a white man. Unless you are a big shot exec. But even then for a good decent Thai girl to be seen with a white guy in public is a shame.
E/SE Asian guys do not have that problem. So , I would say Thailand is really a paradise for well heeled Malaysians, Singaporeans, TWese, HKese, etc. Not for a sincere white guy looking for a romantic home with love and all.
Don't like the place at all!
I agree, I have lived in Isaan for 7 months and found the Thai women here to be much like American women, in terms of attitude, flakiness, money grubbing, etc. Plenty of them are friendly, but most have become "Westernized" and want the next male model or CEO, or just want an old, fat, wealthy retired guy to give money to their family or them. I'm getting sick of dating women here (I'm a 28 year old farang, American). I lived in Vietnam and didn't have as much of a problem dating, but there women really want to get married and move out of Nam. Maybe there are other farangs my age who have found a good Thai woman to love, but up where I am, I haven't had luck and have only found women who want free English lessons, free hotpot, money for their "sick mom," or want you to be a slim, handsome farang man. Ugggghhhh!
U seem to be missing Lad's point. It's not about them being Americanized, bad attitude, money grubbing, etc. It's about them having a distinct disdain for whities which does not extend to other Asian foreigners. According to him, they are great if you are S. Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Indonesian, Filipino, etc. but terrible if u are white American, German, Russian, or anything else. He bases his self appointed expert status on Thailand on having lived there around 3 years a whole generation ago and claiming to speak and read Thai very fluently.