Ever wish you were Asian?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
yatterman1
Freshman Poster

Ever wish you were Asian?

Post by yatterman1 »

Most people on here seem to agree that if you are non-asian it is impossible to fit in, in an asian country be it east asia or south east asia.
Nate wrote:There is plenty of wisdom in your post if people will listen. Fitting in or assimilating is pretty well impossible
globetrotter wrote:Lest anyone think otherwise, you cannot ever become part of Asian culture.
globetrotter wrote:you will never fit in or be one of them if you are non-Asian.
Seems like a really shitty way to live....in a country where you don't even fit in and can't fit in no matter what you do because of your ethnicity. I really wish I was asian....especially a good looking asian. Then I could move to an asian country, learn the language, and then be seen as "one of them". Anyone else wish they were asian?
keius
Freshman Poster

Post by keius »

No, I'd rather be a hunky white dude if i had the choice. On a global basis, it affords better opportunities (like being a player).
On the other hand, if i were restricted to an Asian Country like China, then i'd rather be a hunky Chinese guy :P It's hard being an ABC as well, especially if your language skills aren't the best. You will never quite fit in even if you are Chinese.

....make that RICH and hunky <insert> guy :)
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I could move to an asian country, learn the language, and then be seen as "one of them". Anyone else wish they were asian?
You mean if your skin is yellowish and your eyes are narrow, you can land anywhere where such people live and be accepted as long as you learn the language? Does not usually work that way. Because many of them hate each other. And would discriminate against each other more than they would against a white guy. At least a white guy is a novelty, but another Asian is often an enemy.

You are seeing Asians as one monolithic mass, meaning you see them the American way. The Whites, the Blacks, the Hispanics, the Asians, etc. But these classifications stop at the US border. In Korea people consider themselves Koreans. In Japan, they consider themselves Japanese. They are ethnic fundamentalists, not some Continentalists. Japanese do not like Koreans. Cambodians do not like the VNese. In Indonesia, they never acceot the Chinese even if born there and lived there for four generations. And speak the language.

I would not want to be Chinese in Korea. Or in Indonesia in 1999. I would not want to be Korean in Japan.

Maybe I would like to be an Asian in Thailand- they are the only PanAsianists I know and they like Asians but not whites; regardless of ethnicity. Other Asians are ethnic fundamentalists and like their own. Meaning of the same nationality, not race.

You would stand a better chance getting a GF in Japan as a white guy than if you were a HK guy.

In other words, if you were a Korean and went to Japan to live and learned the language and tried to assimilate, you would be eventually given a big kick in the butt. No, you would NEVER become Japanese. Same with a lot of other countries there with the exception of Thailand.

I do not see the Philippines as an Asian country but more like Malay-Polynesian. Very racially mixed where everything goes. And anyone who is a citizen is considered a Filipino. Regardless of color.
Last edited by ladislav on October 20th, 2010, 10:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Absolutely not.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

The only way I wish I were Asian is if I were Asian, I would have a lot of savvy-techy devices.

But I have to say overall, I mean, I'm proud of my cocks' size.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

I'd rather be a black guy in all these countries. Seems to be the in thing right now.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

This is a strange question. I've never heard anyone say they wish they were an Asian guy. lol

Being an Asian guy is a disadvantage in most countries cause Asian males are at the bottom end of the totem pole in terms of physical attractiveness. Even in Europe this is true.

An Asian female, decently looking, is a totally different story of course.

Sure you might fit into Asian societies more if you are Asian. But fitting in means you will just be seen as an average guy. The drunken farmer type Asian that is low class fits in too, but would you want to be him? lol

Just cause you "fit in" doesn't make you wanted or desired. You don't stand out and have no novelty factor in your favor. Thus you are held to higher standards.

Of course, what Ladislav said applies as well.

In the dating scene, being Asian has usually been a disadvantage to me, not an advantage. I've had girls at the line up in brothels in Russia and Poland all reject me cause I was Asian. Imagine that! That's totally humiliating to be rejected by all the girls at a brothel.

The only way being Asian has given me an advantage is probably in job interviews. If you sound intelligent, sincere and focused, they will assume that cause you are Asian, that you are a good loyal reliable hard worker who is smart and punctual too. In school, a lot of kids assumed that I got straight A's, even though I didn't, simply cause I was Asian and the other Asians there got straight A's. In those days, you were called a "brain" if they thought you were smart and got all A's. I also talked like Mr. Spock and used the word "logical" a lot since I learned my English from Star Trek, so that made me sound smart as well compared to others in high school, since I talked like a Star Trek character rather than a normal teen. lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I've had girls at the line up in brothels in Russia and Poland all reject me cause I was Asian. Imagine that! That's totally humiliating to be rejected by all the girls at a brothel.
Me and my friend got kicked out of similar establishments in Thailand for being white. Same in Japan. You would not be allowed in if you are white. In Thailand, in tourist areas there are brothels and bars and all that cater to whites, but outside of it, white people are not welcome.

Being an Asian male is a plus in Thailand. You will be accepted there. If you had lived in Thailand, you would enjoy a far greater welcome than any white guy. The same would be with VN and even Cambodia. You would be accepted there and assimilate.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

ladislav wrote:.
I've had girls at the line up in brothels in Russia and Poland all reject me cause I was Asian. Imagine that! That's totally humiliating to be rejected by all the girls at a brothel.
Me and my friend got kicked out of similar establishments in Thailand for being white. Same in Japan. You would not be allowed in if you are white. In Thailand, in tourist areas there are brothels and bars and all that cater to whites, but outside of it, white people are not welcome.

Being an Asian male is a plus in Thailand. You will be accepted there. If you had lived in Thailand, you would enjoy a far greater welcome than any white guy. The same would be with VN and even Cambodia. You would be accepted there and assimilate.
Yeah but you were kicked out by law, not rejected by the girls there. So it was less humiliating for you than for me.

Can you imagine a lineup of whores all looking at each other saying "You go with him", "No you go with him", etc.? It's humiliating. But I'm used to that I guess, since I've experienced rejection a million times.

As to acceptance, you gotta understand that being accepted and being desired are different things. For example, an uneducated low class peasant farmer with rough hands is accepted in his society as a low class worker, but he is not desired by girls.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Terrence wrote:I'd rather be a black guy in all these countries. Seems to be the in thing right now.
ROTLMAO! You [are] stupid, man. LOL hahaahah!
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Every ethnicity has its own pecking order.

If you were Rain (Jung Ji-Hoon), Hollywood celebrities like Megan Fox would drool over you and want to date you.

But if you're a betelnut chewing taxi driver in Taiwan, you'd have to import a bride from Vietnam.

Rather than say "I wish I was <insert>", say "I wish I was in the top X% of the desirable men in <insert> group".
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Yeah but you were kicked out by law, not rejected by the girls there. So it was less humiliating for you than for me.
No, not by law. There is no such law there. In several places I was told by managers, in some places the girls would bristle and turn away their faces.
Can you imagine a lineup of whores all looking at each other saying "You go with him", "No you go with him", etc.? It's humiliating. But I'm used to that I guess, since I've experienced rejection a million times.
Yes, I can. It was something similar there. Girls just turning their faces away and the angry manager ran out and say- we do not accept foreign guests. Same with girls in buses etc. Some would just get up and move to another seat. A young white man is an AIDS carrying trouble maker with a big penis. And he smells bad too.
As to acceptance, you gotta understand that being accepted and being desired are different things. For example, an uneducated low class peasant farmer with rough hands is accepted in his society as a low class worker, but he is not desired by girls.
Agreed.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

ladislav wrote:.

Would Brazilian and Black guys be allowed in those all-true Thai brothels? I had no problems in Pattaya when I had gone.

- E. Irizarry (2009)

- E. Irizarry (2012)

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

ladislav wrote:
No, not by law. There is no such law there. In several places I was told by managers, in some places the girls would bristle and turn away their faces.
Yes, I can. It was something similar there. Girls just turning their faces away and the angry manager ran out and say- we do not accept foreign guests. Same with girls in buses etc. Some would just get up and move to another seat. A young white man is an AIDS carrying trouble maker with a big penis. And he smells bad too.
Agreed.
Lad, where in the world did you go in Thailand??? The place has been mobbed by white and non-white foreigners from all over the world. By now, even the remote areas have been largely penetrated. I know of several long term expats or more localized farang who often go to P4P establishments catering to local Thais from their accounts, its not like you say. Even some of the establishments I know who used to only take in Japanese have loosened their requirements, perhaps because of bad economy. Udon Thani has some great clubs with girls who are very much Thai style - not only light skinned but even quite tall (not what you would expect in Issan). Some of the white guys staying there frequent such clubs and once they figure out how things work, seem to do OK. I don't think massage parlors generally discriminate either. I gotta ask you, do you look at all Indian or Middle Eastern?

Now from what I've heard, the main brothel district in Seoul is very hit or miss for foreigners, probably with more misses than hits. And Japan is notorious for this practice.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I look a bit Mediterranean but not to Thais. They call me Farang. Where it happened? Along Petchburi Road going West I believe. Several places.

Massage parlors mainly. Also, in Klongtoey. Quite a few expats also told me about those things happening to them. Same goes for private clubs, etc. Pattaya is a tourist area built for tourists. Again the year was 1993 and the AIDS epidemics was at its apogee. Maybe things have loosened up. I have no idea what went on but it was not me imagining things.

Thais call me Farang, not Kaak.

Other expats not reporting this? Well, if it happened, they would probably experience cognitive dissonance.

No way SE Asians can discriminate, only white people can. So they cannot absorb it.

It would also be digraceful to admit it. And maybe they were just lucky. I have no idea. No explanation at this point. I still do not know how some people can go to a country and experience rejection and discrimination in buckets and some will go there and have the time of their lives. I have no idea but I would not be blaming the victims.

It is the same with crime. Over my two decades visiting the Philippines and living there on an on and off basis, I have only had one run in with a drunk and it was mild. And I am not careful. I walk around bad neighborhoods at night, I can get loud and sometimes am in a bad mood and can say stupid things and get angry at Filipinos. I have known guys who got beat up bad and have heard of murders and foreigners kindnapped. But NOTHING like this even happened to me. I also knew of two American guys in AC who consistently get hateful SMS from Filipinos- "get out of here, go back to the US, you will die here, we will kill you". And white guys being killed in the province of Pampanga was fairly common just recently. And it is still common. Same in Cebu, Manila.

Constant news of Americans shot, robbed, beaten. Even last time in Angeles 9 white people were killed by a guy who hated white foreigners and Filipinos who married them. It was scary. But nothing like this happened to me. Most of the time when Filipino people see me, they somehow take to me and turn their mild side to me. Even if I get angry, they do not take me seriously. And I also go to Mindanao all the time and walk alone at night. At 2 AM I go out and hang out all alone. And I went to Muslim areas! There is travel advisory for people not to go there. Even for Filipinos! But did anything happen to me since I have been a regular visitor in Mindanao since 1998? Nothing! I have even been introduced to a Muslim leader there. Did they bother me? No!
What gives?

So we chime, and Thais and I do not chime. Why, who knows?

Also, I am very susceptive to the body language, can learn languages easily and know what people are saying about me. Many expats do not speak the language and do not know what is going on. But this is only a partial explanation. There must be some deeper, perhaps karmic causes.

Obviously being kicked out of a bar for being a Farang is easily understood, but maybe if it did happen to them they would just shrug it off and go off to another bar. Or just hang out in tourist areas. Even in smaller towns.

I have not been to Thailand since 1996.

There was a Black American gentleman here some weeks ago who had told everyone here that he had NEVER experienced any racism in America. I am sure he is not the only one and there will be possibly millions of such people who will say that they have also not seen/heard/felt any racism in America. I do not know what to say or comment about it.