Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

"Average" Filipinas

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

"Average" Filipinas

Postby wuxi » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:36 pm

Theres nothing I like better than a beautiful woman that doesn't realize she's beautiful. Mediocrity, takes on a whole new meaning when it comes to asian women. Heres some filipinas that describe themselves as "average" looking.

http://www.dateinasia.com/clarisses.html
http://www.dateinasia.com/lara25.html
http://www.dateinasia.com/simplysweet13.html
http://www.dateinasia.com/alehc.html

This one is ready to rob a sperm bank.

http://www.dateinasia.com/maricris2504.html
wuxi
Freshman Poster

Postby rome86 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:30 am

man they are fine to me.. anyway for me attraction is not solely based on facial features.
hello
rome86
Freshman Poster

Postby ladislav » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:25 am

They 'are' average looking in the ' Philippines'. They would be knockouts in Podunk Wisconsin or even at a California HS/College. All guys would be asking them out. In the Philippines they would just evoke a yawn,
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Repatriate » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:52 pm

ladislav wrote:They 'are' average looking in the ' Philippines'. They would be knockouts in Podunk Wisconsin or even at a California HS/College. All guys would be asking them out. In the Philippines they would just evoke a yawn,

No kidding. I have a feeling this is why so many men who take that first step abroad fall into a trap too. They are totally unaccustomed to the reality of having much more beautiful women available that they lose their higher mental faculties in reasoning not to mention rock bottom self esteem. It's a recipe for disaster until a man can properly adjust himself to the situation at hand.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Postby wuxi » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:38 pm

Repatriate wrote:
ladislav wrote:They 'are' average looking in the ' Philippines'. They would be knockouts in Podunk Wisconsin or even at a California HS/College. All guys would be asking them out. In the Philippines they would just evoke a yawn,

No kidding. I have a feeling this is why so many men who take that first step abroad fall into a trap too. They are totally unaccustomed to the reality of having much more beautiful women available that they lose their higher mental faculties in reasoning not to mention rock bottom self esteem. It's a recipe for disaster until a man can properly adjust himself to the situation at hand.

I've heard the locals in Southeast Asia can never figure out why foreign guys always choose "ugly" asian girlfriends. A foreign guy will be showing his girlfriends picture to everyone(proud as a peacock) while asian guys will be trying not to laugh in his face. Its a good idea to find out what the standard for beauty is for the country your in before you start dating, otherwise you might be selling yourself short.

Heres another "average" filipina.
http://www.dateinasia.com/iloveflower_22.html
wuxi
Freshman Poster

Re: "Average" Filipinas

Postby mentor » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:28 am

When a rather beautiful girl declares herself as 'average', does this comes from humility or any other reason?

Better avoid the ones describe themselves like 'very attractive'?
mentor
Freshman Poster

Postby pete98146 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:50 pm

mentor wrote:When a rather beautiful girl declares herself as 'average', does this comes from humility or any other reason?

Probably a little bit of both. The ones that think they are "very attractive" are normally the ones wearing the V cut sweaters or bikinis for their profile photos. Usually best to avoid.

A bit more on the humility issue. Most guys in this forum will never travel so it's difficult for them to get a true appreciation of how many pretty women exist abroad. Since we are talking about Filipinas, I tend not to like the "Luzon Look" as much. I'm talking about what most folks would describe as the typical looking Filipina. To me to they have a slightly bigger bone structure and they have the wider, flatter nose. Don't get me wrong, plenty of hotties in this group but IMHO not as many.

Which leaves us with the ladies from down south. The Visayan Look. My oh my, now we are talking :) These ladies have more of an olive completion, have the more exotic genes, more of an oval shaped face, smaller nose etc. I've spent time in this region and yes there are some real stunners running around. With this level of competition, it's easy to see where a pretty lady would consider herself only "average."
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Postby davewe » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:50 pm

pete98146 wrote:
mentor wrote:When a rather beautiful girl declares herself as 'average', does this comes from humility or any other reason?

Probably a little bit of both. The ones that think they are "very attractive" are normally the ones wearing the V cut sweaters or bikinis for their profile photos. Usually best to avoid.

A bit more on the humility issue. Most guys in this forum will never travel so it's difficult for them to get a true appreciation of how many pretty women exist abroad. Since we are talking about Filipinas, I tend not to like the "Luzon Look" as much. I'm talking about what most folks would describe as the typical looking Filipina. To me to they have a slightly bigger bone structure and they have the wider, flatter nose. Don't get me wrong, plenty of hotties in this group but IMHO not as many.

Which leaves us with the ladies from down south. The Visayan Look. My oh my, now we are talking :) These ladies have more of an olive completion, have the more exotic genes, more of an oval shaped face, smaller nose etc. I've spent time in this region and yes there are some real stunners running around. With this level of competition, it's easy to see where a pretty lady would consider herself only "average."

Pete and I both like the "Visayan look" for obvious reasons, so we're prejudiced. This is such a complex issue and with only a couple years marriage I still get shocked.

Yes, most Filipinas are humble and self-deprecating about their looks. Yet, underneath the surface my wife knows she looks good. Why does she not say so more often? Because in the Philippines white skin and long noses are kings. So since most Filipinas are not white skinned and do not have "long noses" they consider themselves less than perfect - and their culture which reveres those characteristics agrees.

For us Westerners it's a win-win thing, since we do have that pasty white skin and long noses that are considered so superior in the Philippines.
Check out my blog @ www.marriedafilipina.com
davewe
Experienced Poster

Postby mentor » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:17 am

I can't tell you how much I appreciate humble people, especially humble girls.
Being humble is a christian virtue, so valuable feature.
I like hearing that filipina girls are humble.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Postby Balmung » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:54 am

pete98146 wrote:Which leaves us with the ladies from down south. The Visayan Look. My oh my, now we are talking :) These ladies have more of an olive completion, have the more exotic genes, more of an oval shaped face, smaller nose etc. I've spent time in this region and yes there are some real stunners running around. With this level of competition, it's easy to see where a pretty lady would consider herself only "average."

As yes, the Visayan look. I'm hardly an expert, but I recently came back from 10 days in the Visayas, and there were so many beautiful women there, I just couldn't believe it. Combine it with the fact that in the city I was in- large-ish provincial capital in the Visayas- I saw only about 10 white guys, and I was the only one under 50. I got the "look" from a bunch of women... I can't imagine any American guy who's not a total skeezer completely striking out. Of course, I was in town to visit a specific woman I've been chatting with online, and it was totally worth it, so I'd never disrespect her by flirting too much with other women (and honestly, she's got the Visayan look, and is super hot). But I know if she had flaked, I'd have had feminine attention anyway. Talk about an embarrassment of riches.

(As a funny aside, on a jeepney, a hot young woman sat across from me, and started smiling at me. My girl suddenly felt the need to get very hands-y with me, including putting her hand on my knee. I believe that's known as "mate guarding" :D )
Balmung
Freshman Poster

Postby Anonymous1 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:16 pm

davewe wrote:
pete98146 wrote:

Pete and I both like the "Visayan look" for obvious reasons, so we're prejudiced. This is such a complex issue and with only a couple years marriage I still get shocked.

Yes, most Filipinas are humble and self-deprecating about their looks. Yet, underneath the surface my wife knows she looks good. Why does she not say so more often? Because in the Philippines white skin and long noses are kings. So since most Filipinas are not white skinned and do not have "long noses" they consider themselves less than perfect - and their culture which reveres those characteristics agrees.

For us Westerners it's a win-win thing, since we do have that pasty white skin and long noses that are considered so superior in the Philippines.

Is this the visayan look you are talking about???
Last edited by Anonymous1 on Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous1
Freshman Poster

Postby mentor » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:46 am

What is the Visayan look?
mentor
Freshman Poster

Postby pete98146 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:29 pm

A few pics of my wife that show the Visayan look.

http://www.fotor.com/show/7441f7a230cf4bd7896298d77f00bfa3?lg=en_US

Only picture I can currently find of my wife. This would be the visayan look.

http://www.fotor.com/show/a916bba7aa7a4f9f81c7b37b8fc55806?lg=en_US

LOL, found an older pic of my wife at graduation. Sorry the pic was folded horizontally right in the middle across her lip line. Again, she has an elongated oval face, smaller nose. She does have quite a bit of Spanish blood.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Postby Anonymous1 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:03 pm

mentor wrote:What is the Visayan look?

From my experience visayans tend to look more southern mongoloid in phenotype...while Luzon tend to look more aboriginal

This young woman(married to a korean guy) on the left is from Capiz, on Panay island in Western visayas.
Anonymous1
Freshman Poster

Postby pete98146 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:23 pm

I find the Visayan look to be more varied than the Luzon look. But sure the girl on the left has Visayan features. It's funny, other Filipinos will sometimes look at my wife and not realize she's Filipino and they have to ask to confirm.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Next

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand