Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Preventative shots

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Preventative shots

Postby FreeYourMind » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:45 am

I'm finally going to take the plunge, visiting Thailand and the Philippines shortly. It'll be my first trip overseas.

My doctor said something about getting some shots before I leave to avoid certain contagious diseases. Do any of you veteran travelers to Asia do that? Sounds unnecessary but at the same time I don't want my trip to be messed up by getting sick from something if it can be avoided. Any input is appreciated.
FreeYourMind
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:15 am







Postby odbo » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:25 am

I've never gotten malaria or anything like that but all I can say is stay the f**k away from vaccines. They don't work, period. Whether they're for your pets or for you. Research their history (like the bullshit polio vaccine). More importantly than being at least partly junk science they contain toxins like mercury and are a risk in themselves. ESPECIALLY in these times when certain agendas are being pushed in plain sight, (the wolf is shedding its sheep's clothes) and there are non of the safety nets nor [perceived] accountability of prior decades. Just look at this as a few examples:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tVqTnSRYEY[/youtube] [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lgZB9P5Yj4[/youtube]

It doesn't matter that you're a grown adult, they're not safe.

Get plenty of Vitamin D (the sun), get plenty of sleep, drink water, don't compromise your immune system by stressing out needlessly or consuming lots of sugar, and take a vitamin C tablet every morning when you're around a lot of people, and you won't ever get any flu. For protection against less preventable things, look into alternative medicine like colloidal silver. I've talked with people that claimed they cured themselves of aids with such treatments. It's not all snake-oil, in fact the stuff that works is usually free.

Don't listen to big pharma prostitutes aka medical doctors. Even the good natured doctors can't help but be pawns in the game. STAY AWAY from their pills and advice. If you can't, then stay away from hospitals and clinics all together unless you get into a car accident and need your face put back together, or are you want some tests done (actual science) to see if you have a vitamin deficiency, etc.

Image
odbo
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2171
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:40 pm

Postby Mr S » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:28 pm

LinuxOnly wrote:I've never gotten malaria or anything like that but all I can say is stay the f**k away from vaccines. They don't work, period. Whether they're for your pets or for you. Research their history (like the bullshit polio vaccine). More importantly than being at least partly junk science they contain toxins like mercury and are a risk in themselves. ESPECIALLY in these times when certain agendas are being pushed in plain sight, (the wolf is shedding its sheep's clothes) and there are non of the safety nets nor [perceived] accountability of prior decades. Just look at this as a few examples:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tVqTnSRYEY[/youtube] [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lgZB9P5Yj4[/youtube]

It doesn't matter that you're a grown adult, they're not safe.

Get plenty of Vitamin D (the sun), get plenty of sleep, drink water, don't compromise your immune system by stressing out needlessly or consuming lots of sugar, and take a vitamin C tablet every morning when you're around a lot of people, and you won't ever get any flu. For protection against less preventable things, look into alternative medicine like colloidal silver. I've talked with people that claimed they cured themselves of aids with such treatments. It's not all snake-oil, in fact the stuff that works is usually free.

Don't listen to big pharma prostitutes aka medical doctors. Even the good natured doctors can't help but be pawns in the game. STAY AWAY from their pills and advice. If you can't, then stay away from hospitals and clinics all together unless you get into a car accident and need your face put back together, or are you want some tests done (actual science) to see if you have a vitamin deficiency, etc.

Image


Ditto! I think if you are healthy and eat natural foods and take vitamins you should be okay. I've traveled around all parts of Asia and I've never had any issues other than the occasional diarrhea because of eating some bad food and the typical colds from time to time.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
User avatar
Mr S
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2311
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:57 am
Location: Physical Earth, 3rd Dimensional Plane

Postby keius » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:18 am

Make sure you purchase diarrhea pills from the US and not local.
Stick to reputable bottled water. Otherwise boiled water.
And even though you might never use them, purchase some water purification dissolvable tablets from an outdoors shop. They make the water taste funky but better safe than sorry. It really depends on where you'll be traveling. Also bring some common medication/pills with you. I always kept a stash of junk like "coldwar" dietary supplement, tylenol, cold meds, mini first aid kit, etc.
Nothing sucks worse than getting sick during this kind of vacation. I personally used quite a number of health supplements for when i traveled.

EDIT: and yeah....i never bothered with shots when traveling. Don't personally know anyone who's bothered with shots either.
keius
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:44 pm

Re: Preventative shots

Postby momopi » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:23 am

FreeYourMind wrote:I'm finally going to take the plunge, visiting Thailand and the Philippines shortly. It'll be my first trip overseas.

My doctor said something about getting some shots before I leave to avoid certain contagious diseases. Do any of you veteran travelers to Asia do that? Sounds unnecessary but at the same time I don't want my trip to be messed up by getting sick from something if it can be avoided. Any input is appreciated.



Hepatitis A/B shots. Pack some "N-9 free" condoms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hepatitis_B_in_China
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4706
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:44 am
Location: Orange County, California

Re: Preventative shots

Postby Winston » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:49 pm

momopi wrote:
FreeYourMind wrote:I'm finally going to take the plunge, visiting Thailand and the Philippines shortly. It'll be my first trip overseas.

My doctor said something about getting some shots before I leave to avoid certain contagious diseases. Do any of you veteran travelers to Asia do that? Sounds unnecessary but at the same time I don't want my trip to be messed up by getting sick from something if it can be avoided. Any input is appreciated.



Hepatitis A/B shots. Pack some "N-9 free" condoms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hepatitis_B_in_China


Are you recommending that he get some Hepatitis A and B shots? Why? Cause Big Pharma and the doctors say so? Vaccines are not as safe as they say. Did you know that?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23568
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm


Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests